• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / solace
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    The sun is warm on her shoulders and it dips her dark mane in auburn highlight. Tall, high spring grass waves gently in a breeze that soothes her skin and the flowers that blossom up around the grasses seem to dance from the effect of the air. The sky is beginning to change from the crisp spring blue to the shades of sunset (lavender and apricot and rose and navy) as the sun drops below the faces of the mountains. Their summits are still ivory with snow while their foothills are dappled with the colors of blossoming flora and foliage.

Wishbone is far from the border at this point, following a stream brimming with brisk water from the mountain run-off. Her amber eyes search the landscape for signs of her sister. Solace hadn’t been at the diplomatic meeting, despite her duties as a queen, and the girl wants to make sure the news of her heirship reaches her sister’s ears from her own mouth.

Her thoughts move just as rapidly as the current of the stream — memories of her last visit in Hyaline, the sudden weight of her potential queenship, wondering if Solace is okay. It’s unlike her sister to ignore the call of a diplomat, especially when it is family. A piece of her feels deeply uncomfortable and worried after Solace. Though, she wonders, if something dangerous had happened to Hyaline’s queen, Wishbone is certain it would have been mentioned in the meeting.

Finding her own solution to her worried thoughts, the mahogany girl allows a honey-whiskey call to leave the depths of her throat. “Solace?”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Solace]

Solace

. . .

In these final days of her pregnancy, Solace slept soundly. Kagerus had lifted the weight of the kingdom off her shoulders, and for the first time in three years, she could rest without guilt. The twins absorbed enormous amounts of her energy, and she was happy to give it to them. She had done little more than graze and happily await Kagerus' return to their grotto for the last few days.

It felt good to be taken care of after so long of giving her all to Hyaline day in and day out. She rests now, dozing in the sunlight with her weight in one hip.

Solace?

The sound of her name drags her from her second nap of the day, and a little guiltily she glances around for the source.

"Wishbone?" Solace calls lightly to the half-hidden figure through the young red maple trees. "Is that you?"

Shaking the sleep from her mind with a toss of her tri-colored mane, the young mother takes several heavy steps towards the other creature. A smile brightens her features as she recognizes that is indeed her father's daughter. The filly she had met not so long ago has matured into an athletic young mare, but the family resemblance is still apparent. The rich mahogany of her pelt is a color she had only seen worn by one other. 

"It seems like I am too late to welcome you," she laughs, noting the unmistakable scent of her mate lingering in the air between them, (she had an annoyingly good sense of smell at the moment) and smiling to herself because of course, Kagerus had already greeted her.

"But how are you, sister? What news from Nerine?"

haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    Her heart leaps at the sound of Solace’s voice. Wishbone’s lingering worries evaporate as she winds under the shade of the maple trees. Her heart warms with the dapples of sunlight that hit her back as she moves, especially when she sees the extremely swollen sides of her sister’s belly. That would certainly explain Solace’s absence in the diplomatic visit.

“Well fuck, Solace!” Her voice is a call of glee, despite the foulness of her mouth. She was a soft child the first time she came to Hyaline, still awed by the world and innocent around her edges, but Nerine has hardened her. She might be a princess of Tephra and a heiress of Nerine, but she has the mouth of a sailor to go with those titles. There’s no apology on her lips as Wishbone steps closer to touch her nose softly to Solace’s.

A laugh bubbles on her mouth, tangling with the happy chuckle of the stream not far from their feet. While she fits into Nerine as perfectly as a fish in water, Wishbone thinks she would be happy in Hyaline too. There are plenty of mountains to climb and she could spend the buttery, warm summer days diving in the lake with Svedka. “I think you’ve been eating too much,” she teases lightly, tossing her dark forelock out of her amber eyes.

Solace’s question sobers the mahogany girl though, and the laugh on her mouth dims to a smile in her eyes. “I’ve already spoken with Kagerus, the Queen-Consort” — she adds this last title with a knowing expression and a smirk on her sable mouth — “but I wanted to tell you myself.” Her hips shift her body into a more comfortable position in the shade of the maples, tangled tail lightly flicking against her heels. “Queen Hestia has died and Scorch has taken her place as Queen of the Leviathans. However,” with this she pauses, dramatically inhaling with that ever-daring personality of hers, “she has named me heiress of Nerine. I’m supposed to take the throne when Scorch thinks I’m ready.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Solace]