Beqanna
[open] i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Field (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Thread: [open] i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits (/showthread.php?tid=19172)

i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - Viserion - 04-23-2018

When the world had changed, falling into chaos and discord, he too had fallen away with the old.

Time had held him together. Almost as if he had spent the last remaining years slumbering into a deep sleep but not changing. It is simply all a memory, almost a long dream he has awaken from, as he emerged from the world he once knew into something new and perhaps wondrous.

He is simply the way he was before the Reckoning had come—standing tall and growing still, but the age of a yearling. The young boy is covered in thick dragon scales of black. He is marked by vermillion pigment of appaloosa spots from every direction. The dragon scales were something special to the boy, something he is proud to adorn and be covered in. It was a dying gift from his father, Rigdon, who had been gifted to them for killing a dragon—the stories had always been a favorite of his.

The dark boy moves forward. Honey-hazel colored eyes search from the edges of the field as he makes his way towards the center. The boy notices the cliques of other horses, but he keeps to himself, pulling towards no direction in particular.

There was nowhere for him to go right now (at least not yet). Viserion has found himself in a world he is not familiar with, but from the passing of strangers on his way here he knows he is in Beqanna. This place was his homeland, but certainly not the Tundra. There seemed to be no place that anyone knew of, but perhaps someone did. Perhaps someone knew what has happened, and he would find his answers.

It was all he needed now.
character info: here | character reference: here

Ischia recruits only. I thought someone could get some good points for a recruit Wink

RE: i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - takei - 04-24-2018

Takei
He’d been alive as the world quaked beneath their feet. Takei had felt the ground shift and the sky flip upside down and the birds rise from their nests to find safety. It wouldn’t be the last time his world would splinter around him (the island melting from shades of greens and blues into endless, writhing darkness could never leave his mind) but it was certainly the first. It had terrified him — like it had terrified everyone — and when the blood-and-bone woke from his unconsciousness he was not in the same Beqanna as before.

But they had recovered, as they always have. Families found one another (at least most of them did; his own often chose to hide in the cobwebbed corners) and leaders rose from among the rubble to mark borders of new kingdoms. The Amazons were quick to establish a home for themselves, though under a different name. It’s taken the Brotherhood longer to build up from the wreckage, but they’ve finally — recently — done it.

But they need more Brothers (whether female or male) and so Takei finds himself reluctantly heading toward the Field. He’s no diplomat but if there are any loners who might bring support and protection to Ischia it could be worth the risk. The blood-and-bone has never had a way with words, but perhaps someone will see past his blunt language and find the protective, easy-going Brother that lies past his mouth.

A chilly autumn wind curls around his dark oryx horns as his hazel eyes search the Field. The breeze is bitter on his skin in comparison to Ischia’s eternally-warm temperatures, but Takei finds he enjoys the sting. When winter rolls around he might not be so keen on the snowdrifts and icy trails, but for now the stallion finds himself shaking his shoulders in relaxation against the unfriendly currents.

A young stallion catches Takei’s eye. Giving his head a rough shake to clear his mind from thoughts of — dare he say it? — anxiety, the blood-and-bone approaches. There’s a polite, albeit warm, smile on the edges of his mouth. “Refreshing day, wouldn’t you say?” He mentally bites his tongue, feeling how stiff the words sound coming out of his non-political mouth. “I’m Takei, from the Brotherhood of Ischia.”
watch the mind run far away, way ahead of us

@[Viserion]

RE: i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - Viserion - 04-25-2018

The frigid autumn air is somewhat of a comfort to the boy. He grew up in the Tundra, believing that only the bravest and strongest that could withstand the cold of the Tundra could belong there. Little did he know at the time that it involved much more than that. A child’s mind, such as his, is fragile, but he has grown to understand more than just simple things in life. He knows much more than perhaps is given for his age, but he has always been a seeker for answers and knowledge.

Viserion catches the scent of the other young stallion on the drift of the low chilly wind. He turns his honey-hazel gaze towards the other male, noting his rather polite and warm smile. It is the smile of a diplomat no doubt. The boy remembers well his father had pledge himself to the diplomacy of the ice kingdom, and had learn several diplomatic tactics. Rigdon had clearly set out to prepare his son to be a life-long kingdom dweller. With no doubt it was in their lineage to do so—even his aunt Emelia had given her piece of advice on matters at time, though she had never outspoken them at the time due to her current stance in a kingdom as she was not considered an equal at the time.

He allows a smile, polite—almost mirrored as the others—and welcoming to the chestnut tobiano. “It is a nice day, no doubt.” It was a new day. In fact, it was the dawn of a new beginning for him. Waking up from his long slumber allowed him for the first time to take in the new world around him. There is excitement in his bones and hunger for exploring and seeking knowledge of that Beqanna has to offer him.

The other stallion introduces himself, but where Takei is from draws a surprised reaction from him. “The brotherhood?” He sounds puzzled by the words from Takei. Viserion had not planned on finding answers to his questions so quickly, but the world had a funny way of lining up everything for him so far. Perhaps it simply was fat, but he does not object to such things when it is within his favor. “Is this the same brotherhood that once lived in the Tundra?” He doesn’t care to explain what the Tundra might be—he is unaware of just yet how drastic the world has truly changed.

@[takei]

RE: i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - takei - 05-09-2018

Takei
Takei had been alive during the Brotherhood’s first lifetime in the Tundra, though he had never participated. Even in that time the blood-and-bone spent his days hiding in the more timid corners of Beqanna, chasing seagulls and relaxing in hot springs. He knew of the kingdoms of the Old — the Jungle and the Tundra, the Gates and the Chamber, the Deserts and the Valley, the Falls and the Dale — from the stories and truths his mother would whisper in his childhood.

But he is well into his years of adulthood (not yet under the category of ‘old’ but also not within the bounds of being a child) and so he is quite shocked to hear this young stallion speak of the Tundra so plainly. The glint in the boy’s eyes seems to express how closely he had been with the old Brotherhood, causing Takei’s brow to furrow in mild confusion.

“Yes, we are crafted of the past Tundra Brotherhood, but our creed has been modified. King Brennen leads us.” The words feel pleasant to say on his tongue; they had worked hard to allow Brennen the title of King, though none had worked harder than the bay stallion himself. “If you’re interested, I can take you there and introduce you to him.” Although diplomacy had felt stiff on his tongue as he had entered the Field, Takei finds a comfortable smile to land on his mouth as he finishes his friendly statement.
watch the mind run far away, way ahead of us

@[Viserion]

RE: i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - Viserion - 05-12-2018

The glint within the young dragon boy’s eyes sparkles even more as the blood-and-bone stallion speaks about the brotherhood. After the Reckoning had come, Viserion had felt he would never see or hear anything about his family. He had only concluded after searching for months that they were dead. Now knowing something close to his once so-called family is alive and well only brings warmth and happiness to his heart.

But it seems that this meeting gets better and better when Takei speaks about the currently ruling king. He knows the name—the stories of the brother and skill of battle he has are something you never forget. He cannot help but smile now at everything that is happening—how sweet and lucky he fells is unexplainable.

“The Tundra was my birth home before the Reckoning came. I do not know anything else but the brotherhood,” he says, offering him an explanation of why he feels the way he does now. “I would very much like to come with you, Takei,” he says agreeing to the oryx horned chestnut tobiano. How could he not accept such an offer? He was sure he would find a place for himself easily among new and possibly old faces.

@[takei] Perhaps start a new thread in Ischia? Smile