• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Never thirsty, ever drinking [phaeeee]

Saint, while not aptly named, has her good graces. She finds them when she stares at Dace, some small, humble part of herself eager to know if he approves of her earth magicks. The swift, subtle brush of his nose against her scales reminds her that she is not an island, alone in her might and glory. The once-princess is as small as the rest, struck like a simpleton when touched by a stranger.

"Thank you," Saint exhales on a breathless laugh, lifting her head and staring pleasantly down at her new companion. "My mother--she's a magician. I grew up learning all the right ways to nurture our earth," the dragonness adds thoughtfully, olive eyes casting distantly over the river. Leliana is a near-perfect mother--as close to perfect as a parent can get. For a moment, Saint forgets she stands beside a stranger, thinking how she must make a point to see her parents soon.

The opalescent woman's reverie is broken when she shifts her hips, accidentally swinging too far to the side and stumbling. Embarassment rises to her cheeks but Saint does her best to hide it; instead of gushing out her shame she says, "Saint. My name is Saint." It's obvious she nearly forgot Dace was there so she bites her tongue in frustration.

An uncharacteristic apology tumbles from Saint's mouth: "I'm sorry, I got to thinking about my mom. And Tephra. I should be getting back there soon." It's true. Her dragon-form is tied so tightly to the volcanic kingdom that too long away leaves her feeling suffocated and tense. "Maybe I can show you Tephra. You'd like the fish."

—Saint—

into the fray

@[Dace]
    twin to drache
    leliana's and vulgaris' daughter of tephra

Messages In This Thread
    Never thirsty, ever drinking [phaeeee] - by Dace - 02-07-2020, 10:46 PM
    RE: Never thirsty, ever drinking [phaeeee] - by saint - 07-01-2020, 07:15 PM