• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you were made to meet your maker, any
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    Does Gospel know the curse that festers and burns in each of them, but never in Prayer? It gives them the gift of hunger that is never sated, even on the bones of the most holy to them. Sabbath, like her young niece, will never know satisfaction in any meal or any love that might find its way to her. The world could break itself open and offer her its core and it would never be enough to fill her belly. She knows, even as her fangs find the girl’s flesh, that her death will never fill the hole that Prayer’s has already formed.

When the girl speaks, she laughs and sends speckles of her blood back at her. It drips down her chin and she remembers what it means to take from another. Her tongue slithers from her lips and she licks it from her teeth.

It will be better when you stop breathing. When I listen to Adna mourn your death, I can stop mourning Prayer,” she spits, sucking in a breath between her teeth when the girl’s fangs swipe down her cheek. It doesn’t take long for the muscles of her jaw to ache with Gospel’s venom but she forces it to keep snapping anyway.

We have suffered enough when we’re fucking drowning in it!” Her voice is a roar of rage and her body is trembling with exhaustion but she continues just the same. Reign and Eucharist need her, she knows, but how can they be safe if she allows this child to live?

But finally she stops, chest heaving with gasping breaths as she watches her niece closely. She has given birth so recently that she struggles to maintain the sort of vigor she normally maintains. If she survives then Sabbath will hunt her again after her strength returns.
    @[gospel]

Messages In This Thread
    you were made to meet your maker, any - by gospel - 01-17-2020, 12:57 AM
    RE: you were made to meet your maker, any - by Sabbath - 01-17-2020, 01:56 AM