• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are broken, what must we do to restore; new recruits, any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The summer sun is bright in the mountain kingdom, and it makes it seem such a forgiving place. Hyaline is beautiful, most certainly, Ilma thinks as she walks the mountainside east of the lake, parallel to whatever curve it follows.

She watches her young son grow, and she can forgive the boy for colouring after his father, because himself he did nothing wrong. He is playing near a lot of bushes close by, chasing butterflies, but it is not him she worries about. At least, not today. Today she worries about her failing, the title of Ambassador not corresponding with her actions over at least the last half year if not longer.

In the meantime, several other horses have joined Hyaline’s forces, though Baltas and Gedrinth were the only ones to care for a rank. Not that this matters to Ilma, certainly, but she hasn’t even met the other three, and she would have liked to see them at least, talk to them, know who they are and for what purpose or demons they have ended up here. Especially one such as young as Kanamae, who luckily seemed to have been found by Kag and Baltas.

In short she just wishes to know who they are. And perhaps for the grulls pinto mare it would be good to know them too. As diplomats, they are required to know who they speak for on whatever diplomatic mission may follow.

And so, as her eyes scan the largest vale of Hyaline and she cannot immediately find them, she calls out, inviting those who listen for a meetup. Perhaps there’s questions, perhaps just a small talk or perhaps they had rather avoided her. But at the very least she would like to know of their choices, because their choices define them about as much as anything they could tell her.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kanamae]
    @[Briseis]
    @[Hephaestus]
    @[Gedrinth]
    So Ilma is a bit beind on everything so here is a general large meeting thread. Perhaps someone even wants to apprentice in diplomacy, if so let het know, but that’s not even the point of the meeting today :)
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Kanamae has quickly settled into his new home, he felt safe and much happier than he did in Sylva. Although he longed for his mother, and even his brother, but perhaps one day when Kanamae is older he could go back to Sylva to visit him.

today is off playing by himself when he hears the call of another, a pitch he has never heard before. He shrugs and grows closer, it was a white mare that he has never seen before but he draws closer out of hiding. Hello! He says with a cheerful tone, prancing up towards her. He stops a few paces away My name is Kanamae! Who are you? He tilts his head slightly to the right before correcting his stance You called and I am here He stands tall his with chest puffed out slightly.

@[Ilma] OOC: Of course he is to little now but eventually will go into the diplomat caste.
    She had been idly standing beneath the shade of a tree when she heard the call. With light and shadow playing dapples across her black coat she had slowly raised her head at the sound, her slender ears swiveling forward and back as she attempted to decipher it. It was beckoning, and hesitantly, she follows.

When she arrived she saw the pale mare that she had seen her first day in Hyaline. She remembers how she had simply been a flash of brightness turning away from them, and how eagerly Svedka had gone after her. By the time she reaches her however there is another, a young colt that eagerly introduces himself. She remains slightly off to the side, eyeing the two of them hesitantly. No matter how many times she did it, she never saw herself getting comfortable with introducing herself.

”I’m Briseis,” she says after the colt has finished speaking. With a somewhat amused smile she looked at him, and then to the mare that had called them. Thankfully e had already asked the question she has been wondering...who is she? And why are they here?

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She’s not disappointed; two nearby residents respond, one she’s only seen in passing, and a foal she hasn’t seen before but he vaguely smells of her Lippizan friend and perhaps Kagerus, though with the latter that should not be a surprise since that mare is almost always everywhere, it seems.

The boy is a proud one, prancing and chest puffing like the big adult he already wants to become. She smiles kindly to him, and her gaze is tracing down the slope to where she’s last seen her own son today. Surely they should meet sometime soon, and she thinks perhaps he should be playing with Solace’s twins as well instead of on his own. But he seems to be content on his own, perhaps something akin to his biological father’s nature, and unlike the white pegasus mare herself who’d rather surround herself with a proper herd - even one of the old ways would do, if the leading stallion would be bold enough.

She finds her mind wandering to a dangerous place, one she has carefully tucked away somewhere deep inside her heart and mind. The golden-clouded stallion seems to pop out sometimes in the most inconvenient ways, but today she has other matters at hand. Hoof.

”Yes, I called you,” she laughs, and looks at the black mare who approaches a little more hesitantly than the colt. ”I am Ilma. I have been Hyaline’s ambassador for a while, but due to personal matters I haven’t gotten much time to get to know you all. I thought introductions would be well in place, so I’d want to welcome you to Hyaline once again. If there’s any questions or places you want to see, just let me know. And if any of you likes to, I am planning a visit to our allies soon, so perhaps one or some of you like to tag along,” she offers.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kanamae]
    @[Briseis]
    Others still welcome to join, but moving this forward now so as to not make this stetch for ages xP
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time