• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on my tallest tiptoes

The nod sense a flush of joy through Beyza - it’s a pleasure when someone actually agrees to let her use her magic. Her mood lightens considerably and she can feel a spark of excitement light static in her veins. Aside from a new warmth in her expression, though, she’s careful not to look too excited - lest she scare this new friend away.

“I have this magic and it… well, it likes to help.” Although the visual isn’t exactly needed, Beyza calls on some small wisps of mist that float through the air and towards the gold-accented girl. If she doesn’t move, they’ll curl around her throat - feeling cool and soothing where they land.

She thinks of Jamie and her healing mists and how he had told her he didn’t want to become addicted to the feeling, addicted to her.

Part of her still wonders what would be so bad about that - could she foster some sort of dependency with Aela by helping her to speak? She keeps these thoughts quiet, hidden, because she can’t deny that there is some sense of delight at the concept - even though she knows aiding someone to speak is different than relieving them of a pain so bone-deep it affects them to their core.

Beyza’s already too-few blinks are spaced even farther apart as she concentrates, half-healing half-creating until she thinks she’s given working vocal cords to the other girl. Only when she’s done does she blink, breaking the spell and causing the mist to dissolve. “I’ve never given someone a voice so… I hope that worked.” Nerves start to settle in and Beyza shifts slightly on her white hooves - watching and listening and hoping that everything cooperated.

beyza

artwork by lunargraphics

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-13-2020, 08:49 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 08-24-2020, 07:32 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-31-2020, 06:18 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-02-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-03-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-14-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-26-2020, 07:49 PM