• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Swept away in a wildfire // SCORCH
    Spring has arrived in Beqanna, and  the scent of the wildflowers is accompanied by the scent of afterbirth and foalhood. The wind blows briskly through the trees, not yet has the land let go of winter entirely. Robbed of my thick coat I am left shuddering in the midst of lavender and multi toned peonies. I await her , and if she is anything like I remember I know I wont be left waiting long. 

With a whispering breath I turn my head, silver tendrils falling away from my face as I drink in the sight of the meadow. Its is gorgeous and quiet, only the lingering scent of those long passed accompanies me. Today I am three. 

As in my youth I am unabashed to state that I am  beautiful. I had been blessed with knowledge and distance from the far corners of the world. And then she appears, more beautiful to me then she may believe she truly is.

"Hi Mom." 
    How am I to tell her? Certainly she would be proud of me when I admitted my prolonged absence. Maybe she would be disappointed I wouldn't return with her. She was a mysterious creature my mother.
    @[Scorch]
    The weight of the crown bore heavily upon her, but not as heavily as her mother's guilt. The two were rather correlated actually; whenever she found herself leading a kingdom, her sense of having failed her children redoubles. The duties of leadership often called her away from the quaintness of family life, causing her to miss precious moments.

Of Philomena's precious moments, she had missed nearly all - but she had given her an opportunity that few foals in Beqanna ever got. It had to make up for it - and they had had her first year together. Walking the beaches, finding the rarest flowers, discussing her hopes and dreams as mothers are wont to with their daughters. They did have that - and maybe, that would be enough.

She found her daughter drifting amidst a sea of spring flowers, radiant even among the beauty of the flora. Feeling her heart surge with love at the sight of her now-adult child, she shoved aside her thoughts of kingdomship, wading through the flowers until she was close enough to take the appaloosa in a gentle embrace.

"Hello, Mina. I've missed you." She spoke the words into the girl's silver-black mane, noting how thickly she smelt of Tephra's ash. Her year in that kingdom was up, and for half a moment, Scorch's mind races to everything they could do together in Nerine - but she stops the train of thought harshly, pulling back from her daughter to look at her impassively. She expected the worst - but hoped for the best.

@[Philomena]
    [Image: scorch2.png]