• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  You are cordially invited [Any & All]
    dovev

He laughed when she told him to quit calling her babe. Didn't she know he's a terrible quitter? Good thing he didn't smoke.

Ugh, god, that was better. Definitely better when she came in closer to dance, curling her arms behind his neck. Why'd she always have to be so damn stubborn, anyway? Surprises like these shouldn't be a damn surprise. But she'd been through hell and pretty much any semblance of happiness from her was a beautiful rarity, a victory. That amused glint in her deadly eyes, that smile she didn't realize is winking at him.

And he fuckin put it there, so back the fuck off.

"You better find me some damned alcohol so I don't have to remember I did this."

His head fell back with another laugh, as raw and unfiltered as he is. Then his laughing dark eyes found hers, and he moved a little closer, hands resting on her body and feeling her move beneath his loose grip. I'll get you all the drinks you want, he leaned in, nuzzled his nose beside her ear and murmured a promise.

But you're never gonna fuckin forget this.

He grinned wildly, eyes flashing wicked and amused, and he took her hand again and led her away. Bodies pressed in against them, dancing and oblivious to people trying to fuckin walk here, and he angled in front of her so he would take the majority of the bumping. He grunted as he took a wild elbow to his ribs. It was just him though, so he didn't care. Didn't hurt. Kept leading them.

But the second some idiot bumped her too roughly, not paying damn attention to where she was, Dov pulled her behind him and blocked her with his body in one quick move. Both hands went on the guy's back facing away from them, and he shoved him hard, eyes glittering with malice, standing balanced and ready to take him on and take him down when the guy was able to right himself.

(LOUD MUSIC!)

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much

They’re not really in tune to the music, but when the unfamiliar dame in the blackout-red getup compliments them, Rey finally turns out from her partner to nod her head in the woman’s direction. “I have my friend to thank for that,” She laughs charmingly, patting the lapels across Bane’s chest, “Here - you have a turn, see what I’m talking about.” The blonde graciously requests, and for a second her eyes flick to where Bane’s rest, a fleeting moment of clarity passing silently between them. Let the robin hood games begin.

Rey wilts away into the crowd and Bane, left alone now to answer the mystery woman’s question, regards her with eyes as scrupulous and sharp as a wildcat. “Ahhh, that’s what they all say.” He mutters good-naturedly, the sound somewhat obscured by his covered mouth. Without hesitation he spreads his arms wide, both palms ready to grasp her own, if she allowed it. “And then I’d reply with something like, ‘I’m an unconventional kind of guy’, and then you'd totally get swept off your feet.” He jokes, honestly appreciating the shape of her mouth and the way it moves.

Kind of like another mouth, one that twisted a cherry stem into an impossible knot.

“If it’s too LOUD IN HERE!” He starts to shout, leaning in towards the dark-haired fairy, “WE COULD ALWAYS STEP OUTSIDE.”

---------

And from across the room, Rey was watching an interesting occurrence.

Seems a bloke (the same one who heavily slipped a wad of cash to the band when he thought no one must be looking) was a little offended by the rushing closeness of a too-tight crowd. “Be careful what you wish for.” Rey thinks, gliding through the wild throng just in time to watch him shove a hapless party-goer.

“Woah, woah! Easy there, stud.” She shouted over the noise, stepping in to press her back against the victim while deftly sliding a hand into his pocket. The other hand was out-stretched, as if to block the cat-faced duo from coming any closer. “We’re all just trying to have a good time here, yea?” She yelled, twirling once and then sliding around the angry man - both hands now miraculously empty.

From behind him she could see a fox; a real number put together in the perfect dress, and her flashing mask did little to quell Rey’s initial appreciation. “All in front of a lady like this, too?” She hums, quieter, moving in like a snake on the gorgeous female. “He’s not giving you any problems, is he?” The tall blonde questions, inclining towards the femme fatale in white.

Rey would be happy to take his place.

@[Breckin] they're split up now! Maybe that'll make it easier? lol
    @[Dovev] @[Heartfire] Rey is the party police, sorta Tongue
    Leilan isn’t exactly going anywhere, but, he pretends to have a goal anyway. Perhaps the deejay - see who’s influencing the music because it’s definitely not what it was originally. Or go find out who it is that made this event happen, this Emcee might not even be the only organization (or perhaps it would just be a fun fact for him to store away in his mind if he found out from her why she called it Grey Cove). He’s intercepted by the voice of someone dresses in flaming red. He usually doesn’t have a thing for blondes, somehow always more attracted to a mysterious brunette, but, who cares anyway. He turns and eyes her, obviously so, then flashes a showy grin. ”Great minds think alike.” he tosses at her casually, and takes a step closer.

Just then, very close to the two of them, is some pushing around, and a random guys seems to get shoved right in front of his nose. He catches an arm with his free hand, steadying the man and eyeing the scene. A familiar woman is already intervening, and for a moment she is close enough to be recognized, his mind searching for her name as he lets go of the man and with a half-eye watches the rest of the scene unfold. He does not need to mix with them further, he notices. A lady in white, a man in a slightly aggressive stance, ah, he gets the picture quickly.

Half a mind on the lady in red, he shrugs at the group, perhaps he had noticed the weird way the hands of the woman intervening had slipped and perhaps he hadn’t. Even if he did, he didn’t really care - he had not had anything on him worth stealing except some cash in his inner pocket, although the other guy might have had a watch. There was always the risk of losing stuff while drunk and he could care less about the time, himself.

He turns back to his conversation partner, raising a brow. Did she want to mingle with them?

@[Jackel] @[Rey] @[leliana] @[Dovev]
    To interact or not to interact, that’s the question
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    A ball? What the fuck is this shit? Arthas was anything but a "ball go-er" but he also would be damned to be the only one not to show up to this event. He has high hopes for this bullshit party and he better not be disappointed.

He was undecided on what to wear, by the time he decided the show time already passed. Being late never bothered Arthas, he gets to skip all the awkward forced conversations with the loners. He pulls up to the address in his black charger, he grabs his mask for before exiting. He steps onto the sidewalk placing two fingers in the air, catching the attention of the valet boy, he drops his keys into the boys hand and gives him fifty bucks to go with it.

It appeared everyone was already inside, a smug grin tugged at his lips, he placed the solid black mask on his face and tied it up. His suit of choice was solid maroon with a black undershirt, he steps into the ball that was already filled with other party goers. He seemed to have missed the opening credits, though it did not bother him much.

He slipped in unnoticed and casually leaned against the wall as he gazed at all in attendance. Of course the point was not to know who was under the mask but some you simply could not miss. As he gazes he could not help but bust out laughing, if the tattoo wasn't a give away, his choice of 'mask' was. Old Bane chose quiet the interesting head piece atta boy he muttered to himself. His first instict was to approach his dear friend but he was with a rather pretty lady and didn't want to ruin his chance. 

His eyes gazed around the room some more, a few males that had a vocabulary similar to his, This will be an interesting party he says aloud. His eyes stop on one particular male, Leilan? He ponders the thought, he will absoloutely have to visit him later. But his eyes stop on one female in particular, she was most certainly the prettiest at the party so far, she looked familiar but he could not put a name to her. He remained leaned against the wall, he preferred to be approached, and of course he was wondering were the fuck the alcohol was. 

OOC:
    his mask: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/5c/10/41/5c104...614ddb.jpg
    his suit: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/cd/ed/56/cded5...8bb4e6.jpg

I didn't know if they were supposed to know there pony friends in human form but I thought Bane/Arthas bromance would be fun in human form. 

@[Lepis] If you wanted to join Arthas ^^

He’s right, damnit. She would never drink so much that she forgets. That doesn’t mean she couldn’t get totally sloshed. She would need all the excuses she could get. That would probably peeve him, but when had she ever given a fuck about pissing him off?

Besides, things always got interesting when he got pissed.

As if she needed a demonstration, the crowd swells, causing quarters to get tight and jostling them about he tries a shove a path clear for them. At least, until someone bumps into her just a bit too hard. In seconds, Dovev has shoved the hapless guy back and is squaring up to fight. As much as she can appreciate a good fight, this one would hardly prove fair. Besides, she’s not letting him ruin the night with a brawl. She’d just started having a good time.

But his little quarrel had already started to draw notice. Or, more accurately, the notice of pretty blonde with a sly smile and coy words. Blue eyes narrowing behind her flashing mask, she curls her fingers around Dovev’s arm and pulls back with deceptive gentleness. As the lovely little minx turns her attention to Heartfire, the red-haired woman smiles coldly, though it is hidden by the flashing cat. “While I appreciate your concern, I’m more than capable of handling him.”

Trailing her fingers along Dovev’s arm briefly, she steps forward, slightly closer to the other woman. Casually reaching up, she deftly removes the cat mask, revealing the more delicate mask of gold and white that allows the startling blue of her eyes to shine through. Handing the thing to Dovev, she allows the smile to slip before continuing, almost offhandedly, “However, I would like the knife that you took from his pocket back.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Much to her delight, the stranger does indeed stop, even sparing her glance before shooting her a brilliant smile.  Likewise, she takes the opportunity to scan over his handsome appearance before turning the growing darkness of her eyes back to his metallic mask, obvious amusement painted across the exposed area of her face when he moves in a bit closer.  "Don't they just?"   Laughing quietly at the nearly identical scarlet of their attire, her musings are cut short as a bit of commotion threatens to carry over into their small talk.

It drew his attention and hers alike, watching with narrowed eyes behind her mask a someone is shoved, the man in red nearby corrects him.   Oh how fun she giggles in eager anticipation of seeing a fist fight.  But a pretty broad in an elaborate gown attempts to intervene, and another colder looking woman accuses the other woman of taking her beau's knife.  Jackel rolls her eyes dramatically at the woman in white's accusation, though the act is obscured by her mask.

Stepping towards the tense group, but remaining still near her first interest of the red haired man, she smiles devilishly.  Wickedness burned brightly in her black eyes, finding sheer thrill in the promise of a good showdown.   "Alright come on now, let them brawl it out.  Clearly this guy did something wrong to offend the flash masked guy and there's nothing that some nice heavy hits can't clear up real quick."   Looking between the odd gathering of individuals she continues to smile, "And I'd love to open the floor to some bets while we're at it."  Eyes shining darkly she patted Other guy on the shoulder apologetically, "Sorry dude, I'm putting all my money on angry Flash over there."  Shooting Angry Flash a cheeky wink, she looked back to Other guy with a shrug, "He just looks like he's got more to prove."

Training her eyes back over Other guy's shoulder, she smiles dazzlingly at the red attired man, taking a step closer back to where he stood.  Now we wait.

@[Leilan] @[Rey] @[Heartfire] @[Dovev]
    The immaculately clad woman is quick to remark, causing Breckin's amused expression to focus on the charming blonde.  Not exactly the response she had been expecting either, watching slightly perplexed as the regal woman bows away from her dance partner in order to allow her a chance to participate.  Breckin shoots a glance at the back of the already retreating lady, feeling somewhat helpless; she really hadn't meant to inadvertently cut in on their good time and dancing wasn't really the top of her priorities this evening.  The time was drawing closer where she could comfortably slip away from the rapidly increasing raucousness of the still growing crowd, and opening her big mouth to the captivating duo might have just ruined her chances from effortlessly fading from participator to observer.

Unknowingly, she'd begun chewing lightly on her bottom lip, not really looking directly at the dark dressed man until he'd begun answering the question she'd nearly forgotten she'd asked.  Subconciously, she had begun leaning closer towards him to make out the words inhibited by his choice in a fashion statement and the rising intensity of music.  Raising the flat line of her mouth back into a grin, followed by an easy laugh, she regards him inquisitively through sparkling eyes.   "Humble and a nice dresser," she quips, giving her hands over to where his wait in open invitation.  While moving in closer, she trails her hands up his arms, where she rests her own comfortably around his neck.  That same cherry tying mouth smirks playfully near his ear, "Consider me swooned."

Ever watchful, she notices how several of those around them slowly begin to shift their attention in the direction of where his former dance partner had gone, some going so far as to stand on their toes so as to get a better view.  Pulling away slightly from her alluring partner, though not entirely letting go of him, her brows knit in consideration.  It was too loud to know what was happening, but whatever was grabbing some of the party goers attention must have been promising.  Experience told her that there was most likely someone showing off some sick moves, or possibly a fight.  To be honest though, she couldn't be bothered to care.  It was one of the points of the night--to see what a diverse body of people would do with false personas.  The only bummer was that she couldn't see what was happening.  Oh well, she had eyes and ears elsewhere.  She would get the gist later.

Mystery man leans closer again offering a suggesting free them of the blasting sounds, and she gratefully takes the opportunity to firmly grasp his hand, pulling him behind her as she weaves between the staggering bodies with fluid grace.  Knowing the layout of this place fairly well, she directs them to wear a curtain falls along the wall, sliding behind it and the hidden door with the unknown man in tow.  It's a small outdoor patio, dimly lit and essentially abandoned at this time of night, save for the few decorative plants that line the walkways.

Exhaling, Breckin leans back against the exterior of the building, resting her head against the cool surface while closing her eyes momentarily.   "So many fucking people."  She'd said it absentmindedly, thankful to be away from the masses, even if only maybe temporarily--it would give her a chance to recollect herself.    Why was her hand still warm?  Right, maybe because she hadn't let go of his.  Looking at their hands, then back up at those disturbingly sharp eyes that were impossibly bright still in what little light the night had to give--how could they seem so strikingly familiar?  And another passing glance has her lingering along his neck again.

For some reason, she only smiles mischieviously before slowly releasing his hand at last, to brush a stray curl of hair away from her neck.  Eyeing him in entirety, she raises a curious brow innocently, "You look like the type of person that has the kind of reputation I'd like to hear about."  An innocent statement, an ice breaker maybe, a sentence that normally would be addressed by its recipient without much thought.  But the enraptured woman dressed in crimson and black couldn't help herself and the words had passed through her red lips like silk--she knew exactly what she was doing.

@[Wolfbane] ;]
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

Of course he made it. There was no force great enough to keep him from being with her and keeping his promise. He feels a cheshire grin ease across his face when she leans up to kiss him and nearly purrs when she wipes the blood from his mouth so tenderly. There is no reply when she begs him to repeat the terrible requests he asks of her but rather a smirk that betrays his thoughts. Vulgaris laughs when she asks him to dance and he leads her closer to the dance floor. But then there is a disturbance among the party goers and his attention drifts from the shape of her dress to the commotion.

A girl gets shoved and he idly tongues the sharp point of his canine, eyeing the assailants with a hungry stare. For a moment he forgets that Leliana is by his side and he takes a step closer to the fight. No one is swinging just yet and he wonders if he could remedy that.

But then he notices someone facing Leli and speaking to her. He turns his head slowly, gritting his teeth when he hears the words being spoken to his lover. Vulgaris curls his arm around her to gently position himself between them, blocking the view of her hourglass figure. He presses his thumb to his middle finger so it cracks.

This great mind is going to get his neck snapped like a twig,” he says with a sneer. Already he has forgotten the argument of who stole what or who shoved who, focusing instead on the opportunity before him. His knuckles ache for the god-awful crunch a jaw makes on impact but he waits, savors the moment for a while longer. Already his hands are undoing the buttons of his jacket and loosening his tie. Peroxide would get the blood stains out, he knew, but he’d have to pay a small fortune for a tailor to resew the hem of a jacket like this.

He pulls his arm back to prepare a haymaker aimed squarely at the point where Leilan’s jaw connects to his skull. Most men fold straight to the floor when he hits that joint just right and he loves the sound their heads make against hard floors like this.
    @[leliana] @[Leilan]
    I figured Leli will probably wanna grab his arm and drag him off somewhere so I left it hanging lol.
    It’s not often a situation gets complicated as quickly as this one, yet here they are. A messy mass of people, with people gathering to look; two potential fights so close to one another, they will get messed up.

One is about the guy he just had to put steady because of the swinging arm, though he’s been caught by another, a lady, and pickpocketed. He half noticed the redhaired woman (red hair’s a red flag, to him, because they might be part of the insanely large family he has) saying something about that, but there’s a super unreasonable angry voice that distracts him. He’s been talking to one red-dressed lady, but apparently there’s a tall guy thinking he’s talking to his date. This great mind is going to get his neck snapped like a twig. He has mere milliseconds to turn around right and glance, seeing the second red-dressed blonde behind his original dialogue partner because Jackel walks towards the first group to place a bet - and notice the way he’s unbottuning his jacket like he’s done this millions of times before - eyes wide, like oops, and he slips his drink into the man’s face. Nothing serious, it’s not like there’s anything colourful in it. Just a good amount of alcohol that he’d only gotten to take one sip from.. ”Twig says to use your eyes,” making a point to nod to the woman placing bets. Well, damn, he lost her for an interesting conversation then.

But he doesn’t want to gamble his precious good looks over it, and slips to the left as quickly as moving is possible, between some of the spectators, the man’s a should be off there. Raises the empty glass in mockery. ”Lovely lady, you really should try to keep your date in check. Happy dancing.” and makes a break for it, because now he’s a hundred percent certain he’s set loose a rabid dog.

@[vulgaris] @[leliana] @[Jackel]
    @[Arthas] because perhaps you’d care to get un-stuck from the wall and boop Vul’s nose xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Arthas
    Was this a ball or a brawl? Not that he was complaining this was certainly more his atmosphere. Nothing like seeing all the rich and fancy people in society get drunk and start fighting. Arthas managed to find the bar and with a glass of whiskey in his hand he watches all the drama unfold.

Of course he was attracted to the women who starts the first fight of the night. She was talking to a pair and all of a sudden the women in the red dress ripped her mask off and accused her of stealing a pocket knife? Was he blind? Perhaps he missed the thievery, but damn was she a ballsy women.

He did not have much time to think because across the way another fight was starting, he missed most of the altercation due to the girls fight. All he heard was the one call the red hair man, Leilan, a twig and a fist was thrown at his face. Leilan clever as ever, he avoided the hit all together. Dammit he thought to himself, he could not let this fun night get away! He moves to Leilan quickly, they were the best of friends but he would be damned if anyone but Arthas picked on the red head. He puts his hand on Leilans shoulder and looks to the man who threw a punch I would have to kindly request you don't try that again. He gazed through his mask to to the other man, I'd hate to dirty my suit which as he said it he noticed Leilans. WHY THE FUCK DID THEY MATCH?! Arthas certainly did not think anyone else would wear a fucking maroon suit, of all damn people.

His eyes flicked over to the women he admired, he was keeping an ear out for her altercation, he really wanted to go to her side to begin..but what kind of bastard friend would Arthas be if he let Leilan get into a fight alone.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan] @[vulgaris] @[Jackel] @[leliana] so much happening, hopefully I followed well enough :p