• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kylin\\
    Karat
    Blood is Thicker than Water

Her stay here is only partially consensual.  The day that Trekori had found her on the shores of Tephra, she wasn't sure about anything.  Life had been so uncertain to the point she just needed out.  To be free and do as she pleased.  Now suddenly her world is crumbling around her.  She knows no one.  Has no family.  She is alone and it is a feeling she hadn't known but wanted.  Now she had it and she wanted something else.  To belong to something greater than herself...

Wondering thoughts move her limbs in a lumbering pace along the northern beach.  Lavender eyes searching the sands for answers but none are found.  An occasional crab scuttles across the beaches towards the ocean but she does not chase it as she had before.  When she was young and on this very beach with Krom and her father.  Another was there as well.  A similar colored mare with cream splotches and crystalline wings.  Her brows scrunch in remembrance, Kylin.  Yes, that was her name.  She knew of Kroms' unique powers, assuring them he would be okay.  

Her memory had stopped her movement.  She stood starring at the waves lapping on the shores.  Its rhythmic pace lulling her into a daydream of sorts.  How she wished her family was here now...       

@[Kylin] adding to your to do... sry not sry Wink
    Unexpectedly, she stumbles upon the girl as she returns from a stroll onto the sea. Though the filly looks familiar, Kylin does not recognize her right away. She has changed, not only grown, from a lanky child into quite a young lady already, but her color has changed too. Karat still shows the purple that is so significant for their family, but it is more like Kylin’s own lavender, while her body has started to grey.

Hoof by hoof she carries herself closer to the shore, stepping onto the beach together with the rolling waves. For a moment the lavender and white woman holds still, her hazel eyes on the wandering girl. What was Karat doing here? Hadn’t she left for Tephra, together with her family? The family Klaudius choose over me. Or, perhaps, had they come back? A hopeful glint finds her gaze as she looks around, already expecting to see Klaudius waiting for her. All she finds is disappointment. Nobody else but her and Karat are out on the beach. The truth hurts, and Kylin needs a moment before she finds herself able to approach the girl.

She nickers softly, hoping to catch the girl’s attention, before softly calling her name after. “Karat?” The filly looks lost in thoughts, and Kylin does not want to scare her. As she continues her approach, her fins tremble ever so slightly. They are no longer able to hide her swollen barrel from sight.

@[Karat]
    OOC: Time line wise, is it okay to have this thread happen before the birth? ^^
    Karat

Since the moment she stepped hoof into Tephra, she had always stood on the shore looking to Ischia.  Wondering what goes on here and longing to be part of the island again.  Now though she is here.  Slightly by choice but mostly because she had been promised something more.  A promise that was slowly slipping from reality...

Her stare today had been out across the ocean and into Tephra.  Now longing for what she once had. Foolish girl. Knowing only that her time here is limited to terms of law, but wishing she had the ability to fast forward... It is her sudden name being called in question that causes her to snap back into herself.  A casual swing of her head brings a lavender mare into view.  One with patches of cream on her body.  Memories come forth to reveal this mares name, "Kylin?"  She only half questions.  The fin like wings were enough evidence to be sure of her identity.  Re-positioning her body to face the incoming mare, she answers, "You remember me?" It had been at least a year since they had left here and she is surprised to see the mare had remained.  

In her naivety, she wonders out loud, "Father stayed to find you.  To let you know we had to leave...  He must have not come across you." Her father had never enlightened them of his week spent away from them and what transpired.  They all just assumed he hadn't been able to find her and abandoned his search.  Before pausing long enough for the mare to answer, she adds excitedly, "We could leave! You and me.  We could go home! Oh Father would be so excited to see you, Kylin!" Her face in alit in excitement.  She doesn't know that her father had found Kylin.  Had asked her to leave, but she refused... 

@[Kylin] works for me! I imagine this is a couple months into her stay here anyhow.  Timeline wise she is back in Tephra now so we can finish this up quick.
    Like expected, the grey and lavender filly – or is she a young woman already? – had been lost in her own thoughts. Kylin can only relate; she herself had stood on the beach like that many times before. Just watching the horizon, there where the sea meets the sky. When their gazes meet Kylin nods, and smiles, confirming it was indeed her. “Of course I do, Karat, how could I not? You made me a pretty necklace before..” suddenly the lavender and white woman finds herself at loss of words, and is unable to finish her sentence. Before you all left.

Quickly like that a sweet reunion turns into something much, much darker. Kylin cannot – and does not – blame the girl, but her words are like salt in an open wound. Her hazel gaze wanders way, watching the ocean instead of looking at Karat. “He did find me..” she replies, voice soft as she tries to keep the tremble out of it. Kylin does not want to burden Karat with her and Klaudius’ relational issues.

And thus she forces herself to smile. “I am sure he will be happy to see you, Karat. Your father loves you and Kromium very much.” That, she knows, is true. She has never seen a father more smitten by his children. Even her own father hadn’t looked at her and Klaudius and Kali like that. A sigh, followed by a light shake of the head. “I am home, Karat, Ischia has always been my home..” Like it wasn’t already painfully enough that Klaudius had asked her to leave. Why did everybody assume she would follow around like an obedient puppy? Nobody had asked what she wants.

“But.. I will come to visit..” A soft sigh, and Kylin has to glance away to hide how much it pains her. She wishes she feels Karat’s enthusiasm, but she doesn’t.

@[Karat]
    Karat

Memories flood her of her earlier years.  Her and her twin had run carelessly about Ischia and it was a paradise for all.  Now though she is nothing more than a prisoner here.  Stolen away to be abandoned by someone who said they wanted her.  Only her family wanted her.  Even her father had returned to get her but she was forced to remain...

Her eyes sadden right along with Kylins.  For other reasons unbeknownst to her but she is quick to respond, "I was stolen back here but now he left and I am all alone..."  Besides Kylin she knew no one and all she wanted was to go back home.  Anger begins to surface as her softened eyes harden, "I am going home." She huffs with a snort.  Head rising to look towards the land bridge in which she crossed before her limbs begin moving her.  She would sneak away into the river and head for Tephra.  She pauses for a moment to look back at Kylin, a whickered goodbye leaves her lips as she sneaks away under the cover of night... 

The sudden change of subject – and more noticeable the change of mood – is something Kylin had not seen coming. Karat had been so excited to have found her, and eager to leave, but from one moment to the next the grey and lavender girl has turned into herself. It both confuses and worries the pregnant mare, enough to make her close the distance between them so she can push her muzzle comforting against Karat’s shoulder. “I’m sorry, Karat. But I’m here, if you need me.”

She knows better than to say that Karat is not alone. From her own experience she knows very well that you can be very alone even though surrounded by others. It is exactly how she feels herself after Klaudius had left Ischia rather abruptly. But this all does not mean Kylin would turn her back on his daughter, the sibling of the child she carries.

Help Karat seems to not need. Her muzzle is pressed lightly against the girl’s cheek, as a soft goodbye, before pulling back. “Be safe, and tell you father I miss him, will you?” Kylin watches the girl retreat, answering her nicker with one in return.

Even long after Karat has disappeared, she still finds herself standing on the beach. By now, ankle deep in the water, and praying that Karat would be alright.

@[Karat] Wrapping up some threads ^^