• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, i surrender.
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    He finds it easy to forget the world outside this forest exists. Almost everything he loves in this world is right here where he wants it to be - with him, with her. Ophanim has never claimed any kind of storm and the oceans of his adoration for her remain as placid as they can be. But, he has always had her at his side. He does not grow tumultuous when she is away but his soul faces an endless night where even the moon will not show its face. Every second apart from her is a winter in which he has no food or warmth.

A laugh comes easily when she says he is the favorite parent but he doesn’t think it’s true. When their children are afraid, they always run to her for protection. They know their mother will defend them with every fragment of her being. He is the parent who kisses their scrapes and wipes their tears when they are inconsolably sad. Ophanim knows how to be gentle but he does not know how to show strength when that is what they need most. Still, he likes the balance they provide.

I don’t think they favor me. I think they know I’m a pushover,” he admits with another round of laughter. A grin overcomes his lips when she tugs at the golden locks of his mane and he presses a kiss to her brow. His bright blue eyes watch her as she picks out a flower from his altar to her, and he remains very still when she decorates him. His eyes close into a more proud smile as he basks in her affections. It’s funny, the way her smallest gestures plunge themselves so deeply into his heart. A simple flower might as well be a library of essays on the countless ways she loves him.

But his eyes open when she touches that scar across his chest, where his skin is pale pink and warped. His smile fades.

Starsin, I don’t care if you deserve me or if I deserve you. I need you,” he explains, pressing kisses to her jaw once more. “I don’t know who I am without you. Before I met you, I knew my heart was meant for someone out there.

His lips trace the back of her neck then, savoring the warmth of her skin and the stars across her body.

And when I met you, I wanted to give you every ounce of my love. I belonged to you the moment I was born,” he says between the love bites he leaves across her shoulders.
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, i surrender. - by Ophanim - 05-26-2020, 12:52 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Starsin - 06-11-2020, 08:08 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Ophanim - 06-12-2020, 10:10 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Starsin - 06-25-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Ophanim - 07-01-2020, 05:15 PM
    RE: oh, i surrender. - by Starsin - 07-05-2020, 05:08 PM