• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(open) Legend has said...
    Breckin laughs quietly at Umani's quick reply, "I admire your enthusiasm, Umani.  But please, allow me to explain Loess to you better, as that is the kingdom I must offer to you first."   Smiling gently, she meet's the palomino's gaze, "It is a kingdom that readily welcomes any to live there without any expectations of them, unless you would aim to gain rank there, as there are only 5 elite positions.  The king is Wolfbane, and while the kingdom itself is peaceable at the moment as it is currently contracted with Nerine, it is ultimately a neutral realm with the premise of being a mercenary-for-hire kingdom.  As I said though, that only really applies to those who have ranks.  The residents themselves live peacefully under their guide."

"I've not met Lepis yet," she admits, turning her gaze back to Ilma briefly, "Do you know her well?"   She'd heard of Loess's cleric, but only just that and the way Ilma mention's her name, it makes her believe that they've had some type of encounter.

Switching back to Umani again, she clears her throat lightly, "Now if Loess still does not appeal to you, then you only need say so and then I'd be happy to answer your questions about my home of Nerine."

@[Vic] @[Ilma]
    "Hmm..I will think about it!" Umani says as she is told about Loess. "I like the idea of peacefulness. How do I sign up for a kingdom?" She asks. She looks to Ilma. "What do you like about your kingdom?" She asks.

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Ilma listens to Breckin and can't help but smile inwardly. Lepis with her mysteries... but still, it is clear that the Loessians can keep a secret and live a peaceful enough life - if they don't make too many enemies along the way with these contracts long-term. At the spotted mare's question then, Ilma shakes her head. "Not well, but we've met in function." she explains - clearly, she does not think of Lepis as a friend, but she doesn't have to, and that is what she tells Breckin now, also, though not directly. But she's keen, and will pick up on that for sure.

Umani says she will think about it, then asks Ilma about her own kingdom. Ah, now that's a subject that she can appreciate, and gladly tells about. She smiles, and without too much ado, answers the question as best as she can. "I most of all like that we don't meddle in other kingdoms' affairs. Whenever possible, Hyaline functions as a neutral land, and a sanctuary to those in need of a home, shelter, food and water, as well as that there's those who simply want to make a peaceful home in the mountains within a kingdom that will always try to stay out of any wars. I can't say that we will forever be successful in that, but there's no harm in trying. And of course, if you like a view - Hyaline has the best ones. The lake is always a stunner, but there's something beautiful in almost every corner of our kingdom." she explains. Well, that's probably the best summary she can give. Looking from the one mare to the other, she shrugs. "But don't feel obliged to make a decision right away, if it doesn't suit you to do so. You're welcome to visit any time, although I unfortunately have to tell you that our border with Loess at the moment is not open, because we still have to work out how much we can trust them while they switch alliances." she explains with a bit of a wry smile. She would not recommend Loess to Umani, to be honest - it's run by pirates, like Solace named them appropriately, and Ilma isn't obliged to offer Umani a herd-mare position in such a kingdom at all.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Vic] @[Breckin] sorry I'm late I didn't see it was my turn Tongue
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide
    The way Ilma answers Breckin’s question regarding Lepis is enough for the leopard mare to cast an inquisitive glance in her direction.  There were things left unspoken by her Hyalinian friend, or so she was led to believe, but the vague statement gives enough indication that she and Lepis had most likely met for the purpose of duty instead of friendly conversation.

She listens to Umani’s response to her own explanation of Loess, before returning a question to Ilma.  With easy patience, she attentively observes as the alabaster mare indulges in a thorough explanation of her homeland.  It brings a smile to Breckin’s lips, at how effortlessly Ilma slips into details of Hyaline passionately—she loved her home, and it was easy to tell. 

Nodding her head in affirmation, she agrees with how beautiful the reflection of Hyaline’s crowning jewel was; it was an image to recall without much effort.  The beauty of their lake was unparalleled, and she found herself craving to look upon its surface one day again soon.

”Ilma is correct,” she says, while during her thoughtful gaze back to Umani.  ”Do not feel as though you must commit to a decision today.  When the time comes and you feel as though a kingdom suits your desires, you need only say so to the leader or a high ranking official.  I am the head diplomat of Nerine at the moment, so I would be happy to receive you, if you so wished to join us or simply visit.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Vic] @[Ilma]