• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom
    I wanted to leave something besides a blood trail,
    besides prayers growing stale on my tongue.

Cellar listens carefully as they each voice their opinion, each arguing their idea of strength or what would drive respect into the hearts of any would be enemies. These are new concepts to her entirely. Her bright eyes trail to each one as she drinks in their information before deciding that they may be correct in thinking that respect would bring them greater power than fear. She also learns from the mothers as they speak of the things they would do to protect their offspring, and she is certain to hang on every word. (Would her mother ever seek her out? Would she recognize her?)

She blinks as she brushes the thought from her mind. Whoever her mother was, she probably had no time for a thing such as Cellar. These mothers kept their offspring close and seemed to ignite themselves at the mere idea of having their bloodline threatened. Perhaps motherhood was something only a few were cut out for. She decides it is not for her.

The serpent girl does not know what mazes or labyrinths are and so she finds little interest in the talk of such a thing. She only loops back in when they mention the necessity of a magician, a word that is also foreign but intriguing. Her previous master had been skilled in certain arts but she did not think they required an illusionist such as him. Perhaps something less abstract was more within their requirements? Still, she knew no one in this land except her father, her queen, and Gryffen.

"I would assist Gryffen in this hunt for a.. magician?" she says with a light tilt of her head. The word is unusual to pronounce for her but she manages all the same. The word 'raid' invokes an image of battles and bloodshed in her mind and, judging by the looks in a few Chamber members' eyes, she's on the right path.

"As for a raid, I will do as you request of me."

Her eyes shift to Gryffen as she finishes speaking, deciding to let him continue to hold her leash for the time being. He hadn't disproven his worth despite the differences in his style and bloodthirst. It seemed safe to leave her trust with him for a while.

I could give you my body, my flesh,
    offer it up like a sacrifice, like a banquet.
    C

E

L

L

A

R

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Gryffen - 08-16-2015, 01:39 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Gryffen - 08-23-2015, 11:03 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by cellar - 08-24-2015, 02:57 AM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Gryffen - 09-01-2015, 02:46 PM