• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Mine is a Quest for a Mouthful of Skies
    NASHUA

Oh, there is something on her face that makes him think of Taiga in a windstorm. She is like the angriest part of the branches about them, waving and too proud to break. She’s looking all around this forest (for who, he wants to ask? Who could be out there?)

But then he remembers.
    The trees could be listening.

He comes closer, one slow step after another until he is peering up at her. If she intends to share whatever the woods can’t know, he’d like to be close enough to hear. Not here, she grins and it fires Nashua’s own. His mother isn’t here either.

That leaves just the pair of them, electrifying the air around them with possibilities. As if she means to to share them with him, she drops to her knees. She comes closer, bringing all those things he’s wondering about with her. The flaxen colt comes closer, comes closer enough to see the stark white of her star. He takes another step, wanting to know what else she has buried beneath her forelock. What secrets might she have?

His ears flick back in agreement with what she says. He knows that feeling well enough. Nashua has gone plenty of places that he was not supposed to.

There is danger and a dare lurking beneath her words He hasn’t fallen yet - not really. Not beyond the few feet that he’s been able to sustain himself off the ground. There has been no plummeting, no diving from any great height.

It’s a thought but she strikes it in him. Maybe he just isn’t trying high enough.

"I’m not,” he says (though that’s a lie - Nash has been scared of plenty of things.) He wants, though. His want overrides whatever instinct might have told him to turn around.

Firing his rapt attention on her, fixing her with his own sharp green-eyed stare, he counters. "Why should I be afraid?”

and for every king that died
    they would crown another

@[Popinjay] aaannddd this bloodline is doomed
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Warrgarble - by Nashua - 04-21-2020, 06:29 PM
    RE: Warrgarble - by Popinjay - 04-21-2020, 07:57 PM
    RE: Mine is a Quest for a Mouthful of Skies - by Nashua - 04-23-2020, 06:51 PM