• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A light from the shadows shall spring; Velkan

I’m still decorated in the flowers Millie gave me this morning and, though I wish to move, I am doing so very carefully so that I don’t disturb them. It’s the nature of things that they will fall eventually, but I’m hoping to prolong their presence in my life as long as possible. Perhaps my glacial speed is why a bird mistakes my antlers for a tree branch.

I freeze out of instinct as soon as it lands. My black eyes try to peer upwards and I’m able to catch the sight of some rather fetching gold and green plumage.

I would have talked to it any way - I talk to just about anything, you know - but it beats me to it! Considering everything in my life, a talking bird is not all that surprising, but it is different enough. It makes me wonder whether it is actually a horse in bird shape (a type of magic that I am almost painfully jealous of - to change your shape so you do not look as you were born).

But, even if it is only just a bird, I don’t want to be rude.

“Good morning to you as well.” And then I falter a little bit because what do you talk about with birds? I’ve eaten one before and didn’t care for it - all the tiny bones and feathers - but I’m not about to say that out loud. “Is the uh… flying good today?”

v e l k a n

artwork by reitro

@[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A light from the shadows shall spring; Velkan - by Velkan - 02-14-2020, 05:36 PM