• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Sweet Lullaby {Adria|Any}
    The teal filly has explored parts of beqanna, she has met some equines, some more memorable than others. But in her short time alone she heard whispers of Ischia which was inhabited mainly by mares. It sounded life a safe place for her, and perhaps some mares she can look up to.

The trip from the nomad lands to Ischia seemed like an eternity, especially with her lack of patience. She was not like the other foals, much more reserved. She preferred to watch them play, deciding if they would be safe enough to encounter.

The teal filly who had yet to fill out cautiously stood at the border of Ischia. So close to the water the kingdom was much colder than she was used to. Nearly shaking from the cold a quiet almost whisper of a whinny escapes her maw. She didn't want to cross the border uninvited, but it also made her nervous to meet someone new.

@[Adria]

-Adria-

Firstly, Adria hadn’t requested that Ischia become a herd for a power-struggle reason. She wasn’t afraid of the responsibility attached to a higher title, or obsessed with involving herself in the larger play of politics.

Not yet.

She’d wanted this quiet, untouched island to be quiet for a reason. Without making splashes in the world of Beqanna, Ischia would fly under the radar of larger Kingdoms. Her pleasant shores would feel the vibrant life of a few horses and thrive that way. Strategically, the move down from territory to herd was keeping them from destruction and possible land-grabbing. All of this Adria knew, and she thought it over as she walked in the early night air towards the faint whinny.

Without having to really leave the confines of her adrift home, somehow word of the small jungle paradise was beginning to filter out to the common areas and beyond. Seale had come because of it. Now this small girl, smelling heavily of salt and sand from her trip through the waters, had come as well.

“You’re quite brave to swim alone before nightfall.” Adria’s seductively calm voice flowed, like a steady rain that echoed down the beach to soak Vita with comfort. She skimmed on dancer’s hooves across the dark sand and stopped, standing in front of the teal-colored filly with an expectant smile. Byenveni lakay. Welcome to Ischia. Tell me a bit about yourself, please?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Vita]
    Vita

Thankfully she wasn't alone for long, and the mare who accompanies her has the sweetest most welcoming voice. A smile tugs at her lips as she is spoken too, fear controlled her life and she decided in this situation to not let it. She made the trip before nightfall, before she convinced herself to stay in the nomad lands.

Th...thank you, she mutters a response nervous of this stranger that approaches her. But when the beautiful mare appears, she couldn't gaze away. Vita was no stranger to odd colored equines, the young girl sporting a teal coat. But this mare had a beautiful coat of her own.

And orangeish red color that flows down to a color that matches the sand. Vita's eyes flow across the mares body in awe, but when she catches herself doing it she finds herself embarrassed.

Her eyes scan the floor as the mare speaks again, this time she welcomes her to Ischia, and aks about her. My name is Vita, her voice was once again hushes as her eyes draped the sandy floor. I once lived in Nerine...but my family thought it was best to find my own way.. whatever that meant. I was a nomad for a bit..but I heard whispers of Ischia..it seemed to be a home I wanted. Her gaze slowly drifts back to the mares, is this your herdland? She asks the stranger who somehow makes her feel comfortable with no effort.

Fear Controls You

@[Adria]

-Adria-

Vita is blue as Adria is pink, and her white interruptions that look like patches remind Adria of the tiger-striped blooms which grow from vines in her island jungle. Each one was special; they refused to blossom unless the perfect amount of sunlight and water had been given to them. Those blooms, just like Vita, needed the right environment for success.

The teal pegasus hen thinks that Ischia is the soil capable of giving her root. “This is our homeland, if that’s what you want.” Adria replied steadily, turning around and leading the way. If Vita followed she’d leave the glowing water behind. “But why do you want it? That’s what fascinates me.” The Nereid whispered excitedly, turning back every now and then.

“What have you possibly heard about this little place that could make you want to see it for yourself? Even join?” Vita’s guide wondered aloud, brushing past the outer grass and into the firefly-lit tropics. Elephant ear leaves stroked their coats and felt glossy to the touch.

If news of Adria’s alcove has stretched far north as Nerine, then things around here were about to get a bit more noisy.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Vita]
    Vita

Something about Adria made Vita comfortable, perhaps it was a motherly instinct that Vita picked up on. She wasn't sure exactly how this finding a home thing worked, was she supposed to wait in the nomad lands until she was recruited? She only hopes that finding her way to Ischia on her own was not an incorrect measure.

Her gaze that is usually faltered quickly flicks to Adria's as she says Ischia could be there home. A smile that went from ear to ear pulled on her maw, she quickly followed beside the petite leader, entering further into her new home. As the pair walks she asks why Vita wants to call Ischia her home.

She remains silent for a few moments, gathering all her thoughts in her mind before confessing them to the open air. Well, her voice was soft and sweet, it is quiet, and it seems to be friendly without pressure lingering..... She left out the part that she was instantly drawn to Adria and she now can't imagine living in a home far from her.

She takes in all of the scenery around her as they walk together, greenery that she has never seen before. Flowers of all vibrant colors, grass the looks luscious and softer than Nerine's was, and best of all Nerine and Ischia share a beach that will always bring her back to her childhood. Are there many others that live here? Or has the silence tricked her, she wonders.

Fear Controls You

@[Adria]