Beqanna
close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M] - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Explore (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Common Lands (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+---- Forum: River (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Thread: close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M] (/showthread.php?tid=15354)

Pages: 1 2 3

close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M] - Kali - 06-24-2017

Fall was perhaps Kali’s favorite season. Ischia itself didn’t do much by way of changing colors, but almost everywhere else she went, the world was painted in vibrant oranges and golds, reds and yellows and browns. The trees along the big river on the mainland were especially vibrant lately, and Kali had a bit of an itch to go see them. Thing was, she wasn’t in the mood to go alone. Oh, she could. If she wanted to. But exploring was so much more fun when she had someone to share it with. So instead of heading across the water, she set out in search of her big brother.

He wasn’t at their favorite spring, nor the quiet little cove where they liked to go lie in the sun and talk about life and dreams and the future. She didn’t find him up on the cliffs with his wings spread out so he could feel the sun shining down and the wind caressing his feathers. Sad, too, or she could have snuck up and tucked herself up under one of those beautiful wings, even if she’d started to notice she fit against him differently these days than she used to. She was still a good bit shorter than he, but she sure as hell couldn’t duck her head and sneak under his chest anymore, or dart between his legs and jump out the other side with a giggle and a wag of her tail.

Even her tail was different, no more scruffy little stump. Her hair was growing out, reaching halfway down her legs. Her mane had fallen over and was starting to flow down her neck, even if it was still nowhere near as long as Khari’s. Still, he’d said it would grow in time, just like the rest of her was. Just like it had already been.

She walked along the trail to the grove where the parrots loved to nest, drinking in the sound of home and breathing in Ischia’s sweet island scent. Flowers and wild things, salt and sunlight, trees and earth and home. No matter how far she wandered - and she’d certainly begun to wander farther and farther - her island was always home. The island, and the people who lived on it.

Especially Khari.

Oh, she loved them all. Mom and Dad, Papa, Baddie and Kylie, and all the not-family residents that she’d encountered seemed lovely too. But Khari had been her best friend from the moment she could think coherently enough for him to reach her, and he’d always have a special place in her heart. He’d always feel just a little bit extra like home.

Khari, would you like to go to the river with me? she asked, feeling the first hint of him brushing against her mind. So familiar, so welcome, like the soft smile before a long hug. The trees look so lovely, and it would be nice to get out and stretch our legs, don’t you think? She smiled and kept walking, waiting for him to come up beside her and drape his wing over her and tuck her up against him. He had to be close, she could feel it.
Kirby and Lacey's
little whisper girl

RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - Kharon - 06-25-2017

let my eyes be the rhythm, let my mind be your freedom

Kali.

He could sense her searching for him, coming closer, and he smiled. The river, she asked. Of course, he would love to go. Would love to take her. He certainly wouldn't want her going alone, though she was probably old enough to do so. It wasn't something he liked to think about: her ever wandering off to the mainland without him where he couldn't watch over her. Where he couldn't be at her side and hold her close, keep her safe. Keep her to himself? The trees look so lovely, and it would be nice to get out and stretch our legs, don't you think? He could hear the smile in her thoughts, the serenity in her voice.

Drawn to her, tracking her through her mind, and then slipping effortlessly into it. Kali.. he murmured, smiling softly and fluttering against her presence. He would catch up to her soon, could feel her near.

Wherever you want.
I'll take you anywhere.

But the river sounded perfect for today, and after another minute or two he was next to her, easing to her side with a wing falling over her back. He smiled, pushing his muzzle into the crook of her jaw as they walked. She was growing, fit against his body a little differently. A little better. How did he miss her when she was right here? He pulled away with a sweet pinch, grey eyes dancing.

What would you like to do when we get there? He didn't really care, it didn't really matter. Whatever they did, he would love it. He should take Kylin out when she is happy with him again.

They walked across the water together with him hugging her to his left side and teasing at her lavender hair. He kept in mind the things Father said, of course. The way he shouldn't look at Kylin, or touch Kylin. The things that should also include Kali, too. If he did anything with either of them, he was sure Father wouldn't love him anymore. Not if he took after Dad's dad. Father hated his dad, the way he was, the things he did. Father would hate him too, probably chase him off the island. And then when would he see them?

The thought always sobered him, and he straightened a little. Still held her to his side. Like a brother. Still loved them, still loved her. Like a brother. His stomach knotted and he stared ahead. He couldn't help that he found them to be so gorgeous. Father would have agreed, though maybe not in the same way. But, maybe one day, Father would understand. Maybe, one day, it'll be okay.

RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - Kali - 06-25-2017

Kali. She smiled as he settled in against her, his presence wrapping around her just like his wings did when he was there with her physically. Just like that, the world felt a little brighter. She felt a little warmer, a little happier, a little more at peace. Wherever you want. I’ll take you anywhere. She walked on, unconcerned that the river was more off to the right. What need did they have for the most direct path, when they could take the most beautiful one and spend the extra distance in each other’s company?

It took a couple of minutes, but she never minded the wait. Not when he was nestled against her already, home in the touch of his mind on hers. And when his wing draped over her and he tucked her up against his side, when the velvet soft of his nose brushed the edge of her jaw, it got even better. Her skin tingled with awareness, the brush of his body against hers so different than the feel of his mind, so much more tangible, so much more solid.

He nipped her just a little, just enough to get her attention, and pulled back to look down at her with merry grey eyes. What would you like to do when we get there? he asked, smiling, looking almost as relaxed as she felt. She huffed out a silent laugh and bumped her shoulder against his, getting distracted for a long moment by the feel of his warm skin against hers, rubbing her face against the strong plane of his neck the way she’d done ever since she was small. Ever since she could remember, at least the memories of her body. She still had a few impressions from before, but mostly they were gone now, almost all but Khari cuddling her close, teaching her what colors looked like, showing her the faces of the people who already loved her and were just waiting for her to come out and meet them.

I want to see, of course. The leaves have turned such bright, beautiful colors, all dressed up in their autumn finery. She cast a sly glance up at him and lipped at his medallion, iron wrought by their father’s talented hand. You’d fit right in, brother-mine, wouldn’t you? But then, Khari was always resplendent, just like their father. Perhaps it was the trees that would fit in with him.

We could just walk, like this, and see how the world’s changed since the last time we looked. And then we could find a cozy spot to settle in and just be. Breathe in the crisp fall air. Sit and dream. Or… She grinned and nipped him playfully, lashing her tail a bit and nudging him with her shoulder. We could race across the river and through the woods ‘til our hearts are racing and our legs are quaking and neither of us can catch our breath. I bet I’d win, though. He had a bit of an advantage with those long, elegant legs of his, but she was lighter and just a bit more agile, after all. Plus, the river was her favorite place to explore. She knew it and the land around it well, and wasn’t afraid to play a little dirty.

What do you think? She sighed and relaxed against him, revelling in the rolling of the waves, the flow of the water around them, the way it held them up and cradled them. Its beloved, weren’t they? Who else did it buoy, forming a pathway for their feet where others sank into its depths? As they walked across the stretch of sea that held their island paradise apart from the rest of the world, she thought of how fortunate she was, how lucky. Hey, Khari? she asked, lifting her head to look up at him. This is lovely already. Thank you for coming with me.
Kirby and Lacey's
little whisper girl

He loved the way she rubbed against him, her face to his neck, her side to his. They were such an affectionate family. He couldn't imagine it being any different, couldn't imagine being without the warm contact and soft smiles. He should make sure not to mess up, so he can always have it this way.

Even if he wanted so much more.

I want to see, of course, she told him silently. She looked up at him and lipped pointedly at the iron around his neck. He definitely liked when her eyes met his. Somehow she made Mother's eyes look completely different, so warm with a secret behind them. Not cold and dull, indifferent. He leaned in and lightly kissed her forehead, his body feeling all warm and liquid inside. Resplendent, she thought him. You'd fit right in, brother-mine, wouldn't you? Brother. He didn't answer.

They could just walk, she suggested, could just see how the world's changed with the passing of seasons. Changes that they didn't really see on their island paradise. They could find a cozy spot to settle in and just be. Or... She grinned at him then, stinging his skin with a playful nip and bumping her smaller shoulder to his. We could race across the river and through the woods 'til our hearts are racing and our legs are quaking and neither of us can catch our breath.

And all of that definitely sounded fantastic, even if he did have to remind himself that she meant from racing with each other.

What do you think, she sighed, relaxing into him again. He played at her hair some more, hardly even noticing the sea opening around them and the island falling behind. Neither of them seemed to care that he wasn't taking them directly to the river. It all sounds perfect, he replied quietly. Here, with her, it was all perfect.

Hey, Khari? She lifted her head from his shoulder and he fell into that earthy brown again, the sunlight embedding little flares of liquid amber in their depths. This is lovely already. Thank you for coming with me.

Of course, he said back, brushing her hair from her face. I'd go anywhere with you. Or do anything. But maybe he shouldn't say that. Not that she'd understand. She wouldn't understand, didn't know. Father was never far from his mind. The words that haunted him, that depressed him, that sobered him. Today, he wished he could forget them and just be free to not worry. Even innocent touches were doubted, second-guessed. Always having to question himself and whether he was being a brother. Or just being him.

They didn't have to wait to get to the river to race, though. And he tried to brush everything else aside, sparing her a mischievous grin and pinching her neck before taking off with a laugh. He bolted from her side as fast as he could, his wings naturally wanting to lift and pump at his sides. He fought the instinct and kept them firmly against him, though, making sure she could run beside him. The salty sea air was home to him, even way out here, and he savored the mist tangling in his hair and the spray against his legs as he ran.

Come on, baby sis, or I'll leave you behind!

Kali sighed and smiled, relaxing even further as her Khari played with her hair, brushed it back from her face. That feels nice. I’d go anywhere with you too, Khari. Do you want to go somewhere new instead? It doesn’t have to be the river. We could just see where the ocean takes us.

He seemed distracted, a little troubled, his lovely grey eyes going distant just a moment too long. But before she could ask, he shook it off and grinned at her, pinching the skin of her neck between his teeth and pulling a startled gasp out of her as he launched away, already running. Hey! Her laughter rang out and joined his, and she chased after him, racing across the waves, her hooves splashing against the surface of the water as she ran. I’ll get you, you sneak! Leave her behind, ha! He could try!

By the time she caught up, her eyes were wide and sparkling with delight. She dove for him, crashing into his side and sending the pair of them tumbling across the waves. With a triumphant ha! she landed sprawled out across him. Grinning down at him, her eyes alight with mischief, she bumped her nose against the bottom of his chin. Caught you!
Kirby and Lacey's
little whisper girl

Just see where the ocean took them.

It sounded perfect. Their family belonged on the water, near the water. Exploring the ocean way, way far in the distance was a beautiful idea. Letting everything else fall away, get smaller and smaller until they couldn't see it anymore. Until all there was, was gentle ocean waves, and sunshine. Maybe an occasional screech of a distant sea bird. But the sound of the water was the best.

Their laughter joined that natural symphony, easing the tension from his shoulders he hadn't realized was even there. I'll get you, you sneak! His smile widened, and he ran harder, feeling a shot of adrenaline at their chase. He threw his legs forward, trying hard to outrun her though he knew it was only a matter of time. His stride was longer, but she was so much lighter and swifter. He could only win in the skies.

He glanced over his shoulder, hearing her gaining on him, just in time to see her dive for him. He barked a surprised laugh and tried to leap away, but she crashed into his side anyway, sending them sprawling across the surface of the water. Caught you! she exclaimed, grinning down at him with more light in those eyes and bumping her nose against his chin.

Haha, yeah, he said back softly, reaching up to brush his nose with hers. Even as they talked, the only sound around them was this natural escape, the whisper of water lapping against their skin where it touched. His heart still raced and thundered, pumping wildly through him and he kissed the top of her velvety nose. She was so beautiful, and he was so aware of every single place they were touching.

Still smiling, still staring in her eyes, he leaned back further and lay his head back. His wings slowly unfolded and spread wide, laying the backs lightly against the water like giant, floating autumn leaves. He tilted his head just a little, already fighting the urge to nip at her cheek. Or just reach and touch her. He closed his eyes instead and took a deep breath of that sweet ocean breeze, then exhaled in a long, contented sigh.

This is so nice. This is perfect.

Out on the ocean was the best idea, just the two of them and the sea breeze, the rolling of the waves and the sunlight making the water sparkle. Kali smiled and hummed a happy little sound as he kissed the top of her nose and then sprawled out, his wings stretching to fan out across the water. Yeah. I can’t think of anything better. She settled against him, resting her head on his chest and closing her eyes, soaking in the warmth of the sun, feeling the water gently lapping at the parts of her it could reach.

What do wings feel like, Khari? She’d always wondered, just a little. Just because he had them, these extra pieces of himself that she could barely imagine. So lovely and elegant, with such pretty feathers. And so warm and sweet when they wrapped around her and held her close.

Does it feel the same when the wind dances in your feathers as it does when it plays with your hair? She brushed her nose along the underside, tracing the long, sleek line of his limb and snorting as one of the downy feathers tickled her nostril. Is it more like skin, or totally different? Do they make your heart ache for the sky when the wind is just right?
Kirby and Lacey's
little whisper girl

Yeah. I can't think of anything better.

He couldn't either, just then. He didn't want to do anything else but lounge out here. The rest of the world barely existed, so far out there where they didn't have to see or hear it. Alone out here.

What do wings feel like, Khari? Hmm, he thought about it, not really trying too hard. So impossibly relaxed, save for the crash of his pulse and these sensations of her laying against him, her head resting on his chest. He lifted his wings, letting the water trickle down like a quiet rain and back to the ocean a moment before he curled and wrapped them around the two of them.

Does it feel the same when the wind dances in your feathers as it does when it plays with your hair? Her nose swept lightly along the underside, and he held his breath. It tickled a little, or tingled, or shivered, and his feathers ruffled like goosebumps across skin. It felt so good. She snorted, and he grinned again. Is it more like skin, or totally different? Do they make your heart ache for the sky when the wind is just right?

He didn't really want to think about it. He wasn't a very good flier, though he hoped to be one day. Hmm, he hummed again, smiling wider, rolling them over to lean above her. His wings folded at the wrists to either side of them, blotting out the sun and walling them off in the shade of his body. It probably feels... a little like this, he said quietly, bending to hover his mouth at the sensitive place below her jaw. Without touching her, he blew out a slow stream of breath, making her skin tighten up and prickle with a shuddering chill.

Or like this... And he barely, so lightly, dragged the tip of his nose slowly up her throat, his mouth stopping at her jawline, lingering, hesitating. Then he pulled back to gauge her reaction, staring down at her with curious grey eyes.

At first he just hummed, and his smile drew a soft laugh out of her. Sometimes a quiet little hmm was enough. She smiled back as he rolled them both and propped himself up, shading them with his wings. The water could reach more of her this way, licking against her skin, flowing along her back, and she hummed a little herself and tilted her head back to let it play with her hair.

It probably feels...a little like this, he said, his voice in her head softer than the fluff of downy feathers. He breathed out against her jaw, sending an unexpected shiver racing through her whole body. She gasped, her eyelids fluttering and her head tilting back just a little farther. Or like this… The soft of his nose trailed a line up her throat, barely touching, and she hummed again at the soft contact, the jolts that danced under her skin like lightning.

“Ohhh,” she said softly, her eyes drifting closed as her whole body went languid and liquid like the water beneath them. That’s what wings feel like? Maybe she wished she had wings, if the wind ruffling his feathers felt like that. I didn’t know skin could do that. Does it feel that good all the time? She coaxed her eyes open so she could peer up at him, meeting the curiosity there with solemn intensity. Or just when the wind is blowing?
Kirby and Lacey's
little whisper girl

She hummed too as he laid her back, enjoying the feel of the water against her and letting it twist through her hair. This was so fun, so relaxing for both of them. But maybe it was taking a little bit of a different turn for him. Maybe... he should take them to the river soon instead.

But then she gasped at his breath against her, her head tilting back. It was harder to breathe, feeling her react to him, and his pulse spiked anew. Mmm, he liked that. And he tried again, sweeping lightly up the line of her throat. She hummed again, triggering little needles plucking between his shoulders. His eyes darkened and his lips parted with a silent, satisfied sigh. He definitely liked that.

"Ohhh," she said softly, her eyelids falling shut. The shift from thought to sound slipped as naturally through this tranquil paradise as the dolphin leaping further out, a startling, distant splash that completely belonged and made him ache for more. He watched as her body went a little limp, melting under his attention. He smiled softly again, eyes bright and breaths quietly shallow.

That's what wings feel like? she asked, altering back into his mind again. I didn't know skin could do that. Does it feel that good all the time? Somehow, the question woke him up a little, and his eyes and smile dimmed as she opened hers to look up at him. Or just when the wind is blowing? He stared down at her silently, suddenly unsure and searching her eyes. He was messing up again, wasn't he?

That's what... oh. He almost forgot what they were even talking about. He hesitated, watching her a moment longer, then glanced away. His wings tucked back in and he shifted away, settling next to her as he stared way out there, in the opposite direction of their island home. Far, far away where some things might not ever matter to anyone. Um. Yeah, only when the wind is blowing, he finished dumbly. He was quiet a bit longer, then tried to turn a warm smile to her.

"We can go to the river now, if you want."