• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it was not your fault but mine

@[Noel] leaves him grinning in the dust.

The winged girl had scoffed at him and then promptly turned on her pale heels, leaving Nash to watch as her form grows smaller on the horizon. He wasn’t sure what he had expected but when she takes off cantering towards those cliffs that he had been inclining towards, he decides that he admires her initiative to prove him wrong (even if he was joking). Being young and thrilled to have another Windwalker to tempt his competitive side, Nash doesn’t waste any more time to consider anything else. He races into a steady canter after her.

The white filly has the advantage of a head start and while she beats her lovely wings, Nashua flares his open. When Noel takes off, the chestnut pegasus isn’t far behind. His pink nostrils flare with each exerting beat that propels him skyward and the young stallion huffs from the effort. He wouldn’t normally attempt such a steep incline but he’s eager to keep up with Noel who has quickly looped in a downward spiral by the time he reaches her zenith.

Already?

Nash dips one brown wing and cuts a smaller circle (Nashua will never miss a chance to demonstrate what all those flying lessons with Popinjay and Celina and Elio have taught him) and winds below to where his companion had come to a sliding stop. He attempts to land as well and skids much as Noel had, kicking up Nerinian dust and dirt. The ground burns him as well but the pegasus is fueled on the adrenaline of their flight and doesn’t feel it. Nashua is already looking over the ledge they have perched themselves on (already soaring ahead) and his wings are still partially open, ready to catch one the updrafts that come roaring up from the crashing ocean below.

He snorts and then grins again with that dimple emerging. His green eyes spy a craggy seacliff that remains separate from the coast and since they have already come this far, why not further? Nash goes searching for her dark eyes and asks, "Up for an adventure?”

nashua
    and the days you defend will turn to gold
    html by castlegraphics; art by KHARTHIAN
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 07-17-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-14-2020, 05:03 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-15-2020, 07:44 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-20-2020, 12:36 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-21-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Noel - 08-24-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: it was not your fault but mine - by Nashua - 08-31-2020, 01:58 PM