• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | elio

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

Elio has been toying with his invisibility ever since his encounters with Alaska and Darkling. To meet a pair of souls so free of responsibility in their own unique ways . . . his heart beats wildly at just the idea of it. So, when they parted Elio got to thinking, Why don’t I use my magic more? Besides healing a few scrapes and bruises and hiding when a predator is nearby, the winged stallion hardly exercises his power.

Invisibility is quite a power to have. Elio knows this and perhaps that is why he is so hesitant to use it. The world still exists in black and white, but . . . just a tiny bit of gray mingles in, now. Like using invisibility to spy on conversations that might aid in finding his father. Or practicing his stealth on little forest creatures so as to make sure he is prepared for anything. Games . . . just games, he tells himself. There’s no reason my morality has to swing harshly in either direction. He is not a neutral creature, absolutely not—but that wiggling compass of his certainly has the ability to point to militant morality.

(Morality at all costs.)

So, Elio is invisible when he first takes flight. He knows now is about the time to meet his mother, but he can’t resist the thrill of the spring air against a body he cannot see. The pegasus flaps lazily in that direction, spotting his cream and navy mother and circling above her for a few moments.

Elio is getting better at flight (his wings being something he has been playing with recently, as well), so he attempts a harsh dive that ends with a rough landing. “Oof,” Elio exhales, prancing in place and shaking out his mane. “Hey, Mom,” he greets with a handsome, lopsided smile, then starts. “Oh!” A laugh peals from his throat and suddenly he is visible again. “Sorry.”

[Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 02-04-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 02-23-2020, 12:44 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 02-26-2020, 07:56 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 03-03-2020, 08:50 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 04-11-2020, 11:21 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 04-12-2020, 09:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by elio - 04-19-2020, 02:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | elio - by Lepis - 04-22-2020, 01:14 PM