• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [challenge] LEWANA
    I like your spunk, girl. 

Roleplay-style, though if you're in the mood for something brief I won't be against using stats alone [Image: wink.png]
    If you lose, you must secure a meeting between myself, you, and the renowned beauty, Queen Isobell. If I lose, I'll play captive for 3 Beqanna months (two RL weeks) as my demand doesn't require your captivity at all. Sound fair?
    You'll be going first
    Standard thread length if you choose roleplay-style (no longer than 3 posts)

Traits required

Stats
    15'0"
    Anglo-Arabian hybrid
    Wolf Shifting
    White Fire Manipulation

Battle Stats
    strength: 8
    speed: 4
    agility: 5
    intuition: 2
    accuracy: 3
    experience: 1.75
    [Image: sScEgld.png]
    Challenge Accepted. 

Stats:
    14.2"
    Hybrid - Short, and stout similar pony like build but more sporty
    Leopon Shifting

Battle Stats:
    strength: 7
    speed: 7
    agility: 5
    intuition: 5
    accuracy: 3
    experience: 1

Lewana

When she is drawn to the battle field one thing is on her mind, who in the hell has called her here? She doesn't know of many that would decide to take on the crazed concoction of lion and leopard, and it isn't often that her name ould ever come to mind being as elusive as she is by nature. But as she reaches the blood soaked earth,  dust rising up with every step of her inky appendages, dead grass litters the ground in small patches, as trees dot the azure horizon, it is mid day now, the sun towers overhead as goes forth. The red clay upon the earth, begins to stain her hooves a deep crimson, as she meets the iridescent stag face to face. Her pupils flickering and out, as her primal state of the leopon manages to take one good look at him as her eyes shift into bright verdant contracted irises.

"You've got my attention." She responds, her gaze dancing wickedly with curiosity, he was no seabird in Nerine, he was a real challenge. He was something she could sink her claws into, finally some real prey. It doesn't take long for her primal urge to take over, she shifts inky boy becoming speckled in variations, until she stands before him in all of her glory, a true predator.... But she could sense that he had something as well up his sleeve, for she was in the presence of another who shared a similar ability.

Her instincts, lead her in her first goal, get him to show her his weakness, so the cat must play with her mouse. She begins to circle, body lowered in a moderate crouch, as her claws begin to slowly unsheathe with every increasing step until her ivory talons are at their peak, she extends her body implying a false lunge at him, dust flying in her wake as her body pulls back into the cloud, sinking her claws into the blood riddled earth for a moderate grip. She pulls away, retreating with a quick movement, her gaze flickering watching his movements, as she quickly snakes towards him, and with her left side, she takes a swing at him with her claws. She aims poorly, despite what she had previously devised, her claws flying towards his right shoulder, and with a small leap her paw meets his skin, yanking her forearm back quickly, taking a rather speedy and unorganized swipe at him. And retracting backwards, kicking up dust blinding her view of him.

Her velvet whiskered lips pucker up in a snarl, revealing pearly white canines, her body now dusted with red from scuttling about on the dry terrain. She remains crouched, her heart thundering in her chest. 

This was her first challenge in moons, and while she was up for it, the mighty feline began to grow worrisome that she maybe rusty in her technique, but there was no way in hell that she was gonna back down.

Baby, this is not wonderland.

Please forgive me for the grossness this is my first ever challenge <3

LONGCLAW

-I close my eyes, ignore the smoke-

Longclaw being here is just as much a surprise for him as it is for her. The warg prefers to test his abilities against those who could teach and benefit in return, but currently he’s exhausted those options. He thinks, (maybe) that this will garner the attention of the cliffside kingdom - his birth home - because he wants there to be the possibility of an open door between the far-reaching lands. Besides, his demands were lacking in any serious offense and Lewana had agreed to them; hence why she was here and raking curious, slitted eyes over his face while she sizes him up.

He says nothing in reply, merely nods and shifts his weight to balance it equally while she begins her shift. He uses the moment of her transformation to simply watch - watch where she’ll go, keep her at his front, and (of course) to gather his pale fire. Claw admires her second skin, (he has newfound appreciation for the shape of a cat) but he won’t sink to that level yet. He’s determined to wear her out and make her dance first, and Lewana seems eager to circle and prep.

His legs twist over themselves, the hard-packed clay beginning to rise in a thin, filmy cloud as he tries to keep pace with her slinking crouch. The black she-cat jerks and he falls to the trap, slamming both forehooves suddenly down to brace for a lunge that will never come. In this sense, her vital move works: he’s caught off guard and unable to twist again rapidly to meet her attack as it comes flying with claws at the ready. But he’s had his moment to prepare also and that moment is just enough to release the power he’d been shaping in his head.

From his left side, the one she takes a swing at now, the white fire roars to life as a curved, hardened shield. It doesn’t encase him, merely springs up as a defensive counter. It cannot stop the way her attack slices his shimmering skin, all it can do is probably singe her fur, maybe burn her (and he hopes that it does, hopes that she feels the phantom pain while she scuttles away to face him with fangs bared.)

Left shoulder stained red and with a panting sort of determination, Claw finds her as quickly as he can discern her through the haze. Once he does, (right there, she looks to be tilted away from him like a black devil - they face one another but he’s seemingly got a better view of her right side; exposed and his obvious target) he wastes no time in taking a move from Levi’s book. His power surfaces again and Claw uses a bit more strength than necessary to shape it into spear-like spirals, sending two free with more brutality and less accuracy in mind.

Where they’ll strike he can’t say, but if they do meet their target Lewana will be sure to feel them and every ounce of rage he’s put into them.

He exhales with the release and keeps himself steady. Using his gift was enough of a drainer, he needed every bit of reserve strength to finish off this hellcat and gain the upperhand. He won’t move, but he’ll do his best to watch her closely and, if need be, react to her onslaught.

Honestly it was awesome <3 thanks for being game!
    [Image: sScEgld.png]
    Unfortunately I will have to forfeit. Life is just getting much right now, since I have to sell one of my beloved horses in order to move forward in the horse world. Thank you for responding with your lovely words, and I would love to for Lewana to spar with Longclaw in the future, after i get through this. In the next few weeks I will set up the meeting with Isobell. Thank you and I'm so sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Heda • Vecna • Vilja
    @[Lena] Don't even sweat it girl! I'm sorry to hear about your furbaby. If you're super busy like I'm assuming, we can even nix the terms; Longclaw can find his way to Nerine, he's a big kid lol.

Take care of yourself and thanks for the practice Big Grin
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    Default win for Longclaw due to Lewana's forfeit.