• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Everything is connected; Ea
    It was time.

Time had become irrelevant to Kha. It was an ever present force but had little effect on him. 

He continued on, stepping and weaving through the murky forest with his eyes closed, his silver mane laying as still as death and his dappled bay coat paled in shadows. He had memorized every tree, every fallen log, and every mossy watering hole that cropped up in his god forsaken haunted forest, - he had perfected not walking straight through them anyways. He had spent years here, watching as Beqanna became nothing and then something all over again. He heard whispers of new lands and new rulers, with new alliances and enemies. He watched others steal away captives through these very woods. Watched lovers become parents. Watched saints commit sins.

It was time, to move on.

He had attempted over and over again to become one with his living body, practiced until he thought his muscles should quiver and his body give out - not that it mattered, he was a ghost after all. His mind may have felt the exhaustion but his body never responded in turn. No one was at fault for leaving him on that devastating day to fend for himself, leaving him trapped in his ghost form. 

He thought this would be his life forever and ever, alone. Not quite dead but not alive enough to have a life. Until he had met a mare, a beckon of light on a storm covered beach, that had brought him falling into his living body the moment he had touched her. She had saved him, but for only a moment. When his eyes fell on her daughter tucked away inside the cave away from the storms beating hands, he had slipped away back to his ghost form in a torrential downpour of emotions. Slinking back to his forest he had mastered his skills only lingering in his living body for a few brief moments, until he was ready to go back to the land of the living.

The time was now, almost.

His body had only aged to that of a yearling colt, though his mind held the knowledge of 30years. He needed to do the one thing he had been skirting around for the last 10 years. He had searched for her for 20 with no evidence of her existence on Beqanna, which could only mean one thing. There could only have been one reason she did not search the heavens and earths for him. He needed to push farther and visit the other side, hoping that he would find no trace of his mother there either. 

He needed to talk to her, see her, embrace her for only a moment before taking on the breathing world, once again.

"Momma, are you here?" he whispered, opening his eyes to find himself encased in a slower, murkier, more suffocating world than he had lived in for the last only god knows how many years.  
    KHA
    it doesn't matter what world you live in; it only matters what world lives in you

@[Ea] I thought it'd be nice for him to talk to his mother one last time before making his official entrance back into Beqanna's society.
    There is nothing here but time.
    Time is slow, or fast, or nonexistent. Ea’s lost track of the days she’s spent here alone, without Ramiel or the comfort of the connection with her mother.
    She was full of life, once. Fiery, vibrant. Sharp. But the afterlife has dulled her, made her a ghost of herself. She remembers how when she first arrived, she watched the bodies that surrounded her: listless, faded. It seemed so impossible that she would become one of them.
    And yet.
    Some days she thinks she’s disappeared altogether. Her physical body died long ago, but perhaps this is her real death: being forgotten by those still living. The most final death of all.
    It seems pointless to walk the same shoreline once again, but she does so anyway. This is where I saw Ramiel after our years apart, she notes to no one in particular, pausing for just a moment before continuing on. A lifetime ago, it seems.
    There is a figure ahead of her, more vivid than the others. Sharper around the edges. She’s planning to pass him by, trudging her way through the fog, until she hears him whisper. Her ears perk, swiveling towards him, and she finds her body moving towards him, legs heavy.
    “Kha?” she chokes.
    Her first son, missing since he was young, before the Reckoning. Memories flood back to her, of her and Ramiel and Kha and Sela curled together at night in the Dale, keeping each other warm; Kha following his older sister, her protector; how serious he was, even then.
    Her coat becomes a little brighter.
    “Oh, Kha, my sweet boy. You shouldn’t be here,” she says, nuzzling him affectionately. She thinks she can even feel when she touches him.

[okay I'm so sorry this is so bad]
    He watched her come to him moving slower than time itself. It had seemed like an eternity as his ghostly heart quickened in happiness, and grief alike. Her touch was unworldly... surreal. Oh, Kha, my sweet boy. You should not be here. her voice seemed muted much like this world and a single tear slipped to his face.

Mom.. I have been searching for you, the entirety of the world I searched always coming back to Beqanna. I am only here for a moment, but you.. his voice quivered, as a lump found it's way to his throat. I had hoped not to find you here He reached out to her, memories of her comfort pouring into him like those torrential waves he had felt the first time he had slipped (more like was shoved) into his living form.

I needed to see you. I needed to find you. I've mastered my abilities, though I'm not sure how much longer I can hold this form. I don't know if I can survive the land of the.. living.. with out you. I haven't been able to find Dad or Sela, either.

Even with the wisdom of many decades he began to crack, his yearling body quivering from the coldness of his emotions he had shoved down for years. He had not allowed himself to feel a thing for what seemed in forever. Mom, what do I  do? he said pulling closer and searching her face for an answer.
    KHA
    it doesn't matter what world you live in; it only matters what world lives in you

@[Ea] <3