• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM
    She calls, and I come obligingly. Already, having only been back a few short months, I sense something extraordinary with my darling niece. She’s of Rodrik, and of Kagerou and Rhaego; we both are of something great, something above our heads which we stretch and grope at but only ever can touch when times are dire. I suppose the Chamber direly needed a new ruler when Straia usurped. Having seen Rodrik, however, I must say that this better be damn worth it.

The ash which stubbornly floats around the Chamber turns my glorious gold-buckskin coat to soot. It is disorienting to be dulled like this, utterly plain. But I suppose that I needn’t fear. I’ve no damsels to flirt with, no fillies to grow into mares with my words. I’m completely and utterly claimed, as the rose-gold chevron on the top of my right from leg says. I’m absurdly delighted in my takenness, for it is Pomona who holds my heart. And Bergamot, too. So I needn’t fear of ash.

When I arrive at the kingdom meeting, Warship is speaking quietly to Erebor, whom I have had the pleasure to meet. A small smile lifts the corners of my fine lips, for I catch some of what the general says. ”You needn’t forget of your great-grandparents, oh grand-nephew.  You have leopard-blood and the patience of a silent warrior within you.” Satisfied with my elusive description of Kagerou and Rhaego, I settle next to Straia, waiting for whomever else may deem the meeting approachable.

A rather dusty bay-freckled mare joins us, though she says nothing. Cocking a brow, I allow my amber gaze to drift across her young, supple body. ”Well,” I chuckle, ”Aren’t you a talkative one.” Eager to know the latest member of the Chamber, I take a step forward. ”Go on now, what are you called? I’m Kavi, if you care to know. I’m the Governor around here, and uncle of the Queen. But titles mean so little, do they not?” Grinning charismatically – I really am quite a fool when allowed to speak – I settle back into a comfortable position, waiting for her name to come.

Messages In This Thread
    out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Straia - 04-03-2015, 06:56 PM
    There will be scars. - by Erebor - 04-03-2015, 10:04 PM
    RE: out of the ashes - all kingdom - by Warship - 04-06-2015, 11:36 AM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Shaytan - 04-08-2015, 12:44 PM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Kavi - 04-09-2015, 12:13 AM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Shaytan - 04-10-2015, 07:17 PM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Straia - 04-15-2015, 11:41 AM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Erebor - 04-17-2015, 12:01 AM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Kavi - 04-19-2015, 05:08 PM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM
    RE: out of the ashes - ALL KINGDOM - by Erebor - 04-26-2015, 11:27 PM