• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Ice forged in fire - any

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He would have had a load of fun if he had been a mind-reader, for sure - especially with Nashua, who still doesn’t know what to make of the dragon before his eyes. Leilan has half a heart to leave him guessing, though now that he is no longer as cranky due to his hunger, he can cut the yearling male some slack, he supposes - and Oceane as well, maybe.

Swallowing his meal for now, he assesses the leftovers shortly, as well as eyeing the two horses nearby. Oceane is clearly unhappy smelling the dead dear, and the boy... hmm, could use a better example, he supposes. Thus decided, the ice dragon dips his head into the running river to clean it, as well as swallowing a gulp of the cold water to clench his thirst. A small shake relieves him of most of the dripping liquid, and is followed by an icy breath that encases the deer carcass. He’ll find a way to transport it later, or perhaps he’ll come back for it himself; at any rate, it’s not yet a claim for the crows, and it will be preserved and non-stinky.

He seats himself near them, an follows with a very horse-like snort towards the young boy. ”I know the distance between Taiga and the River fairly well, Lilli-boy.” he tilts his head, seeing as he has not heard the boy’s name - and starts to wonder how thick he is exactly for a moment - then shrugs. ”By dragon-wing, I’d say it’s about the same as from Taiga to the Isle.” he adds with a knowing smile, thinking he gave the hint pretty stylishly.

At Oceane’s comment, he tilts his head towards her, his eyes losing any yellows or greens, making room for a warmer brown as he gives her a nod. ”When you visit, maybe bring him along?” They both have to see - have to understand why he doesn’t visit Loess any more, at least why he hasn’t done so recently. Besides, it’ll be fun to see Cinder again, he thinks. The boy’s a budding energy bubble, and he could use someone more light-hearted around, at least for the day.

Boys will be boys, for sure, and the dragon outs a short, loud rumbling laugh at the yearling’s question. ”I’m right here, kiddo.” Still no name. ”How about an introduction, ey? I’m Leilan from Icicle Isle, that’s Oceane from Loess.” he starts, curling his ice-spiked tail along his body, the tip swaying sideways however so as not to reach either horse before him. He awaits the boy’s introduction curiously, thinking Lilliana would have taught him better manners than that, no doubt.

@[Oceane] @[Nashua]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Ice forged in fire - any - by Leilan - 04-25-2020, 07:42 AM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Oceane - 04-25-2020, 06:08 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Nashua - 04-25-2020, 07:04 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Leilan - 04-27-2020, 06:41 AM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Oceane - 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Nashua - 05-02-2020, 01:35 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Leilan - 05-03-2020, 02:09 PM
    RE: Ice forged in fire - any - by Oceane - 05-05-2020, 08:08 PM