• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever]

A fury of lavender falls from the sky like an astroid.  Pummeling the rocks to dust as his iron hooves crashed into the island.  To say he was angry was an understatement, he was flaming pissed. "How dare she!" He growls.  He had never believed she truly cared to be with him.  It was a convenience and a possible promise of position.  All she had wanted was for him to snatch his sister's crown and place it atop her angelic head.  He wasn't stupid, but for her to conceive his child then walk away out of spite, that was past even him.

As he had landed his wings folded neatly to his heaving barrel.  The exertion of a rapid flight, the added weight of metal he still held, along with his anger caused a thick layer of sweat to cling to his pristine coat.  A vicious shake to his body rids him of any earthy metals and jewels that remained.  Tucking them back into Beqanna until he called upon them again. 

With a deep, meditating breath he exhales slowly.  Calming his nerves almost instantly.  He assures himself this wasn't the last time she'd see him.  He'd come for what was his.  Sabra wouldn't know when or where, but he'd come for his child.  The thought causes a grin to stretch across his face.  Right now he had other relationships to attend to.  

So he settles for walking along the sandy beaches.  The tangle of jungle vines and brush was not to his liking to travel amongst.  Though he appreciates its' beauty from afar.  He hopes to run into another member of the island.  Most, seemingly of his same lineage as they shared similar features and hues.  A once creature of solitude, he was becoming increasingly present within the island. A new found purpose.  A self-appointed duty.  

Long live Ischia

Klaudius
    Blood is thicker than water.

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

There are tendrils of unrest driving deeper into the soil of Ischia every day.

They fester beneath the earth, souring themselves with rot until, clinging to nearby vegetation, they strip life from their brethren as well. Ever hungry, the revulsion of evil that tinges this Kingdom in a ring of black devours restlessly.

It shocks the tender girl wide awake.

Gasping, Nyxa takes a few moments to gather her senses. The day is just beginning, early dawn paints the sky with an attractive palette of lavender, fuschia and bruised purple tones. For it being Winter there still seems to be a warm, comforting temperature island-wide but that hasn’t kept the muddy-yellow filly from growing an unnecessarily thick coat. It drenches her in sweat, covers the sharkskin of her points, and even serves to give her a shapeless sort of look.

She’s not herself, and she never will be again.

The sound of clanging metal catches her attention, a sharp noise that pierces the solitude and sends a flurry of rainbow birds from their perches in the overgrown den Nyxa rests in. At one time, this place had been Jah-Lilah’s. Now it's just an empty cocoon of what was, clinging to her puffed-out body in the shape of brittle leaves as she rises to shake free a restless night’s worth of sleep. Her memories of the dreams are spotty but she cannot shake the fear that blankets her mind like an oily residue and so, instead, she moves out to the beach for a bit of a walk.

It seems she’s not the only one with this idea, either. Rounding a slow bend, Nyxa’s gemstone gaze picks out the approaching form of another horse - the two will meet face to face if she continues on her path. For a moment, she considers ducking into the safety of the wood, back to the stifling secrecy of some forgotten corner, but a last minute change of opinion sends her on with renewed energy until the outline of his comely shape can be discerned clearly.

“Hello, wanderer.” She chirps, once the water filly perceives them to be close enough to one another for conversation, “Have we met before?”

When Ischia had chosen her as Keeper, Krone had vowed to watch the island, to keep her safe from harm. She knew what was happening on the island, even if she didn't react to it.

She had watched Sabra leave under the blanket of night, the plankton illuminating her pale wings, she watched the pregnant mare take flight. Tucked beneath the forests canopy, she observed the angry mare, wondering why the mare had made it a point to depart in the first place. Krone hadn't wanted Klaudius, she had made it a point to ignore him constantly. Sabra would never know that Krone did not want this...that a rape had caused the Keeper to carry children she did not want. A burden she would now have to bare. 

But Krone had a duty to herself and her people; she had a kingdom to run. She had no time for matters of the heart, or for childish jealousy. Her eyes departed from the scene and she had left, with no intentions of telling Klaudius where his plaything had gone. 

Morning breaks and she is already awake. The swelling of her belly causes a constant, gnawing hunger, and it awoke her again. But her appetite is far away; she can't eat knowing she is feeding two unwanted spawns of the purple devil (her lack of eating has made her smaller than she should be at this stage in her pregnancy). She avoids the lavender stallion's eyes (what pleasure he must gain from seeing what he had done, fucking bastard), keeping to herself unless a situation calls for it. 

The clanking of metal nearby catches her attention. She knows who it is, he is back again to ruin her day much like he had ruined her mind, her body, and her spirit. She almost walks away...almost, until she hears another voice. A small, gentle chirp to go along with the parrot's morning song. She draws near, hidden in the seclusion of the wood, and sees him in all his infamy. 

And then she sees her. The daughter of the lost queen, and her heart sinks. Krone could not leave...no, not with the child there, not with him. So, she watches, keen on stopping any problems before they would start. 

Krone
    you could be the King
    (but watch the Queen conquer)

Quickly he had come to terms with his situation. His hooves sink into the manipulable sands with each heavied placement.  Streaks of dawn painted delicately across the skies.  It casted a glow over the island as the flocks of bright avian were awakening for the day.  A grouping scares off when he crashes back to earth but soon they return to ignore him.

His lavender bodice sweeps across the beaches.  Staying clear of the gentle sways of the waters edge.  His fear of water bordered paranoia.  Maybe it was his past.  Watching the kelpie shifter dragging his mother to the depths of his lagoon.  Seeing the same stallion, that he considered in his youth a protector, almost rip his mothers throat out.  He could appreciate it's beauty, as well as it's powers from a safe distance.  His thoughts travel to the days of his childhood and he wonders if that is why he felt the way he did recently.  His lack of parental figures and a tight-nit family was driving him to seek out such.  But alas all his attempts were failing him.

As his mind wondered his feet kept pace.  Bringing him nearer to the bend of island.  His eyes refocus on the present and he spots a light figure amongst the sands.  Silver-hazel eyes scope the creature out to decide it is a young mare.  She is of unique type and he can't help but notice a similar shimmer to her skin that Ivar sported as well.  He stops in his tracks and allows her to approach.  Which she does quietly until she is within speaking range.  Lavender ears twist forwards to capture her words.

Wanderer?! His brow cocks curiously.  Nares drawing in her youthful scent, but somewhere in there is a hint of familiarity.  Though he can not place why this mare would have the scent of his sister surrounding her, he overlooks it to be the breeze carrying the Keepers ever-present scent.  It was her island wasn't it..? 

"No I don't believe we have.  I'm Klaudius." His lips form a now faint smile as he speaks to the young mare, "But, I am far from a wanderer." His lips curl a tad more, forming a smirk, "You look like more of the wandering type... What brings you here?" Pale purple feathers ruffle in the strengthening wind across the sea.  He can feel the pressures in the atmosphere changing ever so slightly.  A storm was approaching as they speak.  A shiver strokes down the vertebrae of his spine.

Klaudius
    I was just born this amazing

@[Nyxa] I'll ignore @[Krone]s eavesdropping... For now lol

N y x a

Strangers, then! Nyxa is just as surprised as he that this Island has kept them equally a secret from the other. His smile is infectious - she knows nothing of this Klaudius’ nature and so, she has nothing to stack against his favor. The fluffed-up girl is more than eager to see a happy face, and to return the gesture with a warm grin of her own. Perhaps she’s not sly smirks or eye-sparkling secrets (an open book, really) but she is innocence imbued with kind gestures and a willing attitude.

Maugrim’s lesson has taught her nothing, it would seem.

“Klaudius, so nice to meet another Ischian face. I’m Nyxa!” She beams, the tumbling caress of a strong wind throwing her green mane across her face and eyes for the brevity of a moment. She shakes her head, turning it aside to glance over the churning sea and clear her vision of the unruly strands of hair. For a moment, the longing inside of her is strong; a desire to meet the rolling waves and plunge beneath their depths overtakes her and she swallows, hard.

“Oh, I haven’t wandered since before Circinae left.” The girl laughs softly, turning her bright gaze back to Klaudius’ handsome profile. “I guess that’s what brings me here - a change of scenery might be in the works.” Nyxa hums, her words falling into silence as a pleasant smile settles instead. Her attention skirts to his wings, the dual appendages something to be quite proud of with such stature and size. She wistfully remembers her own, then quickly remembers how annoying they’d become.

A breaker crashes out at sea, one giant curl of water that slams against the shore near to where they’re standing, and the residual water climbs eerily up the beach with grasping fingers, coming just shy of them by a few feet. “I had plans to try and make for the Field, but this weather may delay that.” The girl huffs absently, noticing the nearness of the liquid and the odd way it seemed to want them, but remaining silent on the matter and instead choosing to explain it as an act of god.

Nature, especially the Ocean, was always tempestuous and unexpected. “What brings you out on such a fine day?” She jokes lightheartedly.

@[Klaudius] @[Krone] without her wolfy senses, she's totally blind to Krone sneak-peeking Tongue

Nyxa...
    The name tumbles to memory as he listen to her intently.  She had a presence that kept your interest.  Wondering what she had in store.  The focus of his eyes remains on her youthful face but his view trails to the green locks drifting about her neck.  They resembled that of his sister's, Krone, the Keeper of Ischia.  

His lavender ears stay high upon his crown.  Twitching from the sound of her voice and the rolling of waves.  A clashing of aqua causes him to be cautious of the nearing waters.  Steel clouds become increasingly present in the early morning skies. Rolling with a dooming velocity towards the meek isle.

He processes her every word, Circinae left, change of scenery, the field... His elegant crown cocks with curiousity, as silver eyes lift to the sky.  "Yes. It seems we may need to take shelter soon.  I know of a cavern if you are interested...?" His charming smile hides any hint of alter meaning his statement could hold. Lavender tresses twist within themselves as a gust hits them.  Returning his eyes to the golden mare in question, "Care to join me? I promise I don't bite." Lips curling in typical fashion...   

Klaudius

@[Nyxa] sorry it's short... And I figured since Krone is just lurking I'd continue Smile

N y x a

The sky rumbles in a peal of thunder, a foreshadowing of the winter storm to come, and Nyxa assumes that her question about why Klaudius was out and about has gotten swallowed up in the noise. It seems plausible, anyways. Still, her smile falters when he grows cautious of the impending seawater - what sort of horse took up residence on an island when they were clearly terrified of water?

“He must have good reason.” She thinks, and she’s not too far from accurate. All the same, when his pewter gaze flicks to the churning sky, she stifles her hesitation and tries to settle her nerves. Klaudius tells her he knows a safe harbor against this type of weather, a cavern of sorts that could house them both. Nyxa thinks she knows most places in Ischia by now, and her curiosity over which cavern he was speaking of tilts her head to the side.

“Care to join me? I promise I don’t bite.” The lavender stallion taunts with a smirk, eliciting a peal of bell-like laughter from the petite mare. “Afraid of a little rain?” The girl asks, her grin broadening as the first mist of precipitation begins to fall. Gosh, she shouldn’t pester him - but it’s been a minute since she’s felt loose enough to joke and besides, the last thing on her mind was the idea that suddenly she'd get swept away by a storm.

That prospect actually sounded quite nice. “I don’t know …” She draws out, one hoof easing forward as if to follow where he led, “ … If you really don’t bite.” The girl convinces herself aloud, her other foot stepping up to meet the first. She sees no reason not to go - he was her comrade, right? An Ischian too?

Why does she feel so uncertain, then?

@[Klaudius] @[Krone] KRONE CAN STEP IN ANY TIME NOW PLEASE lol

Lavender limbs begin to reach forwards again towards the direction in which she had came.  The witty laugh that comes from the young girl makes him return a chuckle of amusement, "Me?! Afraid... Nah.  I just got done preening my fabulous assets!" He unfurls his wings in a diva-like fashion.  Striking an exaggerated pose.  Another laughs erupts from his vocals as he brings his wings to rest back at his sides.  Another sweeping step along the beach turns him into the tropical foilage.  

...if you really don't bit. A small smirk creeps up at the thought.  Oh, don't worry little Nyxa.  I don't bite... His devious mind toys with the idea.

Slipping under the shelter of the broad leaved trees, the mist beginning to fall collects on the canopy instead of his body.  It was the one time he truly enjoyed walking or the confinement of the forests.  Her hesitant steps behind him cause him to strike up small talk, "So Nyxa... How long have you not wandered?" A grin plays on the corners of his maw as his valiant crown dips under a length of vine.  He continues to lead the way to the northern caves.  If she should continue to follow...  

Klaudius

@[Nyxa] Liv said go ahead.  Krone will follow silently...for now XD

N y x a

How long has she ’not wandered’? “That’s a good question.” The girl answers, turning aside from the churning shoreline to follow him through the twists of jade forest. “I was born in Hyaline,” She begins, unsure if this is actually what the lavender stallion had in mind when he’d asked the question, “and not long after that my mother was busy doing diplomatic errands for Amet.” She recalls anyways, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips with the fond remembrance of the bronze-scaled king.

“Then, the next time Circinae came home for a spell, it was to tell us that she’d taken up the mantle here, in Ischia.” She shrugs, quick to duck beneath the overhang of a ripe vine. “So I followed. I found Hod and his brother, Bragi, on my way and only made it to these shores with one of them but, I haven’t left since that day.” She sighs, full of the past and aching for Hod’s company now that she’d slipped and mentioned him.

It wasn’t an entirely true story, (she’d tried in vain to leave once and gotten as far as the Rivermouth) but the essence of it still remained the same. Ischia had her in its grasp and, half the time, she didn’t mind. Especially when it led her to discovering characters such as this … Klaudius fellow.

“You know,” She says suddenly, now that their path has become familiar (like she’d assumed before, Ischia was all but completely discovered to her) “you look very similar to another horse here! Though she’s a mare.” The youngling laughs, a sound as light as the mist coating the canopy above them. Another peal of thunder rolls in the distance; the wind picks up with a trill whistle.

ooc: As long as it's okay with Liv!
    Krone is a silent stalker, watching Klaudius' every move with a nagging suspicion that there are ulterior motives to his friendliness. It is her duty to follow in the face of uncertainty...she cannot let Nyxa go off with him alone. No, not in good conscious. As the two stray ahead of her, she follows slowly, quietly, deeper into the darkness of the forest. She listens to Nyxa's past story, to Klaudius' disgusting flirting, and is keen to intervene whenever she feels it is necessary.

She's led towards the mouth of a small cave, cozy in the heart of Ischia. She stops abruptly just as the trees end and the cave begins, eyes following them as they pause to talk. What were his intentions? Why fuck with an innocent child, the sly dog?

It takes everything in her to contain the growl threatening to spill from her lips. She is angry - angry that she had let him take advantage of her, and that he could possibly be trying to do it to someone else. No...no longer. She could not, she would not allow it. Not in her home.

Now, it's all a waiting game.
    Krone
    you could be the King
    (but watch the Queen conquer)

@[Nyxa] @[Klaudius]