• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents]

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    The knabstrup hybrid can only hope to be attractive - in the literal sense of the word. She wants Nerine active and busy with life again; if it is longing for past times or simply wanting to restore the kingdom in the north because it needs perspective and a future again, remains a question unasked. She only knows she desires it to be less empty.

Aten’s visit then, surely brightens her day. Her opening question is met with an open answer, and the young mare, although she never was a mother to anyone, nods gravely. ”It’s good that she finds security with you and still can go her own way. Though, for Brine’s sake I hope she will visit soon. I don’t know if the separation was a good thing for her. She’s… she retreats, more often than not. Though she can be pleasant company if she feels secure.” Can be, because she usually does not feel secure around most. Nevertheless, one on one Eurwen finds she is a nice mare to be around, even with her face showing her all sorts of emotions like a mirror. Brine is a refreshing break from Neverwhere, that’s for sure.

Nevertheless, Wen does not feel like gossiping, eagerly accepting Aten’s return questions. ”I’ve been restoring for a year. I can make the trip to the Field more easily again, so I will do it more often.” she informs him - letting him know she will not sit idly by and watch Nerine become, or stay, the silent-like land it seems to be in the moment. There are wanderers in the salt-shored kingdom, but they seem to hide beneath the grey rocks, unwilling to challenge the world, in a way.

”Heartfire left the kingdom to Neverwhere.” she tells Aten; watching his facial expression sideways. ”In a rather unusual way. Seems like she was in a hurry, from the way Neverwhere talks about it.” Or doesn’t, really. So Eurwen deduces what needs to be done to keep the kingdom alive, and sets to it without complaint. Neverwhere still has to adjust to her title, but Eurwen, having been trained for a year, at least remembers where to start. The silver dapple mare will certainly pick it up soon, she thinks.

After all, being present is the key, and the way how, doesn’t matter as much as the fact that one is seen.

@[Aten] here have a phone post before I sleep. Sorry for the delay!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents] - by Eurwen - 01-09-2020, 05:34 PM