• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Knowing where the rocks lie; any

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    She is approached by a skeleton of a mare - a ghost of a beautiful woman, she sees: having been like that only just a year ago, she noticed how badly the woman is out of shape but also sees what she had been before, or what she could be. After all, she’d watched the process of healing up close - every time she looked in a clear puddle of water over the course of the last year or so.

She remembers Ori, instantly feeling like she should visit her, as a friend, not as a diplomat to Loess.

The mare still has a voice, and a look in her eyes saying she is not as lost as Eurwen was. Again she remembers her conversation - discussion - argument - with her friend and she decides to take on a similar mantle with the newcomer.

”I don’t mind at all, but please eat and drink something while you do. You look like you’re falling apart.” She’d rather not have to add the navy-marked mare to her conscience, but she estimated it might be a little late for that. The least she could do was to try and force her to undo some of the damage.

”Don’t get me wrong, a year ago I looked like you.” A small smile follows. ”I’m Eurwen, by the way.”

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 01-22-2020, 12:02 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 01-24-2020, 03:02 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 01-28-2020, 12:26 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 07:03 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 02-03-2020, 05:26 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 10:15 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 02-11-2020, 04:08 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 04-05-2020, 12:09 AM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 04-30-2020, 11:14 AM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 09:01 PM