• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've got some secrets i forgot to mention
    Nimble as a silver minnow, the gold coated boy flittes between the waves and the sand. He was dizzy with life, with his own existence, and sheer joy of existing outside of a shell. Boyish laughter spun across the cove as wave after wave rolled over and around him. Seafoam clung to his skin when he returned to the dry sand, flopping to the shore with a happy huff. 

Gritty bits of sand stuck to his wet skin as he contemplated napping in the warm patch of sun. He could see his sister bobbing in the water. Light gleamed darkly on her wet head and back, a clear contrast between the filly and the water. "Don't go too far, Kai!" He called out with as much authority as a weeks old colt can manage over his minutes younger sister. 

His eyes were growing heavy, halfway shut when a voice not his sister's answered. It wasn't his mother or older brothers either. Suddenly wide awake, the goldish colt stumbled to his feet, blinking at the face of a stallion bobbing just off shore. Marianas shot a look to his sister, about as curious as he was leery of the newcomer. 

There were very few horses outside of family the twins had met yet. None of which had been anything but happy and kind to the new twins. Ma had always been present, of course, but so far their precedent for new faces had been a good one. The fin crested colt shrugged. "She's out. Paro- pato-" he paused, consternation wrinkling his baby brow. "She's walking 'round the island." Close enough. 

Lots of horses needed his mom. She was Dame, and that meant she was the boss of the island. Sort of. That wasn't quite how she'd put it, but that was how it made sense to the young boy, and he figured that this stallion was one more islander with questions for his ma. 

@[Ivar] @[Kaimana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some secrets i forgot to mention - by Marianas - 05-06-2020, 09:11 AM