• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // oriash
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

Maybe she’d quietly hoped her mother would figure it out, a hope so deep seated she cannot be sure if it is real or not. It’s the sort of hope you do not dare to hope at all for fear of being crushed beneath the weight of it should it not come true.

Yet then there is her name - her full name - on her mother’s lips. And it’s such a different meeting than the one with Solace, where they’d crashed together, all thoughts of anger lost at the sight of her mother come rushing to find her. Delirious and still unwell, Solace had found her. Kagerus had done no such thing.

Still, Oriash finds that the years worth of anger melt away with the sound of her name on her mother’s lips. It does not matter. What good does it do to be angry? All she wanted was her family, some semblance of a life. It was long lost to her, really, but in this moment some glimmer of it stands before her and how can she scorn it?

The illusion disappears as Kagerus talks, revealing blue leopard spots and large, proud antlers. This is Oriash, fully and completely. Ori doesn’t move away or forward, but looks at her mother with something like sadness and hope all mingled together. As her mother mentions questions, Ori finally speaks. ”Why didn’t you come to find me?”

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@[Kagerus] <3

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // oriash - by Oriash - 06-23-2020, 12:34 PM