• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If a touch is a keep - Voltage

N y x a

Stuck.

This has never been a problem for her. Nyxa has never felt this emotion because, until now, it’s never even been a concept on the shores of her subconscious. The little water filly has always been free to roam where she liked and occasionally, she did so because she simply could. Nothing had ever kept her away though - Hod’s gentle reassurance and constant presence in her life was always the golden thread that kept her clinging to this place.

Hod. This place. Neither of them are the same now.

Nyxa ambles rather unexpectedly along the shoreline. For being the Ocean’s captive, she still can’t manage to keep away from the blasted thing. It calls to her in her dreams, in her soul; now more than ever. The brisk arrival of winter has seen to her coat, thickening out the tawny hairs even though Ischia remains content in her unceasing warm weather. Come summer, Nyxa will be changed: a different color, a different shape, just different. For the first time, this change is fearsome to her.

Her first transition (the one that had given her tough sharkskin and the ability to live in a new world) had brought Maugrim. What would come of her now, if this were to continue as it already seemed to be doing? “They didn’t even think to take me with them.” She comments bitterly, absently. Frustrated as she is, the Ischian girl finds little comfort in anything besides trying to blame someone for her misguidance. If only Circinae had brought her along! This could all have been avoided, every last bit.

But she hadn’t been fit to accompany the wolf mother. Only good enough to remain. “Fuck this place,” she mumbles under her breath and then, “FUCK. THIS. PLAAAACE!” she screams in anguish, letting the sound roll unheard over the tops of the churning whitecaps.

She can’t even gather enough energy to cry, after such an outburst. Instead she turns wistfully away from the sugar-sand beaches, treads instead to the sloping forefront of this place where visitors seem to find their sleepy Island, and it’s there that she stops - hopeful eyes cast silently over the flats. Low tide would be upon them soon; perhaps an answer to her troubles could be found from unknown sources, rather than agonizing with herself internally? 

It’s a simple hope, but it’s all she has.

Every kiss is a door, Can I knock on yours?

@[Voltage] Some adolescent teenage angst for ya, as promised lmao
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

There is my mind, there is my heart.
    The call of the water, of the sea, isn’t unfamiliar to Kylin. It was ever present in her life, a constant in her always changing life. Most of the time she was aware of it, it was the sea that made Ischia so amazing. Sometimes it became so normal, that she momentarily doesn’t notice the gentle call. But every time her legs carried her to the water – either the sea or one of the many ponds – Kylin wholeheartedly embraced it.

Ischia was a great place to live. Plenty to see and discover. She had roamed all over and through Ischia with Kharon for hours and hours. Up to today she still enjoys doing that. The smell of the flower doesn’t tire her, and neither does the sight. It is through the field of flowers she walks, on her way to the trees where Ischia’s parrots held up most of the time.

Kylin can already hear them in the distance. The sound of waves rolling onto the beach is only adding to the peacefulness of the mo-. ”FUCK THIS PLAAAACE!” And like that it’s not so much of a peaceful place and time anymore.

Curious – okay, also partially offended I admit – the lavender and white mare finds her way to the beach. The shout had shut up and scared away the parrots, there would not be nothing to see there now. And secretly Kylin wanted to know who was insulting her beloved Ischia.

She doesn’t know what or who she had expected to find, but surely not the strange fluffy ball that secretly is an amber champagne filly. Nobody on Ischia ever grew a thick fur during winter, simply because the season barely affected the island’s climate. That clearly wasn’t the case for this filly, which green hair was a clear reference to a mare that no longer walked on Ischian shores. Circinae. Had the former keeper left behind a daughter?

That’s rather shocking, especially since Circinae had said that she had come to Ischia to give her family a great home. When she had disappeared, Kylin had sort of forgotten about that. The resemblance of Circinae and the fuzzy appearance of the filly – which made her have to stiff a giggle – almost made her forget about the loud shout. Almost.

”What has the isle done wrong to you?” she asks, voice soft and pleasant. She is interested in the girl, curious too, but she cannot help it but to be a bit huffy. Nevertheless, Kylin is too sweet to let it show to the girl or know. It is simply not in her heart. ”I think Ischia is amazing.”

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

Nyxa hadn’t meant for anyone to be privy to such a private ordeal. However, the moment Kylin slips free of the woodlands - a mythical paragon of beauty herself - and makes her way for the furry daughter of Circinae, Nyxa feels a hot blush of shame settle in her gut. This place wasn’t all that secluded, anymore. It shouldn’t shock her that such a loud wail would carry on the wind.

“Oh ... you heard that?” She fumbles at first, halting when the two have come face-to-face. “Sorry.” The girl mumbles. For a moment she contemplates moving past the lavender woman, or even taking a dip in the sea for a truly concealed scream session, but then (and much to her surprise) she finds her mouth is open and the rush of words she’s not said to anyone other than Hod pours out.

“I didn’t mean Ischia, particularly. I meant this place - Beqanna. It just … sucks so much sometimes, you know?!” She grumbles, wanting the freedom to tear her hair out with rage at the way this world worked. “I feel like so much is happening to me that I don’t understand and there’s literally no one, NO ONE, to help guide me through these changes.” The young mare exasperates.

With a heavy sigh her eyes glance up to catch a better look at the poor creature who’s unwittingly become her confessor. 

Kylin is breathtaking; such a lovely shade of purple! Her eyes are soft and understanding, despite what she may be thinking, and for this Nyxa is instantly grateful. The amber-hued filly has never had a ‘girl-friend’ before. She bets that Kylin has plenty. “Have you ever felt that way …?” Nyxa questions, hoping that this lovely creature will forgive her transgression against Ischia and offer her name.

It was about time she got to know her neighbors.

kylin

Oh yes, she had heard it loud and clear. The subtle curl of her lavender lips doesn’t need to be backed up by a spoken answer. Just a light drop of her head, as if she nods just once. Half the island might have heard the champagne and forest colored filly, but Kylin keeps that to herself. Just as she doesn’t tell her that she doesn’t need to apologize, and instead she accepts it.

They couldn’t have been more different, and yet they are so very alike. ”I.. I have..” is her soft reply. Kylin had felt that way, still felt that way. ”I still do..” she adds in a soft whisper, just loud enough to be heard between them. Though her smile had never faltered, the look in her hazel eyes changes as she gazes at the horizon. Sadness, loneliness. Chance upon chance, and no one to guide her through it.

Slowly her gaze moves back to the filly. Her eyes roam over her young features, then her fuzzy form, and that moment Kylin realises how this girl really is. Sadly enough she can imagine what it feels like. So young, troubled by things that shouldn’t yet face alone. ”It sometimes does.. suck.” Though that wasn’t Kylin’s word, she simply didn’t have anything else to use instead. The smile is all gone from her lips now, though her gaze – hopefully – offers some kind of understanding.

Kylin has ways been much better in expressing herself physically, instead of verbally. But then, she’d only ever had to really express her feelings to someone she really knew. Yet, she is the adult here. So the lavender and white woman steps up to the girl’s side, her muzzle almost casually pressing up to her shoulder. Just to let Nyxa know she wasn’t alone. ”It is like the world keeps changing while you’re stuck in one place.”

Of Hamilton & Yasmine
    Sylva was gone.  Gryffen's version of it, anyway.  The wraith king, for all his boasts and plottings, had turned out to be another failed monarch.  What a shame; the telepath had expected big things from that one.   After due consideration, Voltage had moved on instead of hanging around to see what the new set of rulers made of it.  He'd quickly and easily fallen back into his old lifestyle, drifting physically on the edge of the gathered, endlessly swirling and milling crowds of Meadow and Forest, drifting mentally through said crowds' minds to plunder whatever facts he wished, along with some wisps of thought that he frankly could have done without "hearing". Who would even *want* to do such a thing?  That mare needed therapy.  He wasn't going to be the one to offer it, though.  There were far better uses of his time, especially since his life in the past few months had become quite interesting indeed.  First, all those little morning aches and rainy day complaining joints indicating the slide into late middle age had disappeared.  He now felt like he had in the prime of early stallionhood, and the telepath can only guess some deity had finally decided to recognize his specialness and reward it accordingly.  The second, and much more fun half of this gift was the fact that he now lived up to his name.  Literally.  As he stands upon the islands sands, he triggers it, and his mane and tail spark, hair turning into living electrical currents that cause a glow about his entire body.  He stands motionless, watching the tiny currents travel across his entire  body, currents that would static-shock anyone he wished, until his bout of self-adoration is interrupted by an angry barrage of thoughts, so loud that they screamed in his mind. 

Grumpily, he turns off his private light show.  My my my, some little lady wasn't happy in the slightest.  His quest to track Craven here, in hopes of finding the closest thing he allowed himself to have as a friend, was now a failure, as not even this island that the wolf-shifter's mother ruled...had ruled over, he quickly amends to himself since she did not seem present in the minds of the island folk either, held any mental traces of him.  There was a consolation prize though.....the angry young female was the boy's sister.  He follows the furious shouting a short distance away to her location, where the filly stands with another female, older and lavender-with-white to the filly's green, who is apparently trying to soothe her.  Well, this was awkward.  And likely tiresome to listen to, but he hardly had anything else on his plate right now, did he?  Mentally rolling his eyes as he catches bits of their conversation, the complaining, followed by shocked rebuttals and further complaining, Voltage approaches the pair while privately wondering to himself why he's doing this.   Feigning politeness, he waits until a break in the conversation before speaking.  "Afternoon, ladies.  My name is Voltage.  I'm here looking for a friend of mine, named Crevan.  Perhaps one of you has seen him recently? " And he flashes the two of them a smooth politician's smile, carefully designed to put them at ease.  

V O L T A G E

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

Oh, god, she could breathe again. It came out in a woosh of emotion, following directly on the heels of Kylin’s gentle (yet incredibly reassuring) response. Much like she had with Hod, Nyxa feels an instant connection to the mare - in a world as quickly changing as theirs, the Ischian water filly is desperate to cling to any passing chance at friendship. “Or true love…” She thinks, and for the millionth time Hod’s fresh absence pierces her heart.

The fuzzy champagne girl is close to replying, the words are hovering at the tip of tongue, but she finds she’ll never get the chance; the pair of sea doves are interrupted in their soft cooing by the approach of a total stranger.

A stallion. Long in the legs and still holding a traditional coat color, he takes Crevan’s younger sibling by total surprise. The shock is apparent on her face, she can hardly stifle the urge to jump aside from the intrusive scare, but all the same she holds her ground and twists her narrow head about to take him in. Her heart thunders in her ears. “Don’t answer him.” She finds herself spitting, all former traces of uncertainty wiped clean from her thoughts.

It’d been a long time since she’d heard that name.

With nimble hooves the girl twists to face the Bay male, throwing her evergreen mane into a state of disarray across her eyes with the action. Her ears have long dug themselves into the curve of her neck, a blatant warning against the intruder and his stark questions. Without her knowledge, her body has jerked itself forward to assume the stance of protector. “What business do you have coming here, searching for him?”

Clearly, she’s terrified. The idea that her brother - an animal she’d never even had the pleasure of seeing - would make his way here is enough to set her on edge. “He’s gone, he’s gone, he won’t come for you …” She repeats internally, trying hard to calm her racing nerves. Nyxa still remembers with crystal-like clarity why she’d never met her brother, she can even recall her dam’s face as Circinae said, “He’s not your brother anymore. He’s a Demon.”

Had Crevan slunk free of the shadows, then? Last she heard, the white wraith and his company had long dispersed. So what was Voltage really doing here, then? And why now, of all times?

@[Voltage] @[Kylin]
    kylin

Never had it occurred to the lavender and white woman that there are others feeling just like her. Nobody should be lost and alone, and yet they both find themselves in this unfortunate state. That Nyxa is quite a couple of years younger only makes it worse. This girl is not Kali, but to Kylin cannot help but to feel some kind of friendship and sisterly responsibility.

They don’t get the chance to bond any further, the arrival of a stranger effectively getting in the way. Kylin doesn’t really have good past time experiences with strangers landing on Ischia’s shore, but it is Nyxa’s warning that actually makes her uncomfortable this time. Though a little grumpy, this Voltage doesn’t seem all that bad. He introduces himself and states his business right away, no scheme, no secrets, no hiding. That couldn’t be said about Sabra and Klaudius’ arrival not too long ago.

She watches the younger girl turn and face the stranger herself. If it had been Kharon, or Ivar, she would allow them to take the lead and stay out of it herself. But this is Nyxa. There is no way Kylin can allow the young girl to deal with this on her own. And thus she steps up to Circinae’s daughter’s side.

Nyxa’s tune is a little too hostile for Kylin’s liking, but she doesn’t know neither Voltage or Crevan. Nyxa obviously did, at least one of them, and she doesn’t seem too fond of them. Her muzzle is lightly pressed against Nyxa’s shoulder, then turns to look at the bay stallion. "No-one going by that name resides in Ischia” she tells the stranger, her dished head tilting slightly as she studies him. She would've apologized, but something in Nyxa's almost agressive posture stops her from doing just that.

OOC: This sucks... :/ Please forgive me my crappiness.

@[Calcifer]
    @[Silverbell]