• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

any » i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran
    Aditi
    i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran

She is free of her children now, her buckskin belly no longer sways heavily as she moves. Sylva's Listener is pleased for the opportunity to roam without the added weight and has opted to leave her twins in the golden forest while she completes Gryffen's assignment for the day. Aditi is curious of what he has planned for their get-together. She has no doubt, though, that it will be spectacular. The speckled mare has visited Nerine once before, under the invite of Heartfire, but had set a different course for herself soon after. She had still enjoyed her short time cliff-side, and Nayl had been a force to be reckoned with, but the ocean hadn't been for her.

The salty sea air waves warmly across her, bringing the scent of brine to her flaring nostrils. She knows to stop now, just along the border of Nayl's territory, before she is considered an intruder. She calls loudly into the summer wind and then waits patiently for the Nerinians to come. Her thoughts drift back to the children, to the way they'd grown so close, and she aches to think of the third child who hadn't survived in her womb.

When movement finally catches her eyes, the nez perce draws her thoughts back to the present and gives a decent enough smile to her welcome wagon.

"Hello," she purrs softly, "I come as a messenger for Sylva."
    It seemed that nothing ever happened in this place. Or, at least if you were younger nothing happened. He had interacted a few times with a few of the horses that called this place home but, then they seemed to just slink back into the darkened crags and caves of the coastal land. Ardashir had not even seen his own mother in some time. The pale boy stood in a green meadow just enjoying some sunlight and browsing with his muzzle to the ground. The calls of the sea birds a fair way off. He did not venture down the beaches as much as he had when he was a year younger.

Ardashir was still maturing into stallionhood but, he was taller now and his roman nose denoted some of his ancestry. He was still all length in some places and had not filled out in muscle just yet.The 2 year old swung his tail a moment encouraging a few flying critters to move on. His pelt twitched as others or maybe the same ones landed other places. He had taken a walk about over to the forest at one point meeting a filly when he visited. He had come back home after feeling at least a bit more stimulated.

He made no attempt to play the adult when he was still clearly a child and kept out of adult affairs. He had stumbled into them before though and with another swing of his tail and a toss of his head he put those embarrassing thoughts into the back of his head to be locked away. The sound of hooves makes his ears twitch and his head raise. Oh, boy..another one.. He just had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    It was a mare this time and she was alone at least for now. Ard looked around him a moment as she spoke saying hello and where she was from. The young stallion waited and watched seeing if anyone would step up to surprise him.

Ardashir sighed and stepped forward making sure to place his body in a diagonal standing position to her. A position that used to tell another I am not trying to dominate you I am listening and waiting. He offered his own greeting to the new comer silvery voice slipping through his pink lips, “ Welcome to Nerine. I am sorry that I am the only one to welcome you. And, if it is not my company you seek I can move along.” He had not known he was so close to the border of the lands but, his wondering these days took him many places.
    Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..
    Aditi

The creature who has come forth to greet her is no diplomat, no guard, no Queen. Aditi smirks, but only for a quick moment, as the nearly-white colt steps forward to offer his greetings and his apology. The speckled nez perce listens intently, her ears flicking this way and that as his statement comes to a close; her smirk has hidden itself behind a genuine looking smile and she shakes her head at his statement. "No, darling, there's no need for you to leave." Her dark brown eyes watch him with intrigue. The last she had known, Nerine was the land of Amazons, or some faction of that sort. Perhaps the two-year-old colt is set to leave at the turn of his third birthday, coaxed into the world beyond his birthplace.

A potential recruit for Gryffen.

"Actually, I'm here to relay an invitation. A very important one, that should be passed on to Queen Nayl. Surely, you are just the man for the job?" Aditi's question is innocent enough and she waits patiently for the white colt to gift her with his response. When finally he does, she drops her head politely and flicks her dark forelock from her eyes.

"Sylva will be hosting a soiree, of sorts. A celebration for the turn of the season. All grudges, bad blood, and animosity will be forgotten for Autumn's first week, and we certainly hope to see Nerinian ambassadors mingling in the crowd. Tell Nayl to think of it as a networking event, if you will," she smiles at the young colt before making like she is considering another thought. The silence is short, but effective, as it hangs in the air. "And should I expect you there, sir...?" Aditi trails off, hoping the boy will offer his name.

@[Ardashir]
    She had at least told him that he did not need to leave so that was a win for the moment. His ears flicked around listening for the sounds of others coming. Ardashir decided though at this point he would just stick it out if they did come. He was not going to run or be pushed out of this conversation. The mare looked him over and seeming satisfied she continued. Ard would nod his head.

“ I can take a message yes. As, it would seem I am the only one around. At least at this moment.” A small smile crept to the edges of his mouth. He felt important for now and at least able to help out his home. He was a bit surprised to hear the word ‘Queen’ come up. He had not known that Nayl was a queen. He knew she led this place but a queen sounded so much more official and of course full of expected respect.

He listened to her speak about a Soiree for those of the ambassador class. The world seemed full of meetings and what was the word she had used again? Soirees something that was very new to him but, perked his interest. His ears swung forward on her open ended question asking if he would be there and the hanging there as she was waiting for a name. “ I am Ardashir and I will only be there if I am invited.”

He tossed his head a moment, “ Ok so the message is. Nayl and her ambassadors are invited to a soiree in the first week of autumn. The animosity of years past will be forgotten. To think of it as a networking event.” He said it back to her just to make sure that he had got the details correct. He said ito to himself a few more times in his own head. The pale young male nodded his head as he repeated it to memory. “ Thank you for traveling to our kingdom with this message. I will pass it along. And, if I may” he lowered his head in a bow, “ Who is it that has delivered this message?” It was his turn to leave an open end to the conversation.
    Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..
    Aditi

She is pleased with his willingness to assist, and even more pleased when he mentions that he is the only one around at the moment. Pity, really, that the cliff side territory does not bustle as it once had. He gifts her his name and she tucks it away for her conversation with Gryffen and then twitches her ears as the white colt repeats her message back to her, taking the importance of her message in obvious stride.

"Perfect," she coos when he has finished with his synopsis, pivoting her speckled frame to take her leave of Nerine. "My name is Aditi," she calls back over her shoulder as she goes, and then leaves him with one more message: "And you can take this as your personal invite."

@[Ardashir] ♥ Oof, sorry for how short, the party is about to start Wink