• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold
    A grin as wide as the horizon was making Cormorant's mouth ache, but he couldn't stop. Not when his best friend and soul brother stood here at last. With a final snort, the young stallion at last came to a halt and let the polite introductions commence. 

His head bobbed in cheerful greeting at the ice flecked stallion's greeting, though the political background to their visit was less interesting. Ma had done her best to convince him that politics had an influence on theor lives, that he'd be wise to pay a little mind to the world outside. Nonsense, to the boy who's world was this island, and the waters around it. But if that was what Al wanted to focus on, well, he'd try to keep up. 

With a sharp toothed grin, he let his body relax into the warm air. "My mother's the Dame here. My aunt stepped down a few moons ago. Other than that, it's just Ischia doing Ischia. Same sea, different day, ya know?" He shook a wash of gritty sand from his back, the sun hot on his painted skin. That was the trouble, wasn't it? He was getting tired of the same sea every day. 

His deep green eyes lit up at the mention of the northern isle. Another island, yeah, but a different one from the keys his mother presided over. Something new. "That sounds fantastic," he chuffed, adventure already nagging at his belly. "I can't wait!" A little prance of his forefeet illustrated the point, his joy needing a physical outlet. 

A sigh then flew from his lips. Oh yeah. With a salty chuckle, he shrugged. "Eh well, I can show you around now if you want. And Ma will never forgive me if she doesn't get to see you. And uh, she'll probably want to see you too, 'slong as you're here, Freyr Leilan." His nose wrinkled slightly, duty digging into his belly. The sea stallion hated it when that happened. 

@[Alcinder] @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold - by Cormorant - 07-19-2020, 11:24 AM