• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Yadigar, Any
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

I feel my guard slip down as soon as the familiar shape of the dragon boy emerges from the landscape. Here on this shining beach, on a new day, a new chapter of my life, I feel hope flutter in my chest. I buck lightly, magenta hooves striking the pebbley beach with a clatter. 

"I found you!" I cry out in pure joy, forgetting my exhaustion for the moment. My muzzle reaches for his to snuffle affectionately, drinking in his comfortingly familiar scent.  Later, when things are calm, I will find some secret place to sleep. Then reality will find me, and I will have to come to terms with what I've done. What other options did I have, though? No good ones, as far as I can tell. 

I breath a happy sigh and come to a rest by the siblings I've found, my eyes traveling between the pair. There's not much resemblance between them, at least not outwardly. Their thoughts though, are a different matter. 

A silly grin lights up my face where new lightning flickers down my nose. "I did!" I crow, my smile widening. "My mother was going to give me to some island king up North. So! I ran away instead." My declaration is matter of fact, the true horror of the statement glossed over with adrenaline. I've escaped, and that's all that matters right now. That, and that I've found my one friend in the world. 

I turn my smile to his shining sister, and find her softness gratifying now that I no longer feel hunted. "We met at the playground," I shrug, wondering briefly why it was only the brother who I'd met that day. Where had Cirilla been while we played? "I'm glad I'm here too. Anywhere is better than where I've been. I'll be your friend too, Cirilla." I puff with naive certainty. My life has not been easy so far, but I haven't yet learned that things can always get worse. 

My smile goes absent for a moment, and I lose focus as their second voices vye for attention in my mind. I giggle a little, nose wrinkled prettily. "You two should talk more!" I scold teasingly. "Then you might not think your dad likes one more than the other. I bet Phyx thinks the same thing too about one of you. She's your sister too, right?" I ask, trying to place the name to the family. 

They've both thought of her, but I also wonder why they're competing for their dad's favor if he's as scary as Gar thinks he is. Maybe Cirilla is actually lucky that she isn't the focus of the stallion's energy?

TARTE

@[cirilla] @[yadigar]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-03-2020, 12:35 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-03-2020, 09:56 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-04-2020, 01:24 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 06-12-2020, 01:15 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-12-2020, 10:03 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-12-2020, 10:33 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 06-16-2020, 01:26 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-25-2020, 09:38 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-28-2020, 06:29 PM