• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 1 Task 3
    She has a voice in her head. It actually sounds a lot like her mother (“Be careful, Wishbone” “You know better” “You’ll hurt yourself doing that”). It’s a voice that Wishbone frequently pushes aside in favor of more exciting things. When the Goddess reveals their next opponent, it is simply herself. Yet all the life has been drained from this Wishbone.

“You’ll have to grow up one day,” her dark, lifeless twin says. The voice is exactly like the one inside her mind (the one that reminds her to be careful and not to do that thing she wants to do and tells her that her parents would be furious) and Wishbone feels a shudder drip down her spine. “Maybe, but that doesn’t mean I have to change.”

Although she could fight this opponent with words, she is born of stardust and fire and thus she charges at her dark lookalike, ears pinned and teeth bared. The opponent merely shifts out of the way, a shadow at the corner of Wishbone’s amber eye. The girl shifts with it, albeit a few seconds behind, and gives a loud warrior cry as she slides to a stop and rears to toss her hooves at her opponent’s gray face.

The shadow of herself — the version which she might become one day if something were to put out her spark — crumbles. There is only dust now and Wishbone drops her face to the ground and allows a harsh blow to leave her nostrils, dissipating the particles into nothingness.

Words: 256
    Answer: Marwari horse
    I know this might be overdue, but I figured I would put something up regardless