• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and at once I knew, I was not magnificent [Adaline]

— A D A L I N E —
    your mouth is poison; your mouth is wine
    (you think your dreams are the same as mine)

His words are kind enough that she is able to forget the painful first encounter, releasing it to the wind with ease. She was used to the pain; one like her could not survive if she did not learn to heal and forgive quickly. She laughs softly at herself at his suggestion and ruffles the wings at her sides again. “Perhaps,” she says thoughtfully before looking up at him again, “although it may be for the best that I cannot fly.” She pauses for a second before shrugging her fragile shoulders. “I wouldn’t exactly survive the fall.”

The tragic story of her life.

But, right now, that did not seem to bother her. Not when she was in the company of a stallion with kind eyes and an even kinder smile. “Company,” she answers honestly when he asks her why she had arrived to the Meadow today, although the answer is probably not as honest as it could have been. If she had been truly honest with him, and herself, she would have told him she was here because she was always looking for something: adventure, passion, love. Because she was foolhardy enough to think she may find it.

“What about you, Ledger?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and at once I knew, I was not magnificent [Adaline] - by adaline - 08-23-2015, 05:17 PM