• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes; aquaria
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Pteron, who has always tried his best and most often failed spectacularly, watches as the shock of realization settles over Aquaria. The life – and love – he lives are clearly not what Aquaria had expected, but he hadn’t quite expected the pain that settles on her pale face. He says nothing. He doesn’t correct the assumption that he takes other lovers because Aegean is somehow deficient, or give the accusation that Aquaria is just a broodmare for his children even the slightest credence by acknowledging it.

Instead he is quiet, and still, and even when Aquaria inches closer he does not reach out for her.

He ignores the soft hum of happiness that most always fills his mind, forcing himself to dwell only in this moment, in these emotions. The nereid is closer now, and speaking of the risks he has taken. They are each separate things, and he cannot fathom how to word this so Aquaria might understand.

“You have always been more to me than the mother of my children,” he answers, his tone somber. He holds her gaze when he speaks. “You’re my longest friend, at times my only friend. You are the most beautiful mare I have ever met, and I clearly find you attractive. Of course I love you. But I do not love only you.”

“And that is the type of love you meant, isn’t it?” From somber to defeated, Pteron’s lips are bitten taut. He might bite hard enough to bleed if she’d not added a final bitter admission. It startles a genuine laugh out of him.

“You shouldn’t fault me for having a type,” he tells her. “If anything, you’re the one who set it.”

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes; aquaria - by Pteron - 09-27-2020, 09:03 AM