• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Say You'll Never Let Me Go -[Warlight]
    Warlight

If rest is what you want, then I will leave you to it

That's not what I meant! She wants to yell, but the ice his to is as unexpected as it is effective. She freezes, letting his unfamiliar rage wash over her. 

I hope you enjoy your stay at the Cove

She knew Clay well, probably better than anyone other than Keeper, but this was a tone she had never heard before. At least, not from his mouth. 

Her understanding of his hostility was hazy at best, and his sharp departure causes her sympathy starts to burn a little hotter - expanding and taking up more space in her chest until it feels a lot like anger. 

She snorts, tossing her head as he laves them. She couldn't explain why simply being with another horse their age had made him so upset, and she questions if what she had thought she discovered was true. Her mothers didn't keep each other for talking to others - or bully potential rivals - she didn't think that was what love would do. 

But Raul seems to have a much clearer understanding of the situation. As the green and brown form of her childhood friend disappears she looks back to the pale stallion's impassive features, and she adopts them. 

"I don't know what that was about," she said with a toss of her head in the direction Clay had vanished, tucking away her thoughts and emotions on the topic for now.

But Raul's indifference disappears once they are alone, and as he begins to speak her attention is completely centered on him. With each word she drifts closer, his touch against her side accepted and returned. "I like your name too," she mumbles, suddenly having to work to resist reaching out to touch his jawline with her lips. "I'm glad to know it now, you wouldn't be very pleased with the things I was having to call you in my mind," she smirks playfully, "Raul is much better."

The moment stretches and his eyes grow a little misty, and Will is about to reach out and ask if he is alright when she feels it

The places where there is contact between them suddenly begin to tingle and the antlered girl pulls in a sharp breath. A flood of sensation washes over her skin, traveling across her back and down her legs with icy intensity. The sensation finds it's way deeper, and her and her pupils widen. It rolls like a river through her veins setting each nerve alight, healing as it goes. 

When he pulls away she gasps, a smile suddenly tugging at her chapped lips. "Woah," she laughs gruffly, feeling strength in her heart and legs for the first time in far too long. "Why did you wait this long to do that?"

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

[Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]