• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Little Lamb || Sabra * Any

Lavendel

The mare stands at the edge of the forest, staring into the autumnal canopy above her splashed bodice. She awaits her opalescent queen, readying her words with an eager heart. Her second summer had arrived with full force, the warm air of it blasting through her milky mane as she stood there. She remembered the queen's words. If her words stood true Lamb would be receiving a job soon. She had been roaming about lately spreading the good news that Sylva had been, but her chest tightened at the mere thought of actually receiving something to do. Possibly even something important. The girl had always seen herself as a busy bee, she hoped Sabra would notice that. Lamb would just die if the mare asked her to stay put. To learn her place.

No, that was not what her painted queen stood for. Beqanna was changing, its tides were heavily influenced by it's mares. How lovely! Her ears flatten at the thought, beneath the deep wave of femininity laid tension. It was as thin and as tight as foal hair and just screamed threats of snapping under the weight that good leadership was. Sylva was small, maybe the smallest kingdom of all. Its lands were great but its numbers were small. Lavendel frowns, turning her gaze to the forest floor for a moment. With a hesitant cry she calls out softly for her queen, awaiting the winged mare with unspoken words.

Little Lamb

@[Sabra]
    [Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l
    She has been walking her woods, pale colt trailing in her wake. She stands a moment, watching him leap from a low stone, small wings outstretched. He doesn't glide more than a few meters, but she is still pleased. Her son is strong, and bold. It is only when something catches him unaware, grazing him on his left side, that he startles and shies to huddle beneath the comforting expanse of her wing. Perhaps it's karma, that touched her son's face, stole sight from one eye. Penance for her foolishness. She sighs lightly, watching him try the leap again. Sunlight striking his gold and purple wings, vibrant as a watercolor, touch a melancholy chord in her. He looks so like his father. The same pride in simple existence run through his carriage, his demeanor. Humility was going to be a hard, necessary lesson for her son. "Come, Kwartz! We can't just play today, there's work to be done." She calls, shaking out her wings restlessly. With a minimum of lollygagging, the child soon returns to his place by her side.

They are soon making their way along the border of Sylva, her perpetual autumn in stark contrast with the verdant summer foliage only steps away. Through the trills and whistles of the forest's avian inhabitants come a softer call, but one the opal lady turns to immediately. The mother and son closed the distance between themselves and the girl who had called out. Lavendel was growing well, more woman than child now than when "Lamb! Wonderful, I've been meaning to find you. This is your second summer now, yes? And I promised you a job at this time." She paused to give the girl time to confirm this information, glancing towards where Kwartz now was kicking and bucking through a drift of jewel-toned leaves. Content, she turned back to the coffee and cream girl before her.

"You have a wandering spirit, I can see that. Shall we build on that, make a useful tool of your nature? I wish for you to be my first Lady, Lamb. What I mean by that, is that I wish for you to learn diplomacy. To be a graceful representative of Sylva. I'm planning a goodwill visit to Ischia soon, on which I'd like you, and perhaps one other to accompany me. We leave the first day of Autumn. What do you say, are you up to it?" She asked, eyeing Lamb seriously. She was anticipating this meeting, cautiously. An alliance with the island kingdom would be valuable, not only due to the close relation of their regal offspring. She had not told Kwartz yet, that he had a half sibling not so far away. That admission would lead to complicated questions and heavy realities. Things the boy didn't need to deal with just yet.

@[Lavendel]

Lavendel

It does not take long for the royal duo to find Lamb. The painted queen and her lavender son join her with gentle smiles upon their faces. The boy did not stay put for long and quickly bounded off to play amongst the autumn leaves. She turns her crystalline gaze to the opalescent queen as she speaks, offering a role for the young girl. 

First lady.

Lamb smiles softly her ears turned towards Sabra as she speaks of the planned visit to Ischia. Quietly she wonders who else would go with them. She plans on her own to make friends of other Sylvans. Lamb dismisses these thoughts and turns her attention to Sabra.

"I would be honored to join you Sabra."
    Her voice is soft and it floats upon the wind and mingles with the distant rustling of the leaves above them. Despite the tone of her voice, she was serious. "Come winter Beqanna will have changed once more, perhaps finding out who our friendship lies with will benefit us greatly." She looks at the purple boy then and smiles softly, how their world was to change. "Ischia seems like a good place to start."

Little Lamb

[Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l