• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

No mile as long as the one that leads home - Brennen, any
    so give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
    'cause oh that gave me such a fright
    He waits patiently, following her gaze back to the colt. He’s favoring a wing slightly but not enough to really cause concern; more surprising is when he suddenly becomes two foals, darting around Leilan. Still, he does not allow any surprise or uncertainty to show on his face when he decides to leave entertaining the child to Leilan, and looks up to meet his Queen’s gaze again.

Brennen does frown a little bit at the marks on her hide, wondering why an attack hadn’t pinged on his spiderweb of magic. Perhaps something to do with the way they were still dancing around each other – or perhaps the emotions she’d felt at the time hadn’t been the sort of distress that would summon him. Either way, he makes a mental note to consider keeping a closer eye on Neverwhere, especially once she tells him of Wolfbane.

The frown deepens, but before he can respond to her, the second mare joins them. Brennen doesn’t know her, but finds her comfort at simply inserting herself into their meeting a little jarring. She seems to know a lot about this issue – and when she mentions someone looking for Brennen, the frown morphs to a scowl. “I don’t suppose it occurred to you to let him keep looking for me, instead?”

The scowl doesn’t disappear when she suggests getting rid of the children, though his golden eyes flick briefly to Neverwhere. “Getting rid of the children is not an option. I could certainly protect part of Nerine for them specifically and then start patrolling the rest. It would be far more reliable if you gather them into one location.” He can do a lot, but he’s not interested in trying to guard Icicle Isle and Taiga as well.

Looking back at the purple, antlered mare, and sighs. Is she perhaps another magician? Certainly she knows a lot, but there’s just…something. “I don’t suppose you’d like to be less cryptic? What is the boy’s name? Or for that matter, yours? What’s wrong with Wolfbane?” Brennen knows of Wolfbane, maybe has met him, but they’re not bosom buddies. He barely even knew something was up with the other stallion, much less that he’s running around attacking queens.
    but I will hold, as long as you like
    just promise me we'll be alright
    BrenneN

@[Leilan]/@[Neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: No mile as long as the one that leads home - Brennen, any - by Brennen - 06-14-2020, 09:20 PM