• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Nothing burns like the cold, but only for a while; Lilliana
    The suspense hangs between them for what feels like forever, electricity-loaden air that could crack, strike, and burn as quickly as it had arrived. Lightning - like the bird who had attacked him and Castile once, like Sabra whenever she whipped her eyes towards him with a hatred he could only appreciate. A type of flame that seemed altered, in a way.

Perhaps their bond needed such a spark, an event to shock them out of their comfort zones. It came close enough to feel it, to see the outcome of what would happen if both of them lost it - clash and burn, roar and thunder - but she deflates and defuses, and he sees then that his steely behavior has a mirroring effect on her, as well.

Mirrors meeting mirrors, the two of them listen to her words hanging in the air between them. Pairs of blue eyes staring, at her, at him, until she has convinced herself and therefore him. She does trust him, and he doesn’t have to move away from her - not for that reason, anyway. There is something he finds odd about their relationship, familiar and strange at the same time; she is reminder and wholly different, of something he doesn’t want to give a name to.

”I was given this magic only for that balance to exist.” he admits softly, nodding to her, ”It’s not the magic itself that takes, but there are those who use it with different intentions. Magic itself is a neutral, balanced thing, though.” he shakes his crest, some of the blue retreating from his eyes, leaving them a strangely warm kind of greyish brown.

She continues with a Monster, though - no longer does it have a name, then. As Leilan hears her out, he presses his mouth into a line, not because of disappointment in her, but in Bane if he's honest. Technically the two of them are related, what with him being Heartfire’s grandson, and he’d always liked to think that the stubbornness that is his family’s main trait would have helped him fight of a curse like that. But perhaps he hadn’t wanted to, given in to the raw power of it. Leilan wouldn’t really be able to tell what caused it, but to threaten one’s own family... Wolfbane was now a black sheep.

Her question draws him out of his train of thoughts, and he tilts his head at her, adding something nearly akin to a smile. She is the opposite of how Izora had approached him, in a way, and he somehow appreciates it more. Nevertheless he is no fan of self-loathing where it is misplaced. ”I don’t know, Lilli. You tell me. Do you trust yourself?”

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the least trustworthy of them all? He’s pretty sure it’s not either of them, if he’s honest about it - in a world of monsters and dragons and ladies giving in to either of them... there are always worse things to find, around the next corner.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nothing burns like the cold, but only for a while; Lilliana - by Leilan - 07-24-2020, 06:51 AM