• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  washing machine heart
    elio
    gone was the way we were, just like the days we'd burn
    The last thing Elio expects is to be interrupted while chatting with the birds. He knows that talking at creatures that cannot talk back is not the most . . . sane action, but he usually sits in the comfort of knowing no one is watching. Naive, yes, but Loess is large and the pegasus cannot say he cares for the thoughts of its residents.

Elio whirls to peer at a pretty girl that had obviously been watching him from the beginning. It is clear that there is no way out of this, and the violence that his heart sometimes longs for begins to claw ugly hands up his throat. He swallows that anger born of fear, though—remembering what comes of those that give into their selfishness. He is a stoic, thoughtful creature; though not kind, he is unwavering and moral.

And that is why when Elio meets Alaska’s gaze, it is just as unblinking and steady as hers. He lets the silence stretch for a few moments longer before answering.

“I find it hard to believe someone can walk this earth and not think anything terrible.” Jealousy tears viciously at his searching heart. He wishes to know what it feels like to not grapple with anger and fear as he does. It is not all he has ever known but the pain has painted even his earliest childhood memories in a new light.

“I know that I certainly have,” this he adds with a soft, rueful smile. “But now I’m curious. How do you not think anything truly terrible?”

Messages In This Thread
    washing machine heart - by elio - 01-07-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: washing machine heart - by alaska - 01-08-2020, 01:09 AM
    RE: washing machine heart - by elio - 01-14-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: washing machine heart - by alaska - 01-21-2020, 12:24 AM
    RE: washing machine heart - by elio - 01-28-2020, 04:27 PM
    RE: washing machine heart - by alaska - 02-22-2020, 06:01 PM