• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i dare you to do something; any
    He is still new to this world, and he learns all the time about new, terrifying things.

He is just shy of his second year and finds himself wandering for the most part - sometimes as a horse, and other times as a dog. He had been born in a kingdom called Loess, but Brink had quickly grown bored of her as she had her other son. He has met Malcontent once, and the older boy had given Augustus quite the fright, with his sharp teeth and hungry smile. The beautiful kelpie was a fearsome sight, and Augustus harbors little love for his family.

His travels have taken him along the outskirts of several different kingdoms and territories, but he hasn’t yet been brave enough to explore them and maybe choose a home. He avoids Loess - that place had been enveloped by turmoil as the king lost his grip on his sanity - and it isn’t until his paws touch the border of Taiga that he feels a sort of call. Curious and nervous he treads slowly into the forest that stretches endlessly before him, unaware of the trouble brewing within the seemingly peaceful borders.

It isn’t long until he hears a sound, and he freezes as a melancholy howl echoes in the sky. It is almost pure instinct that drives the dingo to lift his own head and answer the call, his own voice joining in on her brief song.

Worried for the wolf, he hurries forward through the trees, slowly only when the only form of a black mare appears in a clearing ahead. An ear is flicked in his direction and she snaps out a threat, but a whine falls from Augustus’s lips as he wonders what pains her so.

Slowly, he lowers himself onto his belly, whimpering softly as he crawls from the trees into the opening. Once closer he rolls into his side, submitting to the mare who had howled such a sad song. “I didn’t mean to disturb you,” he murmurs quietly, not daring to meet her eyes yet.

Messages In This Thread
    i dare you to do something; any - by Caw - 05-07-2020, 10:14 PM
    RE: i dare you to do something; any - by augustus - 05-07-2020, 10:48 PM
    RE: i dare you to do something; any - by Risk - 05-07-2020, 10:58 PM
    RE: i dare you to do something; any - by Caw - 05-08-2020, 12:10 AM