• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

caught in the afterglow; any

”You are generous in your assessment” the elder mare replies, and to this Catcher smiles a tad impishly, turning her head in such a way to make the chaotic knot of her forelock fall to cover an eye.  “I think you meant truthful in my assessment,” she remarks with youthful confidence and a shallow decisive nod of her head.  The scarring of her grandmother’s face had gone largely unnoticed initially, only garnering attention when the perfect imperfection caught a faint strand of the filtered sunshine as Kagerus moved to brush the girl’s tangled locks away.  There was a story behind it - she could tell - and it was one she’d love to learn someday.

“Kerrigan,” she said quietly in answer to the inquiry of her mother’s identity, still reveling in the warm compliments and touch of her grandmother.  “I don’t know if I have any siblings,” she murmured with downcast eyes.  Thinking of her mother and father dampened the lightness of her expression, reminding her of how long it had been since she had made contact with either of them.  But it was okay, she’d see them again eventually.  And she had plenty to remind her of them! “Actually, I got a little bit of both my parents,”she said proudly.  Taking a step away from the bay washed mare, the young mare shifts, narrowing into the sinewy shape of an anaconda.  “My mother is a shifter too and of course, I got the dream weaving gift from dad.  Well...really I got that from you I suppose.”   She smiles toothily and as well as a serpent can manage before warping back.  It was doubtful the snake had scared her grandmother, but she didn’t like keeping that form for too long, as it did seem to make people more nervous than not.

Cather lapses into silence as Kagerus segues into the last of her inquiries, rendering her eager ears into chaos as they drank in what the mare had to offer.  “Your family sounds lovely!  Congratulations on the expected little ones or... my future aunts and uncles….I guess?” her face scrunched into a look of mild confusion, feeling the weight of how strange that sort of sounded once she had said it aloud.  But nonetheless, it was still something to be excited about - the fact that a part of her family was well and thriving made her throat clench tightly with foreign emotion.  She didn’t know them yet, but she wanted to, and some part of her already loved them.

And then she clutches at the last snippet of wisdom, thinking back to what Kagerus had mentioned of the dreamscape, “Will you show me what you know?”

CATCHER
    caught in the afterglow

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 08-18-2019, 07:27 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 08-24-2019, 04:42 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 04-26-2020, 06:51 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 04-28-2020, 04:53 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 04-29-2020, 03:24 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 04-29-2020, 04:38 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Catcher - 05-20-2020, 08:29 AM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; any - by Kagerus - 05-21-2020, 11:55 AM