• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shot in the dark and right at my throat

- it's in the eyes, i can tell you will always be danger -
    we had it tonight, why do we always seek absolution?
    LILLIANA

Lilliana is always on the move. It is a rare occasion to find her one place for long (she doesn't like to wander outside the North but she is often in Nerine with Neverwhere or Eurwen or Brazen, in Taiga with Yanhua or Lethy, along the beaches watching the skies for a glimpse of Nashua). And it's out of pure habit that leads her away from Leilan now, that need to keep her feet moving.

She doesn't think the brawny stallion will disagree with keeping her company. Those few steps away from him, she barely thinks at all. There is that lovely dancer's stride and she sweeps the ground beneath her with each one she takes. When he draws closer, his sudden proximity makes it harder for her to think at all. There is only the sudden chill of autumn blowing past them and his presence - a hum behind one-daintily tipped ear - that sends a similar sensation running along her spine to where the warmth of his breath pools at the back of her neck.

He is there and gone, the only remnant that had been there at all was a cold spot from where his ice had pressed against her fire-colored pelt. The chestnut mare stands quietly - perhaps too still - and that is the only thing that betrays that Leilan might still linger where he no longer stands. In her thoughts. Singing beneath her skin. Deepening the blue of her eyes. A bird flies overhead and casts a shadow below, across her and then eventually the moorlands that still lay wide and wild before them. Lilliana arches her slender neck in an attempt to gather the last of her thoughts (wits?) about her and then falls in place beside the silver roan as they walk along.

"I would," she tells the Freyr, carefully and focusing out on the knolls ahead of them, pretending that she isn't on her words. The copper mare takes another step and then questions with a casual glance back up at him: "But what would ice know about  fire?"

image credit to rigardatta
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a shot in the dark and right at my throat - by lilliana - 09-10-2020, 12:46 AM