• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    If Starsin had stolen someone else’s life, then Ophanim doesn’t seem the least bit offended by it. He has always built his dreams around her, always called her name in his sleep. Who else could ever pull him from the depths of despair and find a way to bring light to his life when everything feels so dark? He knows the answer, and that is why he smiles so proudly at his newborn children with her. It’s the only thing he’s ever been certain he knew in all his life.

He laughs easily when she nips at him and corrects him. Of course he still thinks she is the source of their children’s beauty, but he doesn’t argue any further. Instead he watches their darker daughter stumble up beside her twin. There’s a short squeak of surprise when the brighter girl’s nose finds the other’s skin but she doesn’t seem offended by the gesture. Ophanim exhales slowly, as though he is filled to the brim with his joy and sudden movements might shatter him.

Names. He never thinks of names until the last minute, he realizes, and he laughs nervously. Ophanim stalls for a moment as he kisses their faces for the millionth time. The darker girl seems to bask in her parents’ affections, lifting her head and smiling when her mother presses her lips to her small forehead. What names could ever be perfect enough for them? He considers a host of names before tossing them aside. Starsun? No, that’s just silly. Max? Too simple. Ophie Jr? As if.

Pandemonium and.. and Pleasure?” he asks, tilting his head as he considers which twin is which. Only then does it dawn on him that one child is entirely unlike either parent, nor is she like her siblings.

I wonder why she’s not as bright as her sister,” he thinks aloud, watching her with her mauve halo turning above her head. She lifts her gaze to meet his and snorts softly, clearly unhappy with his observations as she tucks herself against Starsin. “Oh. That one’s Pleasure.
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Starsin - 03-18-2020, 02:33 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 04-16-2020, 01:46 PM