• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign {Sinner}
    The dapple queen has found herself bound to Sylva once again. This time though it was not to protect the young growing in her stomach, this time it was because she had no idea who the father of her child was. She allowed two stags to swoon her this fall and now her belly grows with the child of one of them. Thankfully only one stuck around, but with there distinct coloring she can only hope it is Velk's and not Raul's.

The dapple mare travels through the heart of Sylva, the trees were now bare aside from the dusting of snow that drags the branches down. It was bad enough to be heavily pregnant, but she also had to deal with the cold winter brought to them.

She had not seen Sinner since there meeting with Loess and she can only imagine he was busy giving Sabrina a sibling with Valdis. The thought brings a disgruntled look on her face, but it quickly fades when she thinks about the reaction Sinner will have when he sees her pregnant, and not with his child. It was clear they did not have feelings between them, but would he be upset that she carries a child other than his? 

She pushes the thought from her mind, surely he wouldn't, they were great rulers together...but that is all that tied them together, well the crown and Sabrina. None the less she seeks him out today, a moment to catch eachother up on there lives, and most importantly to make sure he had no plans to bump Sabrina from the throne. Sinnerrr , she calls out his name, nearly singing it. She was heavily pregnant (unknowingly carrying twins) much larger than she ever was with Sabrina, as soon as he laid eyes on her he would know she was pregnant. She comes to a halt, she allows her ears to find the hound that is sure to be lurking.

@[Sinner] <3

there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    The twisting and turning leaders, specifically of Loess, has turned him inside and out. He longs for things he does not have. Things that should rightfully be his. The crown of the southern kingdom. It was there in the shadows, barely visible by the light. But he could see it. He could take it any moment if he wanted.

But not just yet.

He needed to be patient.

But his patience was growing thin.

Sinner finds ways to distract himself from darkening thoughts. Desires and opportunities come in waves, but he turns to the only thing he knows he can only have. The very thing that a predator knows so well. The hunt.

He hunts more often lately. Valdis obviously keeps herself occupied with their child on the way. Her belly swells with more life than he imagined. A life that he was looking forward to every moment. There was a love there deeper than anything, but love was something he did not quite understand. Perhaps could never fully do. He is too selfish with his own desires. But Valdis was there now, and that’s all he focused on was her. There did not need to be a label upon what the two were (at least in his mind).

The hound’s ear flickers, hearing the familiar voice carry on the winds of Sylva. His red-yellow eyes turn into the direction Mary comes from. But when he sees her for the first time, in a rather long time, his lips curl into a rather obvious smirk. It seemed dear Mary had been busy of late. But exactly with who?

Sinner moves towards Mary. His smirk remains plastered onto his dark canine jawline, eyes glistening with mischief as he comes closer to the heavily pregnant mare. “Well, well,” he says with a growing smirk hat lifts more in the right corner of his lips. “Mary has been a little busy lately.” He lets out a soft chuckle. The hound does not feel a bit jealous where Mary allows herself to be taken, but he can only hope she is mindful of whom she lets mount her and impregnate her. “I hope you weren’t too reckless.” Because he certainly wouldn’t allow anyone come to try to claim their child to have a go at the Sylva throne, but perhaps Mary has had her own desires laying elsewhere. What are you up to, little Mary?
    Sinner
    the king of sylva
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Mary]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form
    As usual, it did not take long for the hound to slither from his hiding spot. A gentle smile tugs at her lips when he approaches, but quickly fades when she sees the expression on his maw. She couldn't hide her pregnancy, but the bastard was nearly mocking her over it.

Perhaps she would be quicker to shut him up if she had known who the father was, but she just simply didn't know if it was Velk or Raul.

He settles before her, mentioning the child that grew in her belly without mentioning it. She rolled her eyes to the side, he speaks again but this time he finally mentions her unborn child.

Yea yea! I'm sure you have a child projected for the spring? She tilts her head as if she was awaiting confirmation. She could seek of Valdis, but this may be an easier route. It also helped to shift the conversation off her, perhaps he wouldn't bring it up again.

Wrong, he comments again hoping she hadn't been reckless. For the first time ever she was offended by the hound, had he truly thought she would risk the safety of Sylva, or her throne? She snorts in response to his comment Im never reckless. The words harshly slither from her mouth, perhaps the pregnancy hormones were making her sensitive, but she couldn't help but be irked by the very stallion who didn't want another child with her this season.

@[Sinner] pregnant mary is emotional!

there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    Mary clearly wasn’t settled for the way he tossed his comments out to her. But he has never cared for the way another reacts or feels in regards to his words. They were not meant to be friendly at all. simply a harsh reminder to remember where she put herself during the autumn season.

He cannot help but smile at her reaction. Mary would never settle to be backed into a corner, and clearly did not by mentioning the possibility of him having one on the way too. “Of course, I do,” he says as his smile turns into a wide smirk and his eyes glisten with mischief. “It’s a little too late for it to be a problem now though,” he adds as Sinner knows very well Mary is aware of his affections for the dragon-mare. He doesn’t dare hide his affection or lust for her either within Sylva.

“Oh, I know you never are,” he replies back but a part of him does not believe her as her words were harsh and she became pretty irritated suddenly. Sinner wasn’t too keen on pregnant mares. He rather let them be alone and let nature take its course. It wasn’t in him to care for the mother of his children except when the time came for them to come into the world. “I’m just simply reminding you, that’s all.”

His gaze falls along her body then, inspecting her obvious growth. “You seem a big bigger than before.” It was a blunt statement, but he doesn’t care to keep his thoughts to himself. “I guess Sabrina will be having many new siblings this year.” He often doesn’t mention their child, but does not forget his little hellhound-daughter with Mary. “How is she?”
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Mary]
    She was feeling a little bit more emotional than usual, as a result she had a short fuse. Sometimes she tried to bite her tongue, but as truth has it, Sinner can handle it and she finds relief conversing with him.

She was quick to mention another foal from Sinner this season and he confirms. She nearly rolled her eyes but forced them to remain still. She didn't love Sinner, but she certainly didn't like that it was Valdis he filled his time with.
    She just snorts in response to his confirmation, there was little she had to say.

She finishes by noting she is never reckless to which her hellhound companion acknowledges.  He seemed to attempt to smooth it over, and she almost didn't believe it. Noting he was just reminding her, her tense body instantly relaxed when he said that.

Before she could respond he notes her large figure, much larger than with Sabrina. Should it have been her first foal she would not have thought twice about it...but already giving birth once she knew she was far too large for a single foal.

She gives a sigh before responding to the hound. Yes, I suppose she will, let's hope she enjoys being a sister. A small chuckle parts her lips, there daughter could quickly spiral in retaliation of no longer being the sole child, or she could take on the sister role.

Speaking of Sabrina, I hope with your new child you don't consider stripping her of heir? Her hazel eye cocks, a fear that lingered since Valdis snooper around Sylva. Her heart beats fast in the moment she waits for him to respond, there was little she could do if he did pass heir onto the newest child.

@[Sinner]

there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    Their relation together had not grown out of lust or love. It had come from a deep understanding and a desire to achieve more for themselves. Sinner had seen the desire the first day he had met Mary in Sylva when he taken over the autumn territory. But their lives were separate when it came to their own interests in relationships.

It was a delicate balance they both had to keep. Sinner knew it was possible one day they could fall apart. The ending of their relationship would create a disaster, but he would not dare see it come if he must. After all, he has grown to admire Mary over the years as they ruled Sylva together.

But then, there might be a day that comes where it will not be so.

He hopes it does not come to that, truly.

“I am sure she will be happy to have her own little pack to boss around,” he replies with a smile. Sabrina was a wild creature, but he admired every part of the hellhound-mare she was starting to become for being so young.

Mary’s next words make his features turn hard and he doesn’t care to show his anger at them. Sinner might have his interests and lust with someone else, but he would never forget the partnership and child he created with the pastel color-changing mare. “Sabrina is the beacon of Sylva’s future. I will not forget the promise we have made with each other.” It was one thing to consider he would change his mind, but to ask him about it was entirely another.

“But it should only be fair each of our children have a claim to the throne if Sabrina should not want it, or if something tragic were to happen to her.” They may not have another child together, but he would see to it that his own blood would be placed on his rightful half of the throne. “Do you not agree?” He asks, cocking his head as his hard-chiseled features of anger soften slowly.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Mary]

Mary

It was a bold question, possibly coming off that he did not love there daughter. She detects the instant annoyance and perhaps even anger when she asks the question, and when he speaks all of her worries are gone.

He notes that he would never strip Sabrina of her born right, so long as she wants it. She feels slightly embarrassed that she even asked, but love does crazy things. He goes on to note that should Sabrina not want the throne there children, regardless if it is between them should have a claim to the throne.

Mary steps forward, closing the gap between them as she presses her side against his. I am sorry I doubted you...I have just seen love she pauses looking for his gaze or whatever you want to call it, do crazy things. Her mind flicks to her father who had many lovers, he devoted his life to Lepis who never returned it. Her own mother devoted her life to Arthas, but he never matched it.

She wonders if not being Lepis' child held some resentment from her father, and she only wants to protect Sabrina from the same experience. Of course she trusts Sinner with more than she probably should, and he has been a great father that she should never have suspected he would do such a thing.

As for our other children, I agree they should have a claim should Sabrina not want it. I think if that time ever comes than we should have a discussion, deciding together who fits the role best. They can only guide there children to live the life they want, but they Can't for them. Some simply won't want to rule, and that is okay.

She also considers there parents, Valdis' parents rule many kingdoms, which could prove beneficial if they favor there blood family. Which leads her to her next thoughts, who exactly was the father of her children. Sinner.. her voice is shallow, I made a big mistake. For a moment her eyes fall to the ground but she was stronger than that and finds his gaze once again. I....I don't know who the father of my child is...I don't know what to do. Of course both stallions have distinct coloring and surely the foals will have some resemblance. She confides into her partner, hoping to find comfort rather than any further shame.

Long May She Reign

@[Sinner]

there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    Sinner snorts with irritation.

“Do you truly think of me to be a fool, Mary?” He asks bluntly. Even if she apologized, he would to be keen to have his own co-ruler thinking of him being a foolish and sex-crazed idiot. He did not think with his second brain mainly. The intentions he had for Sylva and himself were not fueled by the pleasures he shared with a mare. They were much deeper than that. It’s almost as if Mary was mocking the intelligence of who he was.

He meets her gaze straight on while she has closed the gap between them. “Love does foolish things. I will not let such carelessness become of me.” He stately boldly. Sinner would never let himself fall beneath what he has sworn to do. The hound has seen what love can do to a man. It torments you. It makes you put aside greater things in life. His own mother and father had forsaken their lives for the sake of love.

Mary then speaks about what he proposed. He is glad to hear she does not disagree with him. It was something that would need to be agreed upon at least. Their interests were with others, and along with that came offspring outside of their own shared blood. However, her suggestion adds something more to his proposal. “That would be the best choice,” he agrees. The hound did not want Sylva to be tossed into the wrong hands just as recently Loess has. Sylva would not falter like their ruling kingdom did.

Sinner’s ear flickers at the change of tone in his co-ruler’s voice. Every word she says rings of regret to him. The mistake of her actions causes her to look away from him. But she is better than to lower herself to such things. Mary finds his gaze again. His dark eyes are harder this time when she looks back to him.

She looks at him with eyes that hope for comfort, but he cannot offer her such comfort. It was not who he was. “Really now?” He asks with eyes-wide, but there is disappointment growing in them quickly. “How foolish can you be, Mary.” He pulls away from her, distancing himself a bit from her. “Are you so hungry for affection from anyone that you just open your legs for the first stallion you see?” He shakes his head and snorts for anger now.

He falls silent for a moment, but he does not keep his eyes from swaying away from Mary. “No, you are not that foolish and stupid.” The hound would like to think better of his co-ruler. “You will know exactly who the fathers are when you give birth…” But he cannot help but feel shame and disappointment further. “At least let us hope you can.” Because he will not see Sylva fall because of Mary’s choice. He will not be tainted by it either.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Mary]
    Though it may have been an error for her to think Sinner would throw Sabrina to the side, her apology was not enough. The hound speaks, scolds Mary, his tone remaining harsh.

Her pelt remains brushed against his, even though this conversation has not turned out the way she planned. He notes how love makes you do foolish things, and he would not succumb to it. A bit of reassurance for Mary, that Valdis was only entertainment for the time being. Yes, Sinner, She does not simply give into the backed corner she sits in but she knows she was wrong.

As they move into the conversation of picking a heir should Sabrina not want to rule, they seem to calm all fiery anger. The conversation went calm, and they both agreed on the next step to choosing a heir, should Sabrina pass on it.

But then as she looks for Sinner to confide in, to dump her feelings, she quickly realizes it was another mistake. When he speaks his tone is harsher than ever, she lit a flame she has never seen before.

Again he begins to scold her, even pulling his body away from hers. The words pierce her hormonal heart, he was ice cold today and she has just about had it. I do not seek attention, she retorts to the king, the words slithering from her mouth. I simply enjoy my time with those I surround myself with, similar to you Sinner. Her eyes narrow on the hound, just because he only had Valdis does that mean she can't occupy her time with more than one partner?

As the king speaks for one last time, he notes that she will know who the father is when the child is born. Her ears pin to her dome, her patience completely gone at this point. Yes Sinner, her tone was icy. I will know exactly who the childs father is when it is born, you needn't worry. Her body grew warm with anger, both potential fathers had specific markings that the foal was sure to inherit. She would know as soon as the foal was born. I'm sorry that I chose to confide in you. With her ears remained pinned the mare begins to depart.

@[Sinner] doesn't have to end here if you don't want! He can say more, or stop her.