• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She sells seashells by the sea shore // Warbird
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

It was odd to hear her name on his tongue, and dirt a moment she wondered if she shouldn't have given him a false one. Kept her anonymity in what was meant to be a one night stand. Too late to take it back, however, and she accepted his own offering of a name in turn. 

"Warbird," she repeated, feeling the strangeness of it. It made sense when he said that he was from far away. His name was more direct than most, and vaguely she wondered if there was meaning behind it. Did it really matter though? She had no intention of lingering. Her gleaming body shivered under boys touch, memory of other wings surfacing without invitation in her mind. She beat them away like surly jellies. Other memories. That was what she needed. 

She smiled awkwardly at his compliment and following question, a shrug rolling across her pale shoulders. "Oh. Um. Thank you," her mouth touched on the words, smile turning wry. "They're simple enough, as long as I spend time in the water every day. Otherwise they dry and flake and itch." She was as sea bound as they came while she wore her preferred skin. The cost of being a nereid, yet it was far better to her than her dull equine coat. That she wore only when making long treks inland. 

The call of home had been sitting at the back of her mind, and now she leaned into it. She'd had her night of fun. Now the real world needed her. Her tail swayed uncertainly against her hocks as she considered what next to say. "Thank you again, for-" a short laughing exhale "this. Thank you for this, mister Warbird. I've got to be heading home, but I hope you have a good rest of your day. Feel free to look me up if you ever visit Ischia." Her head bobbed agreeably, a few paces taking her closer to the river's banks, closer to home.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Warbird]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Warbird - by Aquaria - 04-24-2020, 09:26 AM