• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how simple my heart
    DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP LOVING YOU
    NOW THAT I KNOW YOU SO WELL

"Oh, you would love the volcano," Mako quips with a grin, forelock falling over one of her eyes. She hides there, shyly, peering at her grandfather through wavy white locks.

Salem shuffles pleasantly on Castile's back, stepping merrily to express her delight with being compliment. She coos and tucks her wings tighter to her sides, eyes closing pleasantly. Mako leans to the side to stare at Salem, the stray hairs over her eye falling to the side. You're such a twit, she thinks. The dove projects the feeling of faux-woundedness, then turns her back to preen her feathers.

Mako has heard all the stories about Loess burning down Tephra, and visiting the land made her feel a sense of mourning. Studying the colorful tropical flowers made her see Castile in a new light, but not a dim one. She thinks the way she views him now suits this new man, and that leaves a pleasant warmth in her belly.

"My grandfather? Listening?" the girl teases, then beckons Salem to get off Cas' back. The dove begrudgingly obliges, finding a nice little nest between Mako's ears.

A gentle breeze blows by as a somber look crosses Mako's face. "I've been listening more, too," she murmurs. Listening to Salem, to the whisper of the trees, to the creaks and groans of a Beqanna aching beneath its major leaders. "It does wonders, doesn't it? Sometimes, when I wander close to the Beach, I think I can hear mom." Mako doesn't know what her mother's voice sounds like, but it's easy to imagine. She's sure they'd sound just alike.

MAKO

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    how simple my heart - by mako - 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-13-2020, 08:12 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-20-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-26-2020, 02:41 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-30-2020, 01:34 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 05-06-2020, 01:58 AM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 05-07-2020, 02:03 PM