Beqanna
KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT {ALL} - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Lands (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+----- Forum: Loess (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+----- Thread: KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT {ALL} (/showthread.php?tid=19786)

KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT {ALL} - Arthas - 06-17-2018

Arthas

He had been a busy man, it was no secret. Finding Arthas in Loess was rare, yes he was busy trying to build Loess. But there was plenty on his mind, the fact that he let Lepis down and gave her to the wolves he never imagined would attack. He could barely look at her, and then there was the hope he would bare a son this season, alas that fell through. He had plenty on his mind, but today he needed to gather the kingdom, there was plenty to discuss.

He gathered at the top of a small hill and bellowed a whinny for all to hear. He stood for a few moments and waited for the kingdom members to gather. Behind him stood Wolfbane, the yellow and blue stallion that Arthas took  liking to, the one he personally watched over. It may be confusing at first for some, but they would understand in the next few moments.

He looks down at the others as they stood waiting Loess, I have some bitter sweet news to announce.  
He looks back to Bane before slowly turning his gaze back to the kingdom I was hoping for a colt of my own this season but since that fell through. He pauses, his cold gaze slowly scans over Despayr I am announcing Wolfbane as my Heir. He listens to the grumbles of the crowd but with the flick of his ears he demands silence It is no secret my presence has been slim recently, if you cannot find me, seek out Woflbane. He takes one lasts deep breath before speaking again You can expect his rule sooner than later. he slipped his the announcement of his retirement as king, his gaze turns to Wolfbane and he dips his head to him, the kingdoms ears were on him now.

Dangerous Business

OOC: Basically life has gotten crazy, and I do not have time to rule. @[Wolfbane] is going to be the new king as it makes most IC sense. I will still be around but just occasionally, please post IC or out.

RE: KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT {ALL} - Despayr - 06-18-2018

I have just returned to present my "gifts" to my King and I do not need search long.  His deep call rings forth to my ears and my head tilts in concern.  With a stiff gait I herd the foals onward and come to gather with the others.  As I arrive, his cold gaze finds me in disappointment.  My head lowers as I attempt to blend with the crowd.  Backing out and weaving through various bodies.  I need to get out of here.  I needed my ocean to save me once again.  No one would miss me.  Not here.  Not now.

This is her disappearing back into the ocean.  It just doesn't make IC sense for her to stick around any more.  @[Nicole] I guess if we want we could breed them as an oopsie baby otherwise just not and she just goes away and I kill her some other time.  No biggie either way Smile

RE: KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT {ALL} - Lepis - 06-19-2018

When he summons us I respond without hesitation, leaving behind the protection of my thicket in the hills. The autumn wind has begun to leech away the heat of summer, and I tuck my left wing more tightly to my side. The right wing still droops, and the edges of my golden pinfeathers have grown dusty by the time I reach the heart of the kingdom. Arthas stands atop the hill from which Loess is governed, and for a moment I remember standing there beside him.

The memory causes discomfort, and so I distract myself by looking at the stallion behind him. I do not recognize the striped male, but given my absence and now seclusion that is to be expected.

When Arthas begins to speak I look back at the dappled king, curious what this news he has for us might be. The words are like a like ice, piercing and sharp, settling unmelted in the center of my chest. I follow the stallion's gaze to the pretty roan mare beside me, who stands there for only a moment under his gaze before she slips away. So that was the woman who had warmed his bed his bed in my absence. Or at least one who had failed to bear him a son. I should not feel pleased by that (she is clearly hurt and Arthas unhappy), yet there is a bitter satisfaction in her failure. My Arthas might have taken a lover while I was being fed to the wolves, but she is no longer in favor.

Perhaps he will have need of me after all. For all the shattered bones and puckered scars that have resulted from my time in Sylva, I am not entirely useless. I am still capable of carrying a child, after all, and perhaps a son and heir for Arthas. I try to catch his gaze, but the grey monarch turns quickly back to Wolfbane, and I cannot offer a promise with my eyes. The king seems resigned, already instructing us to seek Wolfbane for kingdom matters.

I take another look at the unfamiliar stallion. Am I to be given to him as well? He is a striking creature, boldly marked with an oddly upright mane and a pair of unbroken wings. Those I gaze at longingly for a moment, before catching myself. I do not have anything to say, I realize. How different from my position in Loess before. From a Queen to a commoner; I suddenly understand I have no rank at all.

RE: KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT {ALL} - Wolfbane - 06-19-2018

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

From where he stands behind Arthas, Wolfbane can see all that occurs. He watches as only two filter slowly in, Loess and her hills giving up the residents he’d thus far hadn’t even known existed. “We’re a quiet group,” The fresh stallion thinks, listening intently to Arthas speak while his eyes flick between the two mares that join, “but not altogether useless.”

Even when the stout grey turns to give him an encouraging look, Bane feels the pressure of a mountain’s worth of responsibility settle onto his shoulders. He’d never dreamed that leaving Tephra would result in a catalyst event such as this - and when Despayr tucks tail to leave without so much as a word, he suspects that no one else had thought this would happen either - but it’s happening all the same.

You can expect his rule sooner than later, his mentor orders, and only then do Bane’s intrepid olive eyes turn to look at his once king. There’s nothing but a proud, affectionate smile in place for Arthas, and when he steps forward to take that place on the raised dais of earth, Wolfbane gives Lepis a similarly encouraging look. “I assure you two things.” Bane speaks, his voice suddenly robust with fresh excitement.

“One, that Loess will always be a home to those who want it. Two, that if you join me in taking our kingdom to new heights, you’ll find yourself doubly rewarded.” The dual-colored stallion states, allowing his gaze to settle briefly on Lepis’ mangled wing. Their new leader inhales once, allowing for the pause to grow, and then he speaks with a final decree. “Things will change for the better. Lepis, please speak me when you feel comfortable - I’d like very much to have you here and serving a higher purpose.”

With the tilt of his head, he then turns back to Arthas, the stallion who’d made him up to be a man of worth and vigor. “I’d be honored if you would stay on as my interim Champion, Arthas. Loess still needs you, and I certainly still need you.” He grins.

It was done, then. So simply and so quietly, and still they have no idea how much the boy from Tephra wanted to make these hills and her steaming pools as respected and known as the greater kingdoms. “Soon enough.” He thinks, a silent promise to them all.

WOLFBANE

@[Lepis] @[Arthas]

--Changes coming VERY soon everyone! I'm hoping to get Loess up and running quicker than you can imagine. I'll be trying out some new ideas as far as ranks and how this Kingdom will function, and I truly think you'll all like it very much <3
Yay to new things and thank you so much Nicole for giving me this chance Smile