Beqanna
Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Lands (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+----- Forum: Loess (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+------ Forum: Sylva (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+------ Thread: Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael (/showthread.php?tid=19697)

Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Hiroto - 06-05-2018

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid."
Like a shadow he follows her behind closely. The distance between them is a little larger than that, he is as far away from her side as she allows him to be. He prefers it to stay out of her line of sight, hoping that she would forget about him, even if it only would be for a short moment. Hiroto has not chosen to be her shadow, but she leaves him no choice.

Behind the canopy of the autumn colored tree leaves the sun stands low in the sky. Dusk would soon be upon them, and in the wake of the sun the moon would rise. Hiroto had never been more grateful for the soon coming darkness, which allows him to finally get some rest. His Goddess knows he needs it.

His body is sore, muscles hurting, wounds torn open and bleeding again. But nothing is worse than the pain his bruised ribs cause him when he pants to catch his breath, or the pain that keeps him from using his left foreleg. Upon landing in Beqanna it had not fully been broken, but under an ex-ray his bones would show fine fragments. It’s a wonder Hiroto is standing in the first place.

However, if it’s up to him, he wouldn’t be much longer. His pale muzzle is lowered to the ground, slowly gathering a bunch of dried leaves to make a makeshift nest. If possible, the little fox would’ve shifted, preferring his ‘true’ form over his equine one, but he is painfully aware that he is in a too weak state to make it fully through the transformation, and thus he is stuck like this.

@[Astarael]

RE: Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Astarael - 06-06-2018

Astarael
herald of death

Fortune had smiled upon her when she’d stumbled upon the pale stallion. Fallen from the heavens, barely alive and nearly broken, she had taken advantage of his unintentional intrusion upon her kingdom. Weakened and Disoriented he had been easily manipulated by the effects of her aura. It didn’t take long for her to sense that he craved a life of servitude and he’d hardly issued a complaint when she’d made his position by her side painfully obvious.

“Hush, my pet,” she had crooned, almost affectionately as he fought to understand his surroundings. “You have nothing to fear so long as you do exactly as you’re told.”

He had crumbled beneath the slightest of touches from her aura, trembling pathetically as it raked across his skin in it’s demanding search to sate its hunger. The sheer depth of his terror had been delicious. Even then, however, she had sensed a usefulness in him. Altogether, conquering him had been almost too easy.

From behind her the sound of his stumbling reminded her of just how broken and pathetic he really was. Occasionally he would mutter about some goddess under his breath. In time he would come to see her as his goddess – a goddess of darkness. Spinning around she looked upon him as he hobbled clumsily about, blood dripping from various different wounds inflicted upon his sudden descent into their world. She smiled.

“I am your goddess now,” she told him as she inched closer, her aura growing stronger with every step. “So long as you do not cross me, you will be allowed to continue. Should you disobey me,” she paused, the tip of her pointed wing digging threateningly into one of his many bleeding wounds. “Believe me when I say that you will not find me nearly as merciful as the last goddess you served.”

Darling, you have no idea what's possible...

@[Hiroto]

RE: Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Hiroto - 06-11-2018

About one thing she is right. His world now does center around her. Not out of devotion, but sprouted out of fear. Hiroto had been most vulnerable when she found him. Back then he hadn’t been able to get up, not until the black demon had come along. Her aura of fear had pushed an amount of adrenaline into his system that would make every wounded horse stand up, the instinct to flee stronger than anything else.

Of course, it had been of no use. Before he had even thought of running, she had already made very clear that doing so would lead him to a fate that was even worse than the one he would meet when he surrendered. In his weakened, broken and disoriented state it had been the only option.

And underneath that all, there lies his desire to belong. Back then he was not ready to admit it – he still is not yet ready – but having not known any other life, Hiroto is prone to shine as part of something.

Her words have startled him. Enough to make him flinch and drop his pale head towards the ground, honey eyes only meeting the pools of hell that are hers before casting his gaze down again. He chokes on his breath as she draws nearer, her aura growing impossible larger. It makes Hiroto cower, trying to make himself as small as possible as his entire pale golden and red frame is trembling. He is not able to find his voice, and thus settles for the best next option: shaking his head as to tell her he wouldn’t cross her. How could he? Her aura made it look like crossing her was the worst thing he could do in his life, ever.

A soft cry leaves his lips, and red blood soon trails down his pale coat in high contrast. He is soon to bite back the sound, his ears pressed back against his neck in distress. The physically ‘touch’ is enough to make him speak up. “I won’t” he stutters out, pleading, shaking his head as he searches her gaze desperately, only to find he is not able to hold it once he does.

Hiroto is simply too weak to fight her. Her aura, and his current state, are enough to force him into following her blindly. 

For now.

@[Astarael]

RE: Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Astarael - 06-18-2018

Astarael
herald of death

He was weak. Unsure and powerless to fight off her influence. The rusty scent of his freshly drawn blood sent ripples of pleasure through her. She delighted in the trembling of him beneath the point of her touch. Satisfied by his forced agreement she pulled away from him, her eyes still hard as they continued to search him for any sign of anything useful. Unlike others throughout Beqanna, she did not shy away at the idea of keeping a slave. She found they often times had their uses and she was eager to utilize hers for all that he was worth. Hiroto was only the first of many.

Its fortunate, really, she intoned, her voice shifting back to one of innocent sweetness disturbingly flawlessly. That you would be found by me. Though there are many in these woods, I am able to offer your life purpose once more. A means to continue.

She leaned in close and planted a kiss upon his bloodied brow, an almost motherly gesture. Licking away the sticky residue of his blood upon her lips she cocked her head thoughtfully.

Coincidentally, I have a task that I’ve been meaning to accomplish for some time, her eyes twinkled mischievously. How funny that you should arrive just in time to help me! She paused, eager to see his reaction.

@[Hiroto] Kept it short for ya! <3

RE: Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Hiroto - 06-19-2018

Her aura is the most horrible thing he has ever experienced. Or, that is what his heart tells him, as he cowers from her. Like this, with Hiroto making himself as small as possible while standing, she towers over him. His mind knows that nothing compares to the loss of his Goddess, and he mourns his loss, but it is a battle his mind does not win, as his heart is being manipulated.

In all really, he probably would’ve followed her along if she had just asked him to. His fall into this realm had broken him, both physical and mentally, and he would’ve fallen into her trap just as easily. Except, perhaps, he might had been much more likely to rebel.

Now the pale cremello only drops his head further, stilling completely as her wing’s claw digs further into his flesh. Pulling away would be fruitless and foolish. He does neither deny, nor confirm her words, keeping his honeyed gaze down as he submits to her. Hiroto, too, allows her to kiss and lick his brow, his head slightly tilting into the touch that has his fluffy ears twitching. He would take the small act of kindness, even if it was fake.

“H-how.. How can I serve.. You’re majesty?” His voice is soft and hoarse, he even has to start over as his voice fails him the first time he tried to answer. He does not have a choice, knowing damn well when, and when not, to actually use his voice. Even if he dreads the answer.

@[Astarael] Thanks love <3

RE: Bravery is being the only one who knows you are afraid - Astarael - Astarael - 07-08-2018

Astarael
herald of death

He is putty in the grip of her aura. Cowering away from her influence, the wickedness of her smile washed over him as she slowly inched closer. She relished in the sight of his already battered body and she knew he was too weak to fight off her influence. He is mourning, she sees it in his eyes as he watches her every move. The darkness is too powerful, and she knows all too well that he will soon lose all hope within the tightness of it’s grasp.

She knew him well. They were all the same, craving subjugation – desiring submission like the lost touch of a lover. He would have found her regardless, groveling hungrily at her feet. But where was the fun in that? Stumbling over his words, she acknowledges his readiness to serve. She tilted her head, her smile fades and is replaced by a deepening frown.

There is one that I should like to – check up on, she began without much hesitation. Her father’s spawn was numerous, but only a few had managed to gain her interest. One in particular had been seen hovering above, traveling to and fro. He goes by the name of Belgaer. Find him. I require the names of everyone he meets, regardless of their perceived importance.

@[Hiroto] I am so sorry that this got lost! So, lets just say that Hiro goes off to stalk Bel. Finds him chatting with @[wound] and then relays that info to Ast, which leads to her capture and torture? @[Kuna], let me know if that works for you timeline wise. ?