• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you
    Her amethyst eyes miss nothing as she spots the gathering group, a part of her was hoping that this would not turn into a spectacle but a larger part of her was relieved that other Taigans had assembled. Whatever the outcome here today, she wanted the other residence to have a say in it - whatever their individual opinions may be. Today she would not reach out to them with her gift, she did not want to hinder their emotions and opinions.

She listens to Elio, dissecting his rebuttal while also taking into account the words of a stranger sorrel chestnut man. She had not met him before but the way he sidles up to Nash she makes a mental note to talk with him after their gathering is figured out who he was and why he was here, it is the least she could do for Lilliana while she was on her stolen mission.

Lethy is not put off by Elio’s words, but instead bolstered with confidence as she moves closer to the boy. The scar across her face is highlighted in the setting sun, all the raw edges that had never healed quite right through childhood and her adult life casting calloused shadows across the dull pink flesh. The kindness that is forever settled into her amethyst eyes hardens into a deep, royal purple as she looks at him at eye level. The leadership of Taiga is not about a claim, my dear child. Aten did not claim his right through birth, or family, but through the leaders before him who found him worthy of it. I have stood by his side for many years, as well as Lilliana. I understand that it was not your choice to leave Taiga, and I am filled with gratitude that you would return now. I just had hoped it would be under better terms. Not once have I denied your ties to Loess, but as the sorrel has pointed out it is not you that has created those ties. Your mother forced those ties upon Taiga during her rule. Is there anyone aside from your mother who you have learned from? If she is the only one you have followed and listened to, how are we as a territory to believe you do not follow her same morals and ideals? Longing to unite the land under your terms. Lethy tilts her head as she contemplates the boy in front of her. It is not that she does not trust Elio completely but she’ll be damned if she is to be taken as a fool. Where Aten is trusting to a fault, Lethy trusts only until she is given a reason not too and though she hates to judge solely on family ties the well being of Taiga is to precious to simply hand it over to the Lepis/Bane family once more on a promise of best interest at heart.

There are already plans at work for the conflict between Pangea and Nerine, but your points do not go unacknowledged. Taiga is in need of protectors, so many of our inhabitants are still children. I can not give you leadership over Taiga, that is my final decision - and I am sure Lilliana would agree with me if she were here, but I can offer you a position in which you can prove your actions are just and your intentions are loyal to Taiga. I can offer you the position of Champion. She pauses a moment to let her offer sink in. Her deep, amethyst eyes rest on each individual who had gathered, waiting only a moment for any objections. As Champion you will have the opportunity, like you wish, to look for and gather prospects for a contingent of protectors only to be utilized in matters of threats. Taiga has not been nor will it be a violent territory that acts first. You will be under the supervision of Lilliana when she returns, until you have proven that your appearance today wasn’t for any other reason than for the betterment of Taiga. This is what I can offer, for now. she did not back away when she was done. She would not be looked at as weak or movable in her position

@[Celina] @[Nashua] @[elio] @[Castile]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Izora Lethia - 05-04-2020, 06:58 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM