Beqanna
Vulgaris; - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (http://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Live (http://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Loess (http://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: Vulgaris; (/showthread.php?tid=21091)

Vulgaris; - Shiya - 10-08-2018

Shiya
Shiya’s eyes tear open, her lungs desperately gasp for air. She is awake and alive, her body no longer submerged in the dark depths of the ocean. Although she aches (gaping wounds still continue to slightly drain from each shoulder) from where the world split her flesh, at least she is back on land. Rivulets of her blood streamed from her body into the cancerous soul of Pangea. There had been a few minutes that she thought herself dead; once, she thought death’s icy hand was clutching her throat, but it had been a dream. It had been the only illusion because everything else was entirely real. The pain, the suffering, the fear.

All of it.

The edge of hot air burns her lungs, the summer so heavily contrasted to the frigid ocean depths. As her heart panics against her chest Shiya tries to realize that she isn’t suffocating, that she no longer needs water to breathe. It takes a few moments as her eyes dart back and forth among the towering trees. ”Home,” she whispers, her voice a painful rasp. Although she truly has no home, she is at least rooted to the ground and no longer drawn to a gangrenous heart below the tide. Here is at least a place she can survive and live.

But her mind doesn’t immediately revert to her personal necessities. Shiya instead allows her thoughts to roam and return to Vulgaris. Was it truly him on the ocean floor, disintegrated and lethal? Was it truly him that she had no other option than to kill? The look in his eyes were lethal, hungry, and she desperately tried to elude him, but he reached for her throat. There had been no other choice. The memory of it stabs and twists into her heart, drawing a tear from her slit eyes as they peer up to the sky. Knowing only one way to confirm, Shiya rises to her feet and retreats to Loess.

She wants – no, needs – confirmation that he is alive or dead. Wasn’t it only days ago that she cradled against his side, pressing her scales to his own and resting sweet kisses along his jawline? With her heart in her throat, Shiya follows what she presumes to be the strongest trail of his scent, hounding him until her eyes blink to see him. Pressing onward with swift desperation, she reaches him but hesitates to touch. ”Are you really here?” It would be a confusing question, but the concern in her eyes laces into the trembling of her voice. ”I thought you were dead. I thought I—“ she doesn’t want to say it, hoping the silence of it would make it all a lie. She didn’t murder him, right? He is here, standing in front of her, right?

With panting breaths, she wistfully groans, ”Hold me, and never let me go.”

For you, I'd give my last breath

@[vulgaris]

RE: Vulgaris; - vulgaris - 10-08-2018

Vulgaris
He wanders along the usual trail that marks the border of Loess with a sort of idle hum in his throat to pass the time. The summer heat is relentless on his back and the glimmering scales brushed across his body. But then there is an unfamiliar sound and his ears twist to catch the noise as she approaches, scrambling to be near him. His eyes roam across the new wounds weeping on her shoulders. They are each marked there, though his are the claw marks of an angry pet protecting her queen while hers are the salve for a woeful heart. Always, they are mirrors of one another.

His head tilts when she speaks. Dead? Him? His skin shivers at the thought but he draws closer to her all the same until her body meets his in a perfect embrace. Serpent sister, she is the awful reflection of everything he is not. She smells of salt and forgotten depths of some abyss he’d rather not explore if he can help it. Still, he doesn’t retreat from the cold chill of her skin despite the danger her presence brings him in Loess.

If Leliana were to see or if Adna were to hear…

But she is weak and he cannot leave her when she needs him most. His lips trail across her cheek and he tastes the sea on her skin. That sick want comes burning through him, sending his touch across her neck now as he explores her like he’s never discovered the curves of her body before. Why does he love her more when she’s so sick and vulnerable? What is it about him that craves her when she cannot deny him? (But she would never, he knows. She would sacrifice everything if he only asked. How awful to wield such power.)

I’m here,” he says, muffled against the edge where her shoulders begin. “I’m right here.

He feels her pulse beating wildly just beneath her skin and he dreams of what it would be like to just give in. If he bit down, would she bite back or would she just let him take it all from her? Vulgaris touches his teeth to her neck in an embrace only she would understand but he doesn’t follow through. This is the penultimate of trust. They could tear each other apart but whatever it is they have keeps them muzzled and content.

I see you.
" ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
@[Shiya]

RE: Vulgaris; - Shiya - 10-08-2018

Shiya
Vulgaris succumbs to exactly what she wanted, holding her as he always has. It eases her pattering heart and gentles her labored breaths. He is here, he reassures, and she feebly whimpers into the groove where his neck meets his shoulder. To see him as he was under the ocean’s surface had been terrifying and so realistic. She stretched herself somehow and coiled around him until his vertebrae snapped. Would it be so easy to break him like that? Her hot breath fans across his scales, her fangs forebodingly pressed against him before she conceals them and concludes how difficult it would be. That wasn’t him underwater roaming Pangea’s cancerous hills and cliffs.

It was all an illusion.

Having experienced the nightmare and the turmoil that poisoned her mind confirmed what has always been on the outskirts of her mind (and heart). Life wouldn’t be worth it without him; it would be a torturous. Her meek heart would crumble into a million pieces and joy would never find her again. Darkness would remain a looming cloud until her final breath.

With that conclusion, Shiya realizes how desperately she must hold onto him, how pinnacle he is to her survival.

A jagged smile lifts the corners of her mouth as he traces down her neck, their bodies melting into one as the world sees fit. This, this is beauty and perfection. This is what their lives should consist of – their passionate and eternal love. And the other women on his skin? They are scum. They are hindrances to their happiness. Wiggling comfortably in his grasp, Shiya sweeps her emerald eyes across him. ”You’re mine,” she whispers with rising vehemence, ”and I’m yours.” The edge in her voice is new, brimming with a passionate need found in the depths of the ocean.

And then, as she drinks in the most potent scent of a woman, she hisses, ”I refuse to lose you again.”

For you, I'd give my last breath

@[vulgaris]

Sorry this is so obnoxiously fast lmao

RE: Vulgaris; - vulgaris - 10-11-2018

Vulgaris
Even in his worst nightmares, he never hurts the ones he loves. Vulgaris doesn’t have even the slightest clue what sounds her bones would make if he squeezed her too tight or what her blood might taste like. These are things that have never crossed his mind even when the hunger was too much for him to bear. He doesn’t know the terrors she faced beneath the ocean surface or why she’s come to him crying so hard but he holds her close all the same. All he needs to know is that she needs him right now.

He listens when her words are coated in venom and forged in the heat of some unspoken anger. There’s a sinking feeling in the depths of his stomach. If Shiya tried to harm Leliana, what would he do? Would he have to know the sounds of their bones breaking? For a second, his breathing shutters, and he realizes what a hell he’s built for all of them. He leans his head against hers and sighs into her warming skin.

Shiya,” he says weakly as he kisses the curve of her jaw. “I want everything. I am greedy and I will take it all.

His teeth trace the muscles of her neck and they grit across the scales adorning her skin like his. He’s always tried so hard to be honest with her and this time is no different. Vulgaris has a heart that seeks only to consume and collect rather than cherish a single woman in his life and he knows it. He is a slave to it.

I love you, I love you a hundred times. But I will always be so hungry.

Larva used to tell him of the mistakes he made in an effort to teach the young serpent. Maybe he thought his stories would make Vulgaris a kind of redemption. Maybe he wanted to break the awful cycle his forefathers had crafted. But his words fell on deaf ears and the son repeats the sins of the father, on and on, amen.

He presses his lips to hers and dreads the days to come.
He dreads the weight of all this greed.
" ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
@[Shiya]